T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019
Well am getting self harm urges and I wanna see blood anyone in the know what I can use

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Moonicide, Circles, UninformedLover and 3 others
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
You can buy packs of safety razor blades at most grocery stores for not a lot of money. I'd get some hydrogen peroxide too, to pour on the cuts afterwards. Infections can be pretty nasty.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, Circles, OreoWellington and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I usually use scissors, but I agree with the above comment; use some hydrogen peroxide to clean the cuts

• Love
Reactions: Circles, OreoWellington and TheDevilsAngel
T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019
Did you bleed out from the scissors ?

T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019
Arm ideal

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles and OreoWellington
T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019
What about the razor blade? I don't know what hydrogen peroxide is

Reactions: Circles
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
It's a mild antiseptic used on the skin to prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns

• Love
Reactions: Circles and OreoWellington
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Sorry to cut in (pun intended) I was a self-harmer for 23 years. Now nearly 4 years without. Just wanted to add a bit of hope to this thread ❤

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Moonicide, NeCkDeEp and 3 others
OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
Oh my goodness, I am so jealous!!!!! I LONG to hurt myself and see blood as well, but my desired, most coveted area where I wish to do that (my right forearm, where it is covered and tinged with old self-harm scars) is checked constantly because I am a frequent plasma donor. They will defer me if they see that I actively do that.
So maybe I will go for a different part of my body instead.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide, Circles, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I just can't stop lately it is the only relief I can seem too get.... It just watching and feeling the cold blood flow down along your arm.... I just can't stop....

• Hugs
T

tariq aqeel

Jan 1, 2019
What you harming yourself with?

UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
I've been self harming for about 3 or 4 years. I use double edge razor blades. I got them from rite-aid for about 10 dollars. They're pretty in-expensive. Plus they are super sharp. You can get a deep cut without applying to much pressure.

This is what they look like just in case you never heard of them. They're used for shaving.
Screenshot 2019 12 05 16 52 02

• Hugs
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I've always bought cheap pencil sharpeners and taken the blades out. They are surprisingly sharp and if you use the tip you can cut quite well. But I'm a bit weird and I like to cut over the same cut again and again and again, so tend to prefer something a bit blunter. The masochist in me lol.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I've S/H'd for many years and have dreadful scars. Most often I use razor blades (not safety razors), scalpels or pencil sharpener blades (surprisingly strong and sharp). If you want blood but no scars,you can use a hypodermic to draw some blood. It depends on what you need from the process.
As people have said,the single most important thing is hygiene as it's usually infection that causes the real damage and lands you in the hospital. Use clean tools and wash all wounds well,using a good antiseptic if possible.
The wound itself is only an issue if it's deep enough to sever tendons/ligaments or if you are (un)lucky enough to sever an artery (pretty rare as most are quite well protected). Actually bleeding out as a result of s/h is very rare. I've had so many docs ask if I was trying to kill myself. I just laugh cos it's ridiculous.

Reactions: orangemushroom
O

orangemushroom

Nov 22, 2019
I've S/H'd for many years and have dreadful scars. Most often I use razor blades (not safety razors), scalpels or pencil sharpener blades (surprisingly strong and sharp). If you want blood but no scars,you can use a hypodermic to draw some blood. It depends on what you need from the process.
As people have said,the single most important thing is hygiene as it's usually infection that causes the real damage and lands you in the hospital. Use clean tools and wash all wounds well,using a good antiseptic if possible.
The wound itself is only an issue if it's deep enough to sever tendons/ligaments or if you are (un)lucky enough to sever an artery (pretty rare as most are quite well protected). Actually bleeding out as a result of s/h is very rare. I've had so many docs ask if I was trying to kill myself. I just laugh cos it's ridiculous.
Thanks for the idea of using hypodermic, is there anything else telling from using one? Really don't want any permanent 'damage' like scarring, but desire to draw blood.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the idea of using hypodermic, is there anything else telling from using one? Really don't want any permanent 'damage' like scarring, but desire to draw blood.
If you are careful and follow the hygiene rules,you should have no scarring. There are plenty of vids on YouTube to give you an idea of what to do

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and orangemushroom
NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I have done selfharm for years, sometimes more than 20 cuts on my body all in once.
I haven't got any permanent scars, it depends all on how deep you'll cut if you will just 'slide' instead of really putting any pressure on the object then you will most likely not end up with permanent scars for years

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I use blades from a callus thing I bought the blades separately and made this... It not ideal but I'm happy with my weapon of choice.... But I do need too change the blade. Last night I went deep I can see the fat but it bleed so much..... So calming..... 15756169482193705296160856211662

Reactions: Skathon
anonymous anomaly

anonymous anomaly

Lost.
Jan 3, 2020
Personally, I use a small pen knife and sharpen it regularly. If you want to see blood, I'd suggest cutting places close to the bone, like your hip, wrist or ankle. I don't know if it's the same with anyone else, but I find that it bleeds a lot more there. I also find that reopening scabs bleeds a lot, but that pretty much always results in a scar. (In my opinion, I'm proud of my scars, but some people don't like them.)

• Love
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Personally, I use a small pen knife and sharpen it regularly. If you want to see blood, I'd suggest cutting places close to the bone, like your hip, wrist or ankle. I don't know if it's the same with anyone else, but I find that it bleeds a lot more there. I also find that reopening scabs bleeds a lot, but that pretty much always results in a scar. (In my opinion, I'm proud of my scars, but some people don't like them.)
I take asprin to thin the blood so it bleeds more anyway.

Reactions: anonymous anomaly and TheDevilsAngel
metapod

metapod

Mar 1, 2020
i like seeing the blood but not feeling the pain, i guess i just need to grow stronger

• Love