E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Is it possible to self-ban/have an account banned (so that the username goes grey and is also crossed out), yet still be able to access SS via that account?
As sometimes, in the 'members online' section, I see people online with the username crossed out and grey name..

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I like the ones that are crossed out yet somehow responding to threads. Like.... How!?
You do still have access to the account. You just can't use it to talk to people or anything

Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and esse_est_percipi
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I think its a custom tag when you made your name I think there was bold and italics options and stuff like dat

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
There are self-bans and different levels of mod bans. As I understand it, only with a hard ban can a user not log in. Some bans, the member can respond to PMs but not initiate them, and cannot post on the forum.

There is one member who recently got themselves unbanned and has been posting, but their name is still crossed out, it seems to be a freak occurrence.

But yeah, some folks who ctb and are banned log in, so we're often not sure if they survived or if someone got access to their device and are using it. Several times, family members or friends of members who ctb'd have commented on the member's goodbye thread.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that in order to request an unban, one would need to be able to log in and prove they're really them with their password.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Deleted member 18655