• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
How likely is it that someone could hack your account/computer through your SS profile?
I've recently received an email saying that someone tried to use my password to access my gmail account, from a suspicious device half way around the world.
I'm worried I'm going to have to delete my account and leave this site.
I have nothing to hide, but I already have enough stress in my life.
Any thoughts/advice?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: falloutcarter13, mooncake and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I had a stalker try and hack into my FB in the past.
Best thing is to change passwords and perhaps the mail too, that this account is linked to.
I know it's a pain to do that stuff at times, but security matters.

Reactions: falloutcarter13 and esse_est_percipi
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
It sucks to lose your "Master" status (:pfff:) but if you're really worried and you want to stick around SS, make a new account with a protonmail account and use a vpn to access the site. Windscribe is my fav. But keep in mind, no matter what you say on this site, worst case scenario is someone questions you about your mental health. You tell them you don't know anything. They push, you keep saying "I know nothing." They can't do anything about it or against you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, esse_est_percipi and Deleted member 19276
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It sucks to lose your "Master" status (:pfff:) but if you're really worried and you want to stick around SS, make a new account with a protonmail account and use a vpn to access the site. Windscribe is my fav. But keep in mind, no matter what you say on this site, worst case scenario is someone questions you about your mental health. You tell them you don't know anything. They push, you keep saying "I know nothing." They can't do anything about it or against you.
I might do that, thanks.
I just thought it was weird that I received an email saying someone tried to access my email using my password, from somewhere in east asia (??)
Never happened to me before. Might have nothing to do with SS though.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I might do that, thanks.
I just thought it was weird that I received an email saying someone tried to access my email using my password, from somewhere in east asia (??)
Never happened to me before. Might have nothing to do with SS though.
Jesus, something like that happened with my dad's mail once. Same thing - Someone from Asia trying to log in. It's weird, I swear!

• Wow
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Honestly I don't even bother with a vpn most of the time anymore. If I got a knock for a welfare check by some infinitesimal odds, what can they do if I say I'm just online playing a sick game and not a danger to myself? I can't see any scenario where they could do anything to me. And I'm terrified of cops, mental health professionals, jails and institutions. If I thought there was even a chance that my online activity could get me sectioned, I wouldn't be here at all lol

• Love
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Deleted member 19276