futileflutters

futileflutters

Cognitively Immobile Borderline Disast-her
Jul 14, 2020
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question, I couldnt find any forum section specifically on the topic.

I have been burning myself for 10 years now. It doesnt scratch the itch anymore. I want blood. I know that I am "chasing the dragon" here but its gonna happen either way so Im just trying to do it right.

I still plan to kill myself but I dont want to die unplanned as part of a neglegent harm session. so I wanted to get some advice. I know Im a coward for this.

I plan to switch to cutting with a razor from burning with assorted metal and lighters.

Is it okay to cut over burn scars? I can provide images upon request if necessary.

Is there something else, ideally disposable for sanitary reasons, I should use instead of razors?

Is there anything else I should know?

Thank you for your time in reading this ramble, apologies for formating, Im on mobile.

sweetcreep

sweetcreep

reincarnating as a worm
Jul 21, 2024
firstly, you're not a coward for any of this. secondly, i wouldn't recommend cutting too deep on places with heavy scarring. i find those places tend to get more sensitive the more i self-harm, also they have a harder time healing. and it's just difficult for me to get the straight clean lines that i prefer when i cut over scars. if they're pretty old and faded though, it might not bad as bad.
you can buy a pack of box cutter refills on amazon. get some rubbing alcohol and disinfect your tools after each use. new razors are very sharp, so use caution the first couple times you use a new one.
having first aid supplies helps so you don't get the cuts infected. just take care of them and try to let them heal before cutting over them again.

i don't like that i cut, but i do. so i try to do it safely. that's my best advice. do it safely.💚

Reactions: no.one
futileflutters

futileflutters

Jul 14, 2020
firstly, you're not a coward for any of this. secondly, i wouldn't recommend cutting too deep on places with heavy scarring. i find those places tend to get more sensitive the more i self-harm, also they have a harder time healing. and it's just difficult for me to get the straight clean lines that i prefer when i cut over scars. if they're pretty old and faded though, it might not bad as bad.
you can buy a pack of box cutter refills on amazon. get some rubbing alcohol and disinfect your tools after each use. new razors are very sharp, so use caution the first couple times you use a new one.
having first aid supplies helps so you don't get the cuts infected. just take care of them and try to let them heal before cutting over them again.

i don't like that i cut, but i do. so i try to do it safely. that's my best advice. do it safely.💚
Would you recommend the "snap off"/breakable type or the trapezoid blade style?

Thank you for your advice.

sweetcreep

sweetcreep

reincarnating as a worm
Jul 21, 2024
Would you recommend the "snap off"/breakable type or the trapezoid blade style?

Thank you for your advice.
i personally use these:
it's just what i have access to at the moment and a pack of these is pretty cheap. i wouldn't get the double sides ones since there's a chance you can cut your hand or fingers if you're not being careful. i find this style that i have allows me more control of how much pressure i can use to cut.

Reactions: no.one and futileflutters
futileflutters

futileflutters

Jul 14, 2020
i personally use these:
it's just what i have access to at the moment and a pack of these is pretty cheap. i wouldn't get the double sides ones since there's a chance you can cut your hand or fingers if you're not being careful. i find this style that i have allows me more control of how much pressure i can use to cut.
Thank you so much for all of your advice, ended up going with the single edges.
Is it okay/are you comfortable with me asking more detailed follow up questions?
If not then its completely understood and I apologize for asking.

alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Arcanist
Feb 10, 2024
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question, I couldnt find any forum section specifically on the topic.

I have been burning myself for 10 years now. It doesnt scratch the itch anymore. I want blood. I know that I am "chasing the dragon" here but its gonna happen either way so Im just trying to do it right.

I still plan to kill myself but I dont want to die unplanned as part of a neglegent harm session. so I wanted to get some advice. I know Im a coward for this.

I plan to switch to cutting with a razor from burning with assorted metal and lighters.

Is it okay to cut over burn scars? I can provide images upon request if necessary.

Is there something else, ideally disposable for sanitary reasons, I should use instead of razors?

Is there anything else I should know?

Thank you for your time in reading this ramble, apologies for formating, Im on mobile.
Scar tissue doesn't have as good a blood supply so won't heal as well or as quickly as undamaged skin if you cut over it. That increases the risk of infection. I would avoid.

Reactions: sweetcreep
sweetcreep

sweetcreep

reincarnating as a worm
Jul 21, 2024
Thank you so much for all of your advice, ended up going with the single edges.
Is it okay/are you comfortable with me asking more detailed follow up questions?
If not then its completely understood and I apologize for asking.
i don't mind at all. i'll do my best to help. you may ask them here or if you'd prefer privacy, feel free to DM me.

futileflutters

futileflutters

Jul 14, 2020
i don't mind at all. i'll do my best to help. you may ask them here or if you'd prefer privacy, feel free to DM me.
Hi! Thank you a ton for being willing to talk w/ me about this stuff in detail. I understand its a triggering topic and if any questions I ask or phrasings are upsetting please please please let me know. Little wasted right now so if I say too much I apologize. TW: anything from here on will.be detailedish self harm talk

Do you have any tips for hitting styro while keeping good control over the cut? Its either my blade angle or pressure and I want to ensure its blade angle before increasing pressure. Should I be trying to use the whole length of the razor and sliding or just leveraging the edge under my skin and ripping across the duration of the rest? Currently just feels like my razors are scraping my skin and not really cutting. So much for all the stuff saying razors cut like butter. May try using my double edged shaving razors instead tmrw. I get a little blood but I want to BLEED.
Kinda worried if I increase pressure I will overshoot styro and cut straight to beans or lower, is that easy to do? I
prefer having contro over damage l so I never need to seek outside help. Although my country has healthcare they may make it more difficult to get my required surgeries for my defect if they decide im unstable. Its hard to tell cut depth bssed on razor since my thigh is a bit squishy. The squish easily compacts under the thin blade and I cant tell what is actually cut or just pushed down. My spouse would be messed up finding me in a bad condition so I want to keep control. Was gonna keep cuts to legs and burns to arms but since my arms are fucking skin and bone may switch if its easier to determine depth.

Again, thanks a ton. Most places wouldnt allow su ch questions. If you ever need help with any comouter or phone related issues id be happy to help, its all Im goood for.

sweetcreep

sweetcreep

reincarnating as a worm
Jul 21, 2024

i do my best to not go deep, it's been a very long time since i've cut deep enough to hit styro. i highly advise against cutting to that layer of skin, but i understand the "scratches" not feeling like they're enough. self-harm is very much an addiction, and you will never fully be satisfied with the outcome no matter how deep you go or how much you bleed.

to get to styro, it's not about the angle. it's how deeply you cut, so the pressure that you put down on the blade. with the type of razor blade i have, i sort of just drag it across, sometimes i start with the sharp edge first to pierce the skin. if you're cutting on the outside of your thighs like i do, there is a lot of fat to cut through. it's one of the places people recommend the most for cutting simply because of that. you might actually be cutting past the epidermis, reaching the demis and not realizing. since blades like the ones i use are sharp and thin, they can go pretty deep with even the slightest pressure, but you might not see it since the wound it creates is ... razor thin. (good unintentional pun right there.) i imagine like pushing needles into yourself. once you pull it out you can't see how far deep it went, only the small wound on the surface. it's easier to cut through to the demis on places with less fat, like forearms.

cutting deeper than styro is not something i have ever done, even when i wasn't being careful. i think it's definitely possible to cut through to the hypodermis without meaning to in a moment of intense emotion or carelessness. and you don't want to hit beans if you're trying to avoid medical attention. i also think it's just going to take some trial and error for you to find the cut that feels right to you. i tried many different things like sewing needles, disposable shaving blades, a pocketknife. but what i feel most comfortable with is those single edge blade and cutting as straight and even as i can. i prefer if my scars heal over a certain way too, so that affects how i cut and where.

self-harm is a very personal thing and i think a unique experience for every individual.

i hope that helps a bit. i don't mind talking about this subject on this forum at all.