Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Whilst walking in the street, I accidently stumbled across my neighbour by his trash bin. He was struggling to lift the lid. He was standing there with his diapers in full show to the public, with his trousers around his ankles. I recall this man once being a man of great self -respect, now reduced to a pitiful, barely functioning human. The ravages of old age and dementia. My friend said he is probably happy in his world and i like to think thats true. For me perhaps, a reminder that I won't be seeing old age and the frailty, dementia, soiled pants and dysfunctional mind and body. I would be terrified to know I would end up like that without any sense of self respect and dignity. I only hope that when this disease is done with me, my cessation of life is quick.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ihatemylife, dialogos, Myexit and 17 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thought of old age disturbs me so much, it's truly horrific how there's unlimited potential to be tortured endlessly in this existence which is a reason why it's so inhumane how we cannot just leave in peace, I could never wish to decay from age and die a slow, painful death no matter the circumstances.

• Aww..
Reactions: ihatemylife, dialogos, TheGoodGuy and 3 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I've witnessed it first hand and it can be quite traumatizing to see someone in such a state of heightened emotions, most commonly terror.
They just don't understand, and as if their adrenaline is pumping. They get drugged up and really suffer mentally and physically.
I'm sure glad I'll be dead , hoping, but I worry of getting hit by a car and due to my chronic alcoholism I worry about early onset dementia. Hard to know whats just idle brain thinking habits due to years of being prepared to die due to chronic health conditions and no hope.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, Myexit, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Indeed, it's a cruel disease! The modern world insists on prolonging life, and for what purpose? So you can slowly fade away and die with indignity? Humans were never meant to live so long and life is becoming more and more 'unnatural'.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: ihatemylife, Joarga, Zegers and 4 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I've witnessed it first hand and it can be quite traumatizing to see someone in such a state of heightened emotions, most commonly terror.
They just don't understand, and as if their adrenaline is pumping. They get drugged up and really suffer mentally and physically.
I'm sure glad I'll be dead , hoping, but I worry of getting hit by a car and due to my chronic alcoholism I worry about early onset dementia. Hard to know whats just idle brain thinking habits due to years of being prepared to die due to chronic health conditions and no hope.
Horrendous and to think, many organisations are profiteering on this. In the UK too, i often read about the abuse that some residents have endured before they die. I hope legal assistance becomes lawful in UK it would take so much fear away for me and my would be assistant.
Indeed, it's a cruel disease! The modern world insists on prolonging life and for what purpose I ask? So you can slowly fade away and die with indignity? Humans were never meant to live so long, but then again, life is becoming more and more unnatural across the board.
Agreed.
The thought of old age disturbs me so much, it's truly horrific how there's unlimited potential to be tortured endlessly in this existence which is a reason why it's so inhumane how we cannot just leave in peace, I could never wish to decay from age and die a slow, painful death no matter the circumstances.
The thought is terrifying!. My father had early onset dementia, attributed to earlier treatment to cure something else. He escaped the care home placement and attempted suicide in front of a lorry. He survived and died alone in this facility.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, Myexit, Joarga and 3 others
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Indeed, it's a cruel disease! The modern world insists on prolonging life, and for what purpose? So you can slowly fade away and die with indignity? Humans were never meant to live so long and life is becoming more and more 'unnatural'.
100 % agree. Quality of life, not quantity. I feel like that used to be more in focus, but has fallen out for some reason.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Rational man, Myexit, CW36 and 1 other person
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
My Mum has it, it is not good. She is 92

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
It runs in my family, and it's horrible to see someone you love slowly forget who they are. If I make it to old age I'll definitely end it before it develops too far. I want to die as myself.
I also hope they are able to find a cure or some way to slow down the development significantly, I don't want to see anymore people suffer with this horrible condition. Well wishes to your neighbor </3

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
S

SN drinker

Aug 13, 2023
Whilst walking in the street, I accidently stumbled across my neighbour by his trash bin. He was struggling to lift the lid. He was standing there with his diapers in full show to the public, with his trousers around his ankles. I recall this man once being a man of great self -respect, now reduced to a pitiful, barely functioning human. The ravages of old age and dementia. My friend said he is probably happy in his world and i like to think thats true. For me perhaps, a reminder that I won't be seeing old age and the frailty, dementia, soiled pants and dysfunctional mind and body. I would be terrified to know I would end up like that without any sense of self respect and dignity. I only hope that when this disease is done with me, my cessation of life is quick.
He's gonna be a money machine that will live a long & unnatural life. Think about the nurses that will wash him everyday. The doctors(pharma) that will sell him pills. The surgeons that will lay him the tubes to feed him and let him breah. And yeah, I feel like an asshole writing that

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man, conarc and Myexit
M

Myexit

Aug 4, 2023
He's gonna be a money machine that will live a long & unnatural life. Think about the nurses that will wash him everyday. The doctors(pharma) that will sell him pills. The surgeons that will lay him the tubes to feed him and let him breah. And yeah, I feel like an asshole writing that
So true what you said, nothing more than a "money machine"
I'm terrified of getting any older than my current age 55. I have several conditions including a breast cancer diagnosis last year, had surgery but turned down radiotherapy as I don't care if it spreads and kills me. Hopefully sooner he better.
I just want out of this crazy shit world

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: ihatemylife and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Yes, i see ambulances and nurses turn up often. Many people in UK rely on state -care and to be honest the service can be patchy or unreliable due to resources. Theres alot of old people in my road and most seem ill in some way. The human body is not designed to live forevermore and yet, some people in their 90s endure awful procedures to prolong life. We all die in the end because we are no different to any other living creature. I just hope I die quickly and without needless pain.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It runs in my family, and it's horrible to see someone you love slowly forget who they are. If I make it to old age I'll definitely end it before it develops too far. I want to die as myself.
I also hope they are able to find a cure or some way to slow down the development significantly, I don't want to see anymore people suffer with this horrible condition. Well wishes to your neighbor </3
Dementia is one of the leading causes of Death. they suffer for years , forgetting who they are ,becoming "someone" else and die tortured to death. So odds are most people are going to get dementia in old age if they allow themselves to become old . . imo just for that reason it's completely irrational to want to grow old . but of course in this evil upsidedown world they have most humans wanting to grow old , yearning for the so-called golden years .But they say I'm crazy for saying this. and they say suicidal people are crazy . it's not just dementia but many other horrors of old age cancer, stroke , falling , fragile bones, arthritis on and on.

Sure if someone wants to be old and risk all that and feel constant pain then they should be alllowed. I don't care what others do . we all will die anyway

They made assisted suicide illegal a crime. and made nembutal illegal. So nobody even people 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 years old have a way to exit this hell ever.

Another thing that dementia shows is that the brain is a machine. the demented person becomes someone else. so there is no constant self no soul. there is no soul to create a self mind consoiusness intelligence sentience etc. no all that is solely created by the brain.if the brain machine gets damaged by dementia, alshiemers, stroke, acckdent then the person changes into someone else showing the brain is what determines the personality self mind thinking as all those change in dementia a disease of the brain.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: ihatemylife, Myexit, Rational man and 1 other person