purple417

purple417

Sep 17, 2023
i struggle a lot with personal hygiene and taking care of myself. especially with showering and brushing my teeth. whenever im able to do it, it kind of drains all my energy. any advice on how to make this easier? i wanna be able to do take care of personal hygiene without it feeling like such a draining and daunting task

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
easyescape

easyescape

doomscroll 'til i die!
Oct 10, 2023
for brushing my teeth, i find it helps to put on a good song around 2-3 minutes and just vibe while listening to it/scrolling phone. electric toothbrush helps too if you hate the mental concentration of going back and forth w/ a normal toothbrush but the heads can be pricey for name brands. for showering i do a basic routine, get in, wash groin regions, shampoo and rinse hair, wash face, quick body rub top to bottom and boom. even then tho i still struggle doing it once a day, i get it, still feels hard doing it daily lol. if you can hit at least once every two days it's much better than once a week

also xiao is cool

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and WAITING TO DIE
W

wendy5c

Brain dead Azn
Oct 11, 2023
Maybe you can take vitamin or metabolic supplements to get rid of the morning fatigue and have energy left to spare for more strenuous activities.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
L

lifewillprevail

Oct 11, 2023
for brushing my teeth, i find it helps to put on a good song around 2-3 minutes and just vibe while listening to it/scrolling phone. electric toothbrush helps too if you hate the mental concentration of going back and forth w/ a normal toothbrush but the heads can be pricey for name brands. for showering i do a basic routine, get in, wash groin regions, shampoo and rinse hair, wash face, quick body rub top to bottom and boom. even then tho i still struggle doing it once a day, i get it, still feels hard doing it daily lol. if you can hit at least once every two days it's much better than once a week

also xiao is cool
You could even play some music in the shower too. Have like a mini-concert in there, play some upbeat music, and get the blood pumping. If it seems like a chore (which it can be sometimes) to keep your hygiene healthy then mix in aspects that you enjoy to make showering a more enjoyable and fun experience. I guess it's just perspective. Humans are creatures of habit, so if you continue to do it over and over again consecutively over a period of time, then it'll just be second nature to do these things and feel less than an energy-sapping activity. Do your best, take your time, and learn to find positives in it. You got it!

Reactions: LivideLamb and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Same here: I struggle to do anything because of severe depression. I have gone for days, sometimes weeks without brushing my teeth or bathing.
Zero motivation to even think at times.
The " don't think about it - just do it " approach sometimes works.

Reactions: dazed_dreamer
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
If you have a bathtub you could try having a relaxing bath... I missed having those...
That way you turn something annoying into something relaxing.
For the teeth, just use a mouthwasher. You will still have to brush them every now and then I think tho. Or chewing gums, those are also good.