jellybelly4

jellybelly4

Apr 23, 2019
I've been in a very dark place recently and it has become harder to cope and remain calm. I stopped cutting myself years ago but I've always been great at keeping it hidden. Nowhere visible by the public. I just didn't want to look like "a cry for help". I want to start again because I just need something to get me through until I can start on my CTB plan.

Reactions: lizinha
sweet17sour29

sweet17sour29

turning teeth
Feb 22, 2019
It just makes things worse. Stay SI free, in my opinion. It'll cloud your mind. Distraction is key. Take up Candy Crush instead.

jellybelly4

jellybelly4

Apr 23, 2019
It just makes things worse. Stay SI free, in my opinion. It'll cloud your mind. Distraction is key. Take up Candy Crush instead.
Candy crush isn't relieving enough to get me to do things in order to prepare. I mindlessly read different things and play games as it is. I need somethings to take the edge off without being a vegetable.

sweet17sour29

sweet17sour29

turning teeth
Feb 22, 2019
Self harm ain't going to help you prepare. Take a scalding shower, scrap your knuckles against a particularly textured wall, breathe deep and slow and cry, but know self harm is a gateway to you feeling much worse than what you currently feel. You know this already.

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I've been in a very dark place recently and it has become harder to cope and remain calm. I stopped cutting myself years ago but I've always been great at keeping it hidden. Nowhere visible by the public. I just didn't want to look like "a cry for help". I want to start again because I just need something to get me through until I can start on my CTB plan.
Hi.
You have done great to not cut for years.
I can see the attraction and how it is a coping mechanism for many of us.

Please just remember that once you start again you may enter the cycle of addition it brings.
I do know how it seems the only option in dark times and it hard for other distraction techniques to hit the spot.
I wish u well x

Reactions: jellybelly4 and Bedlamb