Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
Hey guys. Just yesterday I self harmed for the first time and it felt really weird and scary. I feel as if I wasn't meant to do this and at the same time, I wanted to do it. I feel awful and I don't know if I should do it again and I feel like I should. I'm scared if people will see.
What do you guys think I should do?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies, Rev346 and Life_and_Death
Charlotte_blermf

Charlotte_blermf

FREAK OF NATURE // blermf
Nov 13, 2023
If your scared and worried about people finding out, you should stop. If someone sees your self harm scares it will be much easier to explain it off if it's just one or a few cuts and not dozens. If you wanna hide it, I suggest using make-up to cover it up so people don't see. Wish you the best of luck and hope you can find out what you wanna do!

Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Don't feel pressured to self harm. If you don't get any pleasure out of it and you don't want to do it, don't do it. Simple as. If you do feel like doing it but it feels wrong, maybe see if your feelings are in relation to just being suicidal in general or if it's actually actively wanting to self harm.

As for worrying about people seeing them, doing it for the first time gets you that get-out-of-jail free card, just stick some bandages over it, say you cut yourself on a branch or something, and people will be none the wiser.

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
Don't feel pressured to self harm. If you don't get any pleasure out of it and you don't want to do it, don't do it. Simple as. If you do feel like doing it but it feels wrong, maybe see if your feelings are in relation to just being suicidal in general or if it's actually actively wanting to self harm.

As for worrying about people seeing them, doing it for the first time gets you that get-out-of-jail free card, just stick some bandages over it, say you cut yourself on a branch or something, and people will be none the wiser.
The things is, I want to do it. I just don't want people to see. Like when I visit my parents, I don't want them to see.

Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
The things is, I want to do it. I just don't want people to see. Like when I visit my parents, I don't want them to see.
Best thing to do then is hide it on parts of your body no one notices. Thighs are a pretty common place because no one's going to question why you aren't wearing shorts. Upper arm and chest are also some areas I've heard of doing, but good luck wearing a t-shirt.

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
It's an addicting experience. I first did it to desensitize myself so I could learn to cut a more vital area. Then I learned how addictive it was. Some days it's hard to say no but I don't want people to see scars. The cuts can also itch pretty badly when healing. Just know that by doing SH you've overcome your SI more than most of the population.

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
It's an addicting experience. I first did it to desensitize myself so I could learn to cut a more vital area. Then I learned how addictive it was. Some days it's hard to say no but I don't want people to see scars. The cuts can also itch pretty badly when healing. Just know that by doing SH you've overcome your SI more than most of the population.
Why is it so addicting?

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
Why is it so addicting?
I don't know why. I've heard it's similar to people that constantly want new tattoos (e.g., feeling the pain of the needle).

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

Oct 31, 2023
I don't know why. I've heard it's similar to people that constantly want new tattoos (e.g., feeling the pain of the needle).
that's interesting

neverknowsbest0

neverknowsbest0

Überm sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet.
Nov 5, 2023
I personally have a lot of unhealed cuts, as well as a lot of scars that will never ever disappear. If i will not kms soon, i think they can only be covered with tattoos. Personally, I only get the urge to take a couple of cuts when I'm shit drunk. I just want to hurt myself while listening to songs that make me even more depressed. If you are planning to do this kind of stuff, it is better to do it on your legs.

UtopianSoliloquies

UtopianSoliloquies

Act 3 Scene 1
Jan 21, 2023
that's interesting
self-harm actually releases endorphins in a similar way eating or exercising might, so that's the neurological reason why it feels so addicting. If you want to hurt yourself but are concerned about leaving marks, you can snap a rubber band on your skin by pulling it back and releasing it. It still stings but does not leave permanent scarring.

DeecyTee

DeecyTee

New here
Sep 23, 2023
Hey guys. Just yesterday I self harmed for the first time and it felt really weird and scary. I feel as if I wasn't meant to do this and at the same time, I wanted to do it. I feel awful and I don't know if I should do it again and I feel like I should. I'm scared if people will see.
What do you guys think I should do?
I've felt guilty every time I SHed tbh. It might not be for you but also maybe if you keep doing it you'll begin to feel better about it.

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
What did you use? Make sure to keep the wounds clean and consider bandaging them if they are still open. Once you start cutting, it is extremely hard to stop. I have been for over a decade. Try other methods before doing this as it leaves scars that last for a long time and it is hard to explain to people once they notice. Plus, there is always a risk of infection or cutting deep enough to cause nerve damage. Sometimes putting something really cold on my skin, like ice, helps. Less noticeable/dangerous methods are hitting yourself, pinching, and poking yourself with pins. You should try these before cutting, bc like I said, it can be hard to stop.