• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
For as long as I've been a member on the forum, but increasingly so over the past two or three months, I've noticed there have been disagreements over what is required for the SN method, with exhortations that an antiemetic is an absolute must, and sometimes that an antacid is an absolute must.

I'm concerned because some members feel they cannot act on their choice to suicide with SN if they don't have access to antiemetics and antacids. While I'm not encouraging suicide, I do not want to see discouraged an attainable method that is preffered by many because potentially optional AEs or antacids are not attainable.

My understanding has always been that if one fasts 4-8 hours prior, uses 25g SN mixed with 50-100ml water, and is not interrupted, then one can expect death in 1-4 hours. I've repeatedly given this advice; if I am in error, I want to know so that I can correct it going forward, and also stop arguing with different advice.

Therefore, my purpose for this thread is to open a discussion to see if a consensus can't be reached: are AEs and antacids required for SN or not?

I bring to the table two documents: Stan's Guide and the PPH.

1. Stan's Guide says two things that are in potential conflict with each other:

The essential component is the SN. Everything else is meant to make the process easier for you and to minimise any possible symptoms and discomfort.

and

The second most important step of the method after making the SN drink and swallowing it, is for the SN to stay in your stomach. You are drinking a toxic liquid and your body defences will recognise this and may try to cleanse your body. One of the defence systems is vomiting. (This is followed by a list of antiemetics that will perform as needed, as antinausea medication and some antiemetics will be ineffective.)

The Conflicts

SN is the only essential vs. the exhortation that keeping SN in the stomach is the second most important step, followed by antiemetic information.

Keeping the SN in the stomach is the second most important step, not taking an antiemetic, but is followed by antiemetic information, and this is confusing. It can be construed that an antiemetic is the second most important step and is therefore essential. (Can anyone link any comments from Stan that directly address this? If there are such comments, then perhaps the guide needs to be edited for much-needed clarity and resolve at least some of the forum debates.)

Another conflict is that we know from anecdotal accounts prior to Stan's Guide being posted, as well as after, that antiemetics are not a guarantee that vomiting will not occur, and that vomiting is not a guarantee of method failure. (Again, I wonder if Stan ever commented on this.)

2. The following is a screenshot from the June PPeH that @Living sucks shared on several threads, and she received it from another member (that's who did the highlighting). No member ever stepped forward and said this screenshot does not match the actual PPeH, so I'm inclined to accept it as valid. I would prefer to also see the previous page so we could have the entire method and not just the potentiation page.

NOTE: I have not seen the September PPeH, so this is the most recent version available. If anyone can share screenshots of the SN protocol from the most recent, I would appreciate it. (If you want to protect your anonymity, I suggest you send it to multiple members and ask them each to post it. I don't do PMs, and I'd suggest you PM it to a mod and then have them PM it to me since they can override my block, but I don't think it would be good for staff to be involved as it could create a conflict for the site with the PPH publishers.)

The Conflicts With Stan's Guide

First, the antiemetic is "suggested" here, not insisted upon. Techically, I don't see that it is insisted upon in Stan's Guide either but, as I mentioned above, it's confusing.

Second, while Stan's Guide said that keeping SN in the stomach is important, the PPH says what is of importance is rapid gut absorption. For this, the PPH recommends fasting and Tagamet, an H2 antagonist (Stan's Guide offers more options). However, neither fasting nor the antagonist is demanded as part of the regimen, while Stan's Guide says that fasting is an essential part of the regimen (not quoted, see link).

Third, a minor conflict, not argued about on the forum so not relevant to this thread: PPeH mentions only metoclopramide as an antiemetic, while Stan's Guide lists several options. (EDIT: it was pointed out to me that it has in fact recently been debated on the forum, I was not aware and acknowledge my error. Therefore I'd like to clarify that this third conflict is not relevant to the purpose of this thread.)

Discuss!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: auniqueusername669, sadworld, Sinkinshyp and 11 others
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
I made a thread about this the other day and talked alot about different antiemetic option possibilities like Promethazine

btw, ever since the recent popular darknet market closure getting metoclopramide is alot harder as the markets have scattered. in america we have to order off clearnet sites and wait 3+ weeks for international shipping instead of a domestic deepweb order. I'm not really patient and waiting so long isn't a viable option for me

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld and Deleted member 18655
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I made a thread about this the other day and talked alot about different antiemetic option possibilities like Promethazine

btw, ever since the recent popular darknet market closure getting metoclopramide is alot harder as the markets have scattered. in america we have to order off clearnet sites and wait 3+ weeks for international shipping instead of a domestic deepweb order. I'm not really patient and waiting so long isn't a viable option for me

Our threads definitely aren't overlapping!

Yours was a discussion about meto alternatives.

This thread is about whether AEs and antacids are or are not an absolute must for SN.

• Love
Reactions: krsu
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
Our threads definitely aren't overlapping!

Yours was a discussion about meto alternatives.

This thread is about whether AEs and antacids are or are not an absolute must for SN.

you're right, I just wanted you to look at my thread because i did a lot of research >.< sorry

• Hugs
Reactions: cyberlordsumit and GoodPersonEffed
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Keeping the SN in the stomach is the second most important step, not taking an antiemetic, but is followed by antiemetic information, and this is confusing.
I don't see how this is confusing. Keeping the SN in your stomach is the second milestone. To achieve this, you need to take an antiemetic. He's stating that the antiemetic helps you to achieve the second goal, prevention of vomiting.

Reactions: woxihuanni, ladolcemorte and Deleted member 18655
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Thank you for posting this. I'm sure there are so many people out there who eagerly anticipate reassurance on this method whenever it happens to pop up. Your skills with writing, getting your point across, and drawing out information from others has been hugely beneficial to this community.

Personally, I think that if someone fasts and takes a second dose after throwing up, they will pass away. AE and antacids will increase the chances, but there have been people who didn't use AE and still passed. When have you ever heard of someone recovering from 2 doses of SN without medical care? It seems like anyone who has failed received medical care. If they wanted to ensure success, they would make it impossible to get that aid. This is what my hold up is right now. I'm trying to figure out how to make it impossible to be found. Lately, I've been thinking about going deep in the woods.

• Hugs
Reactions: Robyn, sadworld, cyberlordsumit and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I don't see how this is confusing. Keeping the SN in your stomach is the second milestone. To achieve this, you need to take an antiemetic. He's stating that the antiemetic helps you to achieve the second goal, prevention of vomiting.

First off, please know that I'm not being argumentative. This is a discussion, a debate, not a fight, and I have zero ill will toward you, I regularly give positive reacts to your posts. Just wanted to make that clear.

The confusion is that he first said only the SN is needed, everything else is for comfort.

Then, he did not specifically say one needs to take an antiemetic in order to achive the second milestone.

I realize it may seem like I'm being nitpicky. I promise you I'm not. The second statement about the milestone is stated in a confusing way, and it contradicts the first statement.

I've got training and job experience in technical writing. Stan did an overall great job, but this one little thing is unclear and leaves room for debate. Debate is happening. People are uncertain. The guide does not provide clear guidance about whether an AE is needed or not.

If I need to, I will go through his posts, but it would be very convenient if a member who was here the same time as Stan could remember specific discussions and more easily pinpoint them. From what I understand, the purpose of the guide was to provide definitive clarity about the method because there was none. Just a couple of sentences are unclear, and the impact of that shows in the regular disagreements about whether an AE is needed or not, and it's not just because of people who throw up; they did that when Stan was here.

Am I making sense? I'm trying to!

• Love
Reactions: AMG44, checkouttime, Deleted member 18655 and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
To achieve this, you need to take an antiemetic. He's stating that the antiemetic helps you to achieve the second goal, prevention of vomiting.
As I understood it, you don't need to take an antiemetic to keep sn down, if 'need' is understood in the strong sense of it being absolutely necessary/essential.

It is desirable, and it helps, but it is also possible to take sn without an antiemetic and not vomit. Or to take it with an antiemetic and still vomit. Taking an antiemetic just decreases the probability of vomiting by a significant but unknown amount.

And you can take sn and vomit, yet still ctb because enough has already been absorbed in your system prior to vomiting.

This is my interpretation, which may be wrong or inaccurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadworld, color_me_gone and GoodPersonEffed
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I realize it may seem like I'm being nitpicky.
I don't think you're nitpicking. The SN method has been marred by confusion and misinformation for long and it's good to see a thread trying to clarify things. I bear you no ill will either, your critical thinking skills are needed here on ss.

The confusion is that he first said only the SN is needed, everything else is for comfort.
I've always wondered about this. At first it appears to suggest that SN will kill you regardless. However, looking at actual attempts, it would seem that failure is usually due to discovery, under-dosing or vomiting. As such, it would seem like an antiemetic is essential to success, not just for comfort. Regarding fasting, I always thought that it was meant to empty the stomach to enable rapid absorption of the poison. It would seem to be essential as well. What do you think?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AMG44, checkouttime, Deleted member 18655 and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
At first it appears to suggest that SN will kill you regardless
I think its effectiveness also depends on how long it's in your system before you vomit. Which is why I often seem to hear of people preparing several doses, regardless of whether they take an antiemetic or not.

Regarding fasting, I always thought that it was meant to empty the stomach to enable rapid absorption of the poison
This is how I understand it too

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I've always wondered about this. At first it appears to suggest that SN Wil kill you regardless. However, looking at actual attempts, it would seem that failure is usually due to discovery, under-dosing or vomiting. As such, it would seem like an antiemetic is essential to success, not just for comfort.

I think I'm going to go through all of the failures on the SN successes and failures thread and analyze the causes. I want to see how many reported failure due to vomiting, and how many took an AE and how many didn't. I just don't want the effort! I love doing analyses like this but I don't have a laptop, only a tablet, so it's a pain in the ass.

It doesn't seem to me that an AE is essential to success just because so many people have succeeded without it. Again, I may go through all of the ones deemed successful to see how many took an AE and how many didn't.

I'm going to get nitpicky about comfort, but I'm not picking on you. I often use that word in this context, and I recall that others have as well. I think this needs clarification, even if only for myself. What the guide actually says is:

Everything else is meant to make the process easier for you and to minimise any possible symptoms and discomfort.

So, AEs, antacids and ibuprofen or equivalent are meant to make the process easier, and to minimize symptoms and discomfort. An AE would make it easier if one didn't vomit, would minimize the symptom, and would minimize the discomfort it would cause.

Regarding fasting, I always thought that it was meant to empty the stomach to enable rapid absorption of the poison. It would seem to be essential as well. What do you think?

I've always thought it's essential because it's presented in the guide as one of the main steps in the regimen. I didn't question that until I read the PPH screenshot more closely and saw that it's a recommendation. Just as some would personally rather not do SN without an AE, I would personally rather fast. But as I said in the OP, there are certain things I've always said are essential, and I'm going to have to rethink that before I say it again, and whether or not to state it as assertively as I have until now.

Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and CarbonMonoxide
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Just a thought: once a general/loose consensus is reached here, can we make an addendum to the Pinned post about SN (which is locked, to my recollection) so as to cut down on the many threads looking for this clarification?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Just a thought: once a general/loose consensus is reached here, can we make an addendum to the Pinned post about SN (which is locked, to my recollection) so as to cut down on the many threads looking for this clarification?

Are you talking about Stan's Guide? I think I also mentioned in the OP that it may need editing if we have some kind of consensus. Or are you talking about a different pinned post?

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Are you talking about Stan's Guide? I think I also mentioned in the OP that it may need editing if we have some kind of consensus. Or are you talking about a different pinned post?
Isn't Stans's Guide in a pinned thread with the PPH? I printed it off ages ago so haven't gone to it here for info. But it seems like there are a lot of the same questons so, yes, if we can do some editing it may alleviate some confusion and misinformation. :heart:

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I did a site search for "meto" with Stan as the user, and I was surprised there were only about 30 comments.

I learned some interesting things. I hope others find them interesting, too. This is a long post, but it's all relevant. I highly recommend others do their own research and not just rely on what someone says because others do.

I noticed Stan was a member for just under four months, I thought it was much longer. His first meto comment was on the SN Megathread, which started in April 2018; he joined in August 2019.

Apparently there was an SN regimen before he wrote the guide. As I've read through some of the threads, I'm making the educated assumption that it came from the PPH. He made this comment on the SN thread only two weeks after he'd joined:

The regime is there to help you to have a higher success rate by not throwing up and lowering stomach acid, its the SN that kills you.

On September 29, he was in a conversation on the megathread discussing someone taking 30g and he was concerned about how much water they'd need for that, just like so many of us who think 20g to 50ml is a whole lot of SN, we don't yet realize that it's very soluble. He was already researching grams to bodyweight rations. They were also discussing at that point in the thread how Nitschke (PN) had gone up on the recommended dose from 30g to 35g! (During those four months, it changed to 20-25g).

I'd love to have a 5 minute chat with PN and ask him about the incremental rises we have seen.

October 22, replying on the SN megathread to someone who couldn't get meto prescribed. It seems at this point he'd already done a lot of research on meto and on the method and was giving advice:

Realistically it is a nice to have. If you can't get it, don't stress. SN will still work

Same day:

The stat dose of meto is the most important. Only need to do the 8 hour fast and in my opinion that is a bit overkill

On October 28 he posted a venting thread about the SN Megathread. The OP pretty much sums up his thoughts on the method being short and sweet, and that a document such as the guide he authored should be updated if needed. I'm also including this for the humor.

This is a proper vent.

One of the the important things of this site is to share information for people to understand how to cbt painlessly and safely. I'm a big fan of the SN method so I will focus on that one and perhaps people with a focus on the others can say whether it is the same elsewhere. The SN megathread has had over a 1/4 million views! If you were a Youtuber and got that, you would be making some serious money. Why do people view it? Mainly to understand what it is, what you need and how its done. Every pm I get is because people cannot work out fact from fiction regarding the method. All the information you need about SN can fit onto one side of a piece of letter sized paper, 2 if you want the full explanation. Nobody looks at the relevant PPH pages in the resources section. There are over 160 pages on the subject as well as multiple threads appearing daily which adds even more confusion with some of the replies that are more speculation than fact.

The best way to distribute information is to have one single point of truth which can be updated if necessary. If this was a commercial website, they would have paid people called 'content managers' who would make sure that the single point of truth is protected by managing the content through deletions of inaccurate information. This is not a commercial website.

What we have done is become lazy. Instead of searching for information we just make a post or even worse, a new thread. Then a variation of an answer appears and even more confusion comes along.

Personally I would burn down the SN megathread and start it again as it's obvious that for a lot of people it's providing more questions than answers, which means it is doing exactly the opposite of what it is supposed to do.

Rant over

Same thread, more ranting, made me giggle:

Some of the questions beggar belief to me. It as if they are looking for a personal consult from a doctor and I will give some examples to illustrate:

1. Will I be sick?

I don't know! Everyone is different. Taking antiemetics really improve the chance that you won't but even then it is not a guarantee that you won't. Even a doctor with a gold plated stethoscope and every diploma that could be gained can't tell by examining you in person never mind throwing out that question on an anonymous forum!

2. Will I have a seizure?

See answer in principle of question 1

3. Will I go blue?

*eye roll*

4. What if I don't like the taste?

*double eye roll*

5. Will it kill me?

SERIOUSLY?????

6. Will I make noises?

FFS!

7. Will it hurt?

There could be some discomfort during the process, it's not a tickling contest. When it comes to physical pain, headaches (low level ones and not splitting migraines), a bit of a stomach ache perhaps. Fast heart rate which is not painful but I can appreciate it could increase anxiety. Laboured breathing as the body works to try and get more oxygen in, again not painful but could increase anxiety. But you may get no symptoms at all. If you have an underlying physical health condition, then nobody knows how you will react. people can't ask other people for a personal prognosis on how they react to SN. I absolutely understand people want to know. Just need to understand what could happen to you as the worse case scenario and then hope for the best. Again, the worse case scenario with SN is far less then many other methods that are as easy as this to do.

8. Where can I get the regimen drugs?

Countless times this has been answered on this forum.

9. Where can I get SN?

Has there been a worldwide ban on search engines or looking at a few world famous internet marketplaces?

I also see a bunch of threads about certain drugs and overdoses. You could type the same question into google and get an answer from a real medical resource in seconds.

Last few giggles from the rant thread, including an intelligent(ly written) question from a former popular member, I'm sure some folks will appreciate her appearance here.

But I can't deny now that when I see a stupid question or statement that I will respond in kind. I am sure a few complaints will be seen :devil:
@Stan, while I have you. I don't have Meto and I'm worried about throwing up. So I'm planning to drink the SN whilst hopping on one leg, dressed as Elvis, singing the national anthem of Estonia. Is that a good substitute?
Normally I wouldn't answer, but as it is you I will. It's not meto - it's Metro, the underground transportation system in Paris. So you have to be on one of those trains as not to throw up. If you have an artificial leg, I suggest labelling the real leg as to make sure you don't make a mistake when choosing which leg to hop on. Singing is not a good idea as you will be drinking - i would suggest using the medium of dance instead to relay Estonian national pride. You can't go wrong with Elvis

Here's an interesting comment he made on someone's thread getting feedback on their regimen. I find it interesting because, in the screenshot of the PPeH I posted in the OP, PN says that fasting and Tagamet are potentiators for rapid gut absorption. Stan's first sentence seems to disagree, but he's talking about the stomach, and at the end it seems that it potentiates passing the SN into the small intestine, where it can be absorbed. I'm not sure who's off here, PN, Stan, both or neither. Anyhow, it seems to me that, like fasting, particular types of antacid are a good idea, and may be more helpful than meto in that they assist the method in working, while meto tries to stop something from happening but may or may not, depending on the person. (Further below, in the most important quotes, meto is also shown to help empty gastric contents, which is minor since the stomach should already be empty from fasting, except for the water taken with supplmental meds.)

The purpose of antacid has nothing to do with quicker absorption of SN. In your stomach there is something called gastric juices, one of the components of this juice is hydrochloric acid (HCL). When SN mixes with HCL, it converts to regular salt. There isn't enough HCL in your stomach to convert all of a 15/20/25gm dose, but it will reduce it. Therefore less SN gets passed to the small intestine where the process of actually transferring it into bloodstream starts. The stomach only prepares the food for digestion, it does not absorb it into the bloodstream. So the purpose of antacid is to help reduce that conversion so more SN moves into the small intestine. Can you be successful without antacid - yes. But seeing that it is the most simplest of the medications to get otc I don't see why you should not. If you can only get a simple solution from your pharmacy, then something is better than nothing.

This next one is particularly interesting. On Nov. 2 Stan posted a comprehensive guide to SN. He'd previously posted a working document, this one was meant to be the final version, but due to comments, he made some adjustments.

Here's why it's interesting and relevant to the guide needing to be updated for accuracy (which was not an original consideration of this thread). Stan only lists in the guide five symptoms to be expected after ingesting SN. We know now there are many more (in fact I made a list on the SN successes and failures thread of symptoms reported in success, with percentages, and there were closer to fifteen symptoms). In the second post of this thread, Stan gives his rationale for the symptoms he listed. (An alternative but potentially dissatisfying solution to altering the guide would be to create a pinned document that lists symptoms and percentages of experience, since these are anecdotal reports and therefore not verifiable.)

Question: People are talking about symptoms that you have not listed, why?

Answer: Those people may be fear mongering, the list above can been seen by searching Hypoxia on the internet.

The next two posts are the most relevant in this comment. Unless I find something to contradict them, I won't be quoting anymore. The first one is very long and I recommend reading all of it, though I've put certain parts in bold. Stan explains why he wrote the guide, how he came up with the information, and how meto works for the method, which is not significant. In the second quote, he explains why he never committed to meto as being a necessary part of the regimen -- whether he was correct or in error, I believe this provides sufficient information to clear up the conflicting text in the guide. I'll work on an edit and submit it in this thread for review.

So thanks to those who have said nice things regarding the original post, means a lot. Thanks to those who help to make the next version clearer and more understandable, over the next few days I will make a new updated first post with those inclusions/changes in there and ask the mods to delete this one eventually as not to confuse people with two versions in flight at the same time.

So let me explain how I came to the op. The PPH (specifically in the SN method to me is seemingly designed for those with physical ailments and are not on a cocktail of drugs to assist with their MH issues. A lot of posts here show quite rightly individuals looking at the regimen and highlight concerns with regard to adverse effects with their ongoing treatment. Especially in the areas of meto and acid regulators. In the past I came up with a crazy idea or two on how to get the SN into your system, and then my further research discounted them. So this is the approach I took to how the oral intake of SN could be done specifically for that profile of person. I got a clean piece of paper and started to track (with 100% help from the internet) the journey of SN from the mouth to the point SN entered the blood stream and all the metabolic processes that the body employs to remove toxins. Also the effect that SN has on our physiology to see if anything can enhance the process in either speed or efficiency. Doing that, I then cross referenced the PPH suggested regimen to understand what component works for what part of the digestive process. Hopefully some people would have noticed that through my research I said that SN is not a practical solution for those that suffer ulcers anywhere in their digestive tract based on this research. That is not in the PPH!

So I am going to go through the 'Sesame Street' version of human digestion so you get closer to why I suggested the above. So you drink the SN, it hits your mouth, nothing there to be seen or done for digestion. Goes down the gullet, meets a sphincter that controls both the entry of food into the stomach and stops gastric juices coming up which will give pain if allowed to do so. Then it hits the stomach. The stomach itself does nothing to send nutrients into the bloodstream. Its a big grinding machine that infuses the 'food' with enzymes and acid to help break down the food into a mush before the sphincter at the bottom end of your stomach allows passage into the small intestine.

Ok - so what is this gastric juices? Well there are a lot of enzymes and this thing called Hydrochloric Acid. A chemical! Interesting! What does that mean? Chemical formula for SN meeting your gastric juices would be 3NaNO2 + 2HCl → 2NaCl + NaNO3 + 2NO + H2O. Still lost me! Can you speak English please? So basically, when SN hits your stomach, the acid there works to convert it into other things such as regular table salt, Nitric oxide, Sodium Nitrate and water. None of those are really what you want. So reducing the HCL prevents SN being converted to something else? Yes, correct. Well how do we minimise this? It needs something to neutralise the HCL acid. More commonly you want to create a chemical reaction like this, Mg(OH)2(s) + 2HCl(aq) → 2H2O(l) + MgCl2(aq). You are at it again Stan! Speak English damn you! OK - what you need is an antacid with magnesium hydroxide in it. Why do you recommend that one over others? Well there are a number of other alkali that neutralise stomach acid, but this is the most benign on the list and has minimal to no conflict with other medications. It is generally known as Milk of Magnesia. Where do you find that? Any regular pharmacy without prescription. Can I use other non prescription antacid? Yes you can, I just stated Milk of Magnesia as it was the easiest when looking at some other drug interactions. But most are simple and cause no adverse effects.

So the SN is in our stomach, but you said that's not the place where the SN moves into the bloodstream. That's correct!
Two main sphincters in the stomach, the one at the top already addressed and the one at the bottom which controls the movement into the small intestine where the nutrients (or SN in this case) transfers (and I am over simplifying this) into the bloodstream. Ah! So using meto is vital because it moves things faster into the small intestine? No! If you think that the reason Meto exists is for people who have conditions such as Gastroparesis where they cannot pass food very well. The key word here is food. What we are doing if we have followed the fasting process is give the stomach water. Yes, the SN is suspended in water but the stomach isn't a complex lab where it tests everything before it passes it through. But it does recognises two things. One that it is water and the body craves hydration so it will give that substance a priority pass to move to the small intestine. Secondly, the stomach does not need to mash it up to make it easier for the small intestine to cope with.

So what does that mean in conclusion? This is up for your debate and I take no offence in challenges, rebukes or proof that it is wrong. After all, this is a resource to help everyone pass peacefully with minimum stress and discomfort. Remember my premise for investigating this was that people understood that some of the regimen drugs recommended where in conflict with their existing prescription. Plus my personal opinion that the PPH has over-baked the regimen to reach the end goal (preparing yourself physically to ingest the SN).

Regimen DrugObjective of DrugAlternative view
Metoclopramideantiemetic

Moves food quicker into small intestine
If you have followed the fast. The natural human digestive process will move the liquid quickly into the small intestine to help the body hydrate.

With this fact out of the way, you could then look for an antiemetic that does not conflict with your existing meds (as long as it it the right type)
RanitidineReduce stomach acid over a period of timeA drug that will reduce stomach acid but may also have serious interactions with other meds. The goal is to reduce the HCL in the stomach and the same goal can be reached by taking a stat dose of Milk of magnesia.

[...]Question 3. Nausea for me regarding SN is such a voodoo subject because there are obvious causes for it such as taste and stomach saying "no thanks". But then that does not tally up with medical reports on people passing through accidental exposure. I personally believe the power of the mind is understated when we talk about this. I wish I had a hard, solid scientific answer as I know it is the biggest concern for people, but I don't. people who have taken Meto report vomiting so it is not a guarantee

^
I note that Stan died about three weeks before I joined the forum, and I'd forgotten that for at least my first couple months here, people commonly commented that vomiting may be due to the power of the mind. I always had an internal knee-jerk reaction to that. It felt to me, right or wrong, like a doctor saying something is in a patient's mind, that is, psychosomatic, when there is in fact a physical cause. I've noticed that the popular narrative then changed to meto targeting certain receptors that diphenhydramine (Benadryl) would not, and I'm not sure with what member(s) that originated, I only recall those who seemed to be the most informed about it, and I believe it's addressed in @Quarky00's pinned SN Resource thread. After Stan, Quarky00 did his own research became the forum SN expert. Now the popular narrative on the forum is that meto is a must, and vomiting is a common cause of method failure (which I said in a comment on this thread I may research anecdotes to either prove it or debunk it).

Summary/enhanced perspectives:

I think the confusing text in the Guide regarding meto can be edited to clarify Stan's intention. I'll work on that and post here.

Stan's stance was that meto is not necessary. That doesn't mean it's accurate, only that it was his consistent stance.

I believe the SN symptoms listed in the guide should be updated, whether in the guide or a pinned resource for reference. The list of five symptoms came from Stan's Internet research on hypoxia, and I believe we have more accurate information now. I do not believe this list sets up a reasonable expectation. (This wasn't an intention for the thread but came up as I was researching his posts about meto, and vomiting is both a symptom and part of the purpose of this thread.)

Stan's purpose for researching the regimen and tweaking it are explained in the second to last quote. As we know, he wasn't a doctor or a scientist, but someone who was good at researching and digging up information; he called himself a factoid hunter for a reason. He was imperfect, and not all of the information he gathered is conclusive or necessarily accurate. So the guide is exactly that, a guide, not the Bible, any more than the PPH is the Bible.

In comparison, PN is also imperfect but is a doctor; regularly changes doses, alters the protocol, changes ratings, etc.; he doesn't explain his rationale for the elements of the method nor changes; which Stan did; and he doesn't "stand on the shoulders of giants" and list the sources for his rationale, nor did Stan. As a doctor and researcher, PN knows what makes a medical text credible, while I don't know Stan's academic background or career and whether he would have known that references are important for the credibility of both the author and the text. An author's credibility and status can lower or elevate opionions about the text's potential credibility. Stan enjoys a high status of respect on the forum, which I believe has influenced the reception of the guide. PN is a doctor, which influences he reception of the PPH by laypeople and non-academics.

• Love
Reactions: deflationary, auniqueusername669, WinterFaust and 7 others
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
I personally don't think they are. I knew someone that just had SN and passed away without any of the recommended meds and have read about other successful deaths without anything else but the SN as well.

My method of choice is SN...if and when I decided to use it. I'm a very by the book type of gal and would like to use Meto to curb any unease I have about the process, but it is incredibly difficult to obtain. I know there's other alternatives to use, but then it becomes a question of how alternative AEs interact with SN and it just becomes messy.

I honestly think the most successful way to ctb without meto is to make multiple backup doses. You should do that even with an AE.

I guess it's a personal choice. I personally think that you have just as much of a chance to successfully ctb without anything other than SN as you would with all the required meds. It's also been noted many times that people still vomit with the meto or any other AE.

Reactions: Cantbereal and Lost in a Dream
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I guess it's a personal choice. I personally think that you have just as much of a chance to successfully ctb without anything other than SN as you would with all the required meds. It's also been noted many times that people still vomit with the meto or any other AE.

Personally, for my own self and not to influence anyone else, I agree with you.

I honestly think the most successful way to ctb without meto is to make multiple backup doses. You should do that even with an AE.

I find this interesting. I noted in my last comment that the forum goes through stages of popular opinions, and this is a current one.

In the past until now, the majority of people reported planning backup doses as part of their regimen. But until a couple months ago at most, I think only one member had the fortitude to take a backup dose after vomiting. Now I think two or three more people have done it, though I'd have to review all the threads to be certain about either of my claims here.

It seems to me that the current strong insistence on backup doses and the claims that vomiting is a common cause of failure came up together. It's one of those things where I feel like strong opinion is based on popular opinion but not research. I feel, perhaps inaccurately, that there's a sense of certainty, almost like some are certain about god (I used to have that certainty), so my guard is up about it.

After Stan died, there was a nearly cult-like phase that elevated Stan, the guide, and the method, and questioning often yielded some strong rejection. There was a longer phase that was concurrent with and outlasted past the cult-like phase, in which there was a propensity for wanting the method to be as peaceful as N and really clinging to it being so; then enough anecdotal accounts overrode that, and it became rationally and popularly questionable that there is no suffering. Now, questioning and doubting is en vogue, like a pendulum swing, where the tendency is to knock down the method, and those who defend it are sometimes accused of clinging wanting to believe just as I used to accuse (because I'm a hipster, I did it before it was cool, and now I'm so bored. :pfff:) Still, I would prefer the latter to the former. The only thing that seriously troubles me is misinformation, hence my motivation to make the effort to either confirm or debunk popular claims and recommendations.

I was skeptical when I joined the forum, and now that I've seen so many cycles of popular opinions, I feel validated in my effort to remain skeptical in spite of desires or feelings of "rightness." But I also have become aware since starting this thread that I parrot things, too, and felt right about it, like a child parroting their parents' opinions without personal knowledge or experience. Sometimes the things that bother me the most are things I'm not aware I do as well.

would like to use Meto to curb any unease I have about the process, but it is incredibly difficult to obtain. I know there's other alternatives to use, but then it becomes a question of how alternative AEs interact with SN and it just becomes messy.

I have to wonder how important that is. I say that because taking SN at a high dose is going to quickly flood one's system and cause methemoglobinemia and hypoxia. This is just speculation, but I'm having a hard time imagining that an AE would be a major antagonist to that process, at worst causing things to slow down by a few minutes. If it's not too messy, I would consider using the drug interaction checker to see how the medicine interacts with SN and any other medications, and check online to see if it has any impact on methemoglobinemia. Do you have any thoughts?

EDIT: @krsu just recently started a thread about AE alternatives, there might be some helpful information there.

Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Did Stan not think it was worth taking 800mg of Propranalol? He only mentions taking a small dose to prevent tachycardia.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Did Stan not think it was worth taking 800mg of Propranalol? He only mentions taking a small dose to prevent tachycardia.

I suggest searching "propanlol" with Stan as the member, you should be able to quickly find his opinion about it.

feast or famine

feast or famine

Jun 15, 2020
Personally, for my own self and not to influence anyone else, I agree with you.

I find this interesting. I noted in my last comment that the forum goes through stages of popular opinions, and this is a current one.

In the past until now, the majority of people reported planning backup doses as part of their regimen. But until a couple months ago at most, I think only one member had the fortitude to take a backup dose after vomiting. Now I think two or three more people have done it, though I'd have to review all the threads to be certain about either of my claims here.

It seems to me that the current strong insistence on backup doses and the claims that vomiting is a common cause of failure came up together. It's one of those things where I feel like strong opinion is based on popular opinion but not research. I feel, perhaps inaccurately, that there's a sense of certainty, almost like some are certain about god (I used to have that certainty), so my guard is up about it.

After Stan died, there was a nearly cult-like phase that elevated Stan, the guide, and the method, and questioning often yielded some strong rejection. There was a longer phase that was concurrent with and outlasted past the cult-like phase, in which there was a propensity for wanting the method to be as peaceful as N and really clinging to it being so; then enough anecdotal accounts overrode that, and it became rationally and popularly questionable that there is no suffering. Now, questioning and doubting is en vogue, like a pendulum swing, where the tendency is to knock down the method, and those who defend it are sometimes accused of clinging wanting to believe just as I used to accuse (because I'm a hipster, I did it before it was cool, and now I'm so bored. :pfff:) Still, I would prefer the latter to the former. The only thing that seriously troubles me is misinformation, hence my motivation to make the effort to either confirm or debunk popular claims and recommendations.

I was skeptical when I joined the forum, and now that I've seen so many cycles of popular opinions, I feel validated in my effort to remain skeptical in spite of desires or feelings of "rightness." But I also have become aware since starting this thread that I parrot things, too, and felt right about it, like a child parroting their parents' opinions without personal knowledge or experience. Sometimes the things that bother me the most are things I'm not aware I do as well.

I have to wonder how important that is. I say that because taking SN at a high dose is going to quickly flood one's system and cause methemoglobinemia and hypoxia. This is just speculation, but I'm having a hard time imagining that an AE would be a major antagonist to that process, at worst causing things to slow down by a few minutes. If it's not too messy, I would consider using the drug interaction checker to see how the medicine interacts with SN and any other medications, and check online to see if it has any impact on methemoglobinemia. Do you have any thoughts?

EDIT: @krsu just recently started a thread about AE alternatives, there might be some helpful information there.

Do you know if the members who didn't redose were successful with ctb? I've read the successes and failures section, but I can't recall. In your opinion, do you think that making backups is necessary? I guess even if you vomit, you're still likely to have SN in your system, but is it enough to kill you with taking another dose? I suppose there's not a tangible way to quantify how much SN would be left in your system after having thrown up and without redosing. It really is hard to say because the people that have been successful can't come back here to share everything in full detail.

Once I joined this forum, I definitely got the vibe of a cult like following with the guide. I think his guide is helpful, informative, and he clearly did his diligent research. However, it's not wrong to question it, nor tweak any parts of it if someone think it's necessary to for their own benefit. It isn't the word of god, no matter if others want to think that it is.

I like that you mention the part that I bolded. I can't imagine that there would be a great difference in meto vs any other AE and how they interact with the SN. I guess I tend to fixate on certain things and go to the extent of analyzing them far too much, but maybe in regards to your own suicide, it's better to be safe than sorry :pfff:. That's why I've also thought to myself how important is an antacid in this process as well? Because the antacid is used for absorption purposes, correct? One would think that since SN is literal poison, your body is going to absorb that just fine. And by just fine, I mean that it's going to get into your blood stream quickly and you're going to feel the effects of it because again, it's poison. So I think you raise a good point by pointing out that an alternative AE may not be much different, or any different at all.

So when it comes down to it, I'm still under the belief that AEs and antacids aren't absolutely necessary when it comes to a successful suicide with SN. I consider them to be recommended for many reasons, but not required.

Reactions: reggiesaurus
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Do you know if the members who didn't redose were successful with ctb?

The vast majority of successes did not report redosing.

Until recently, the folks who vomited still succeeded as long as they didn't receive medical intervention and as long as they took over 17g with 100ml or less of water.

I don't know what's been happening lately that the consensus is that vomiting causes failure. I can only speculate, such that that people who vomited and subsequently failed did not report, or that fake accounts were created to cause either fearmongering or false confidence, or...?It's just very odd that after the forum being up for two years, this is now a thing.

I guess I tend to fixate on certain things and go to the extent of analyzing them far too much, but maybe in regards to your own suicide, it's better to be safe than sorry :pfff:. That's why I've also thought to myself how important is an antacid in this process as well? Because the antacid is used for absorption purposes, correct? One would think that since SN is literal poison, your body is going to absorb that just fine. And by just fine, I mean that it's going to get into your blood stream quickly and you're going to feel the effects of it because again, it's poison.

Yup, it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. That's why I remain skeptical and try to do as much research as I can. Often, it's more my analytical skills that come into play, where I recognize inconsistencies or logical fallacies or persuasive rhetoric, which sends up a signal that I need to doubt and, if I can, research, or at least question.

As far as the SN absorbing, I could answer it because I just read it, but instead I recommend you go to my long comment I posted today and see the quotes that follow where I used purple text. The first quote gives the explanation about absorption. If you were correct, I wouldn't direct you to it. You're partially correct, though. :)

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I'm glad you brought this up :) I don't believe it is required.

I'm pretty sure everyone who takes it will be sick? wouldn't a person be sick if they ingest any type of salt??(i don't know 100% sure but from what i know about salty water it makes you sick).

One of the latest threads,I'm sure you read it aswell @GoodPersonEffed. the person took a substantial amount less than recommended dose of SN,no anti emetic and if they hadn't been FOUND i'm pretty sure would of CTB.

AS long as you have more SN,ready for if sick(guaranteed IMO anti e or not) you will CTB.

I haven't seen a post where someone has been sick straight away. its usually after about 7mins or so, i imagine your body already absorbed quite alot by then.when you take a substantial amount anyway ,not the ones who used a bit on their fish and chips for the crack

feast or famine

feast or famine

Jun 15, 2020
The vast majority of successes did not report redosing.

Until recently, the folks who vomited still succeeded as long as they didn't receive medical intervention and as long as they took over 17g with 100ml or less of water.

I don't know what's been happening lately that the consensus is that vomiting causes failure. I can only speculate, such that that people who vomited and subsequently failed did not report, or that fake accounts were created to cause either fearmongering or false confidence, or...?It's just very odd that after the forum being up for two years, this is now a thing.

Yup, it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. That's why I remain skeptical and try to do as much research as I can. Often, it's more my analytical skills that come into play, where I recognize inconsistencies or logical fallacies or persuasive rhetoric, which sends up a signal that I need to doubt and, if I can, research, or at least question.

As far as the SN absorbing, I could answer it because I just read it, but instead I recommend you go to my long comment I posted today and see the quotes that follow where I used purple text. The first quote gives the explanation about absorption. If you were correct, I wouldn't direct you to it. You're partially correct, though. :)
The more information I have, the better. I'll check that out, thanks. Who knew that there is so much to consider with SN. I guess you'd mostly assume that hey, poison kills, easy enough. But there's a lot that goes into it. If I never go through with the SN method, at least I'll know everything there is to know about Sodium Nitrite and how it can kill humans. When that would ever come in handy aside from this, who knows. :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I haven't seen a post where someone has been sick straight away. its usually after about 7mins or so, i imagine your body already absorbed quite alot by then.when you take a substantial amount anyway ,

I have seen one post where someone was almost immediately sick, that was the one that was banned for an alt account.

I just read in the past couple days that someone who failed said they vomited within a few minutes.

I can't recall if there were others.

What's been reported in the past is that if someone held the SN down for several minutes, then enough was in their system to succeed unless they were interrupted or sought help. That's been the common narrative for as long as I've been a member, until just recently.

Thanks for the laughs!

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
No, neither are essential to SN working. An acid reducing agent, even a simple antacid is so ubiquitous, I can't imagine why one wouldn't use them. By far, the most important factor would be to reduce the time in the stomach, as SN is acid liable, and this means fasting and an empty stomach. Various studies have been conducted on transit speed out of the stomach and into the duodenum (where SN is absorbed). The simplest numbers I can give are that for a studied volume, 50% of the liquid is out of the stomach in 10 minutes. Numbers vary slightly depending on volume or osmolality and in studies with radiopaque isotopes, but it's a fair estimate

as with an N overdose, individuals will die with N or SN in their stomach, unabsorbed. Said another way, parenteral dosing of either could be much lower than oral dosing. The reason such large doses are given is to ensure speed. Should the dose of SN be reduced? Definitely not, but this is why even with vomiting, people succeed.

I'm almost loathe to talk about antiemtics but will highlight a few points. If prokinetic antiemetics are available, then use them. Likewise if ondansetron is available as well, use it. If only zofran is available, then use it. Vomiting has both a central and peripheral mechanism, and the seratinergic and dopaminergic antiemetics function at different receptors. The heavy preference for meto vs zofran is, in large part, regional/national. I've posted several times on why the advice to test meto is horrible and should be stopped and won't repeat it here

it seems the majority (vast majority?) will vomit with or without antiemetics. Redosing can overcome this. Likewise, I say this is why antiemetics are categorically not "essential." Stand guide is generally excellent and was put together to help others. I suspect in part it emparts a sense of control on behalf of those who follow it. Is everything in it essential? Of course not. Some of the items, such as a recommendation to take ibuprofen or Tylenol likely will have ZERO impact on discomfort or headache. However, if people feel they help, then it is a positive and a benefit to take.

bottom line, the essentials for SN are fasting, sn, and possibly redosing in cases where vomitting occurs very quickly.

• Love
Reactions: auniqueusername669, tidalwxves and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
What's been reported in the past is that if someone held the SN down for several minutes, then enough was in their system to succeed unless they were interrupted or sought help. That's been the common narrative for as long as I've been a member, until just recently.

this is what i believe.it makes sense, the longer its in your system the more likely you CTB.

so if you have like a few cups ready you can redose! obviously if you are sick straight away not much will get into your system.

have you seen a case where anyone wasn't sick???? I haven't

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
have you seen a case where anyone wasn't sick???? I haven't

I have. Months ago, I read through the google document in the SN successes and failures thread multiple times. Of the successes (I think 13 at the time), I posted in a comment all of the symptoms members experienced, and I calculated the percentage for each one. No symptom was at 100% or close to it.

Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
No, neither are essential to SN working. An acid reducing agent, even a simple antacid is so ubiquitous, I can't imagine why one wouldn't use them. By far, the most important factor would be to reduce the time in the stomach, as SN is acid liable, and this means fasting and an empty stomach. Various studies have been conducted on transit speed out of the stomach and into the duodenum (where SN is absorbed). The simplest numbers I can give are that for a studied volume, 50% of the liquid is out of the stomach in 10 minutes. Numbers vary slightly depending on volume or osmolality and in studies with radiopaque isotopes, but it's a fair estimate

as with an N overdose, individuals will die with N or SN in their stomach, unabsorbed. Said another way, parenteral dosing of either could be much lower than oral dosing. The reason such large doses are given is to ensure speed. Should the dose of SN be reduced? Definitely not, but this is why even with vomiting, people succeed.

I'm almost loathe to talk about antiemtics but will highlight a few points. If prokinetic antiemetics are available, then use them. Likewise if ondansetron is available as well, use it. If only zofran is available, then use it. Vomiting has both a central and peripheral mechanism, and the seratinergic and dopaminergic antiemetics function at different receptors. The heavy preference for meto vs zofran is, in large part, regional/national. I've posted several times on why the advice to test meto is horrible and should be stopped and won't repeat it here

it seems the majority (vast majority?) will vomit with or without antiemetics. Redosing can overcome this. Likewise, I say this is why antiemetics are categorically not "essential." Stand guide is generally excellent and was put together to help others. I suspect in part it emparts a sense of control on behalf of those who follow it. Is everything in it essential? Of course not. Some of the items, such as a recommendation to take ibuprofen or Tylenol likely will have ZERO impact on discomfort or headache. However, if people feel they help, then it is a positive and a benefit to take.

bottom line, the essentials for SN are fasting, sn, and possibly redosing in cases where vomitting occurs very quickly.

and not being found,!!! a recent post.they only took 15g, no anti -e, were sick and i think if they were not found would of CTB
I have. Months ago, I read through the google document in the SN successes and failures thread multiple times. Of the successes (I think 13 at the time), I posted in a comment all of the symptoms members experienced, and I calculated the percentage for each one. No symptom was at 100% or close to it.

The problem we have is that everyone is different and there are alot of factors involved.

Is the SN legit?
are anti-e legit?

there's things we don't know for sure. Also some attempts can be questionable, and some alot more believable.

Last edited:
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Neither are essential in achieving death with SN. The only thing you need, from what I've been able to ascertain through research, is the sodium nitrite itself. However, without the AE and the antacids, a person may be more likely vomit up the SN, thus increasing the risk of not absorbing enough of it into the body to lead to death.

Reactions: icanhasnick and esse_est_percipi
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I have a favor to ask!

Would someone be willing to open the google document on the SN successes and failures thread and give me a list of all the usernames for both successes and failures?

I can no longer easily open the document.

I don't need any details, just name, date if listed, and whether their attempt was successful or failed. Actually, I do need one more detail, if any or all of the account was in chat rather than a thread. I want to read the accounts for myself rather than what was transferred to the document.