StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I have an issue that would be great if I got some feedback. Please don't be mean - constructive criticism ONLY. I am unemployed and running out of money. It's just me and my cat. I received word last week that I had been hired at a position out of state. The moving cost is between $1800 and $4500. I am a minimalist and don't have very much so I thought this was extremely expensive plus doing some research I found out that they can state one price and when they put your stuff on their truck they can state another price and you MUST pay or they auction off your stuff. I thought about driving a uhaul and dragging my vehicle behind - that scares me since I'll be going to a very large city and I would have to hire people to load and unload the final option is to get rid of everything and start all over.

My second issue is that I've never had much self esteem (thanks bitch mother). Now all that is going through my mind is can I do this job (I've done this kind of work for over 20 years). I am scared - no I'm terrified. My anxiety is off the chart.

My other option is to call it a day - to go back home and spend eternity in the desert and near my little girl (murdered).

Any suggestions? I'm frozen - I can't move forward and I can't move backward so I am just putting my head in the sand ... may lose out on everything and HAVE to ctb.

Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
K

ket

Dec 18, 2021
hey op, do you have to hire someone to help pack and unpack? i moved states away and while i had to make a couple trips, i fit all of my stuff (i did not own much furniture) into my car and did it myself. would be cheaper for sure.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
hey op, do you have to hire someone to help pack and unpack? i moved states away and while i had to make a couple trips, i fit all of my stuff (i did not own much furniture) into my car and did it myself. would be cheaper for sure.
I agree. It's so hard to give up everything I own and just fill my car with my most important items. The place is six hours away so it's not feasible to make numerous trips and now I can't seem to find someplace that I can afford. It seems that every forward step I take there are ten steps backward. Maybe the universe is telling me just to ctb .... don't know. I do appreciate your input. Thanks!

medjooled11

medjooled11

Define or be defined.
Aug 13, 2021
It's okay. You are strong. Don't go back home since that may make things worse.

I'd suggest renting a small storage unit. They are fairly cheap, and you wouldn't need to rent one for long. You could mail yourself some things, and then pack all your needed belongings in your car. If you're very low on money, then I'd suggest posting an advertisement on Craigslist to find someone to help you move. You could probably find someone and pay them by the hour.

K

ket

Dec 18, 2021
I agree. It's so hard to give up everything I own and just fill my car with my most important items. The place is six hours away so it's not feasible to make numerous trips and now I can't seem to find someplace that I can afford. It seems that every forward step I take there are ten steps backward. Maybe the universe is telling me just to ctb .... don't know. I do appreciate your input. Thanks!
you can do it! i did the same move (i think it was 9 hours but i stopped midway overnight). sucks but not impossible, find some good podcasts, best of luck!