D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Anyone got any idea of how to secure cylinders to a wall without Drilling or Welding?

Last edited:
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
i shouldn't think there is only other option is a stand

Attachments

• gas-cylinder-stand-p7804-9409_medium.jpg
    gas-cylinder-stand-p7804-9409_medium.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 9
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Using this, don't you think if a cylinder falls, the valve could get damaged?
How would it fall ? my brother has a pub and there are lots of them free standing in the cellar , none have ever fallen over or been knocked over

Last edited:
Reactions: Superfluous
D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
How would it fall ? my brother has a pub and there are lots of them free standing in the cellar , none have ever fallen over or been knocked over

Like if I knock it over while not being fully conscious during the middle of the act? I'm just think about worst case scenarios. What do you think?

And do you have a link from where I can buy these for a C Size(Aus) Cylinder

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Like if I knock it over while not being fully conscious during the middle of the act? I'm just think about worst case scenarios. What do you think?

And do you have a link from where I can buy these for a C Size(Aus) Cylinder
Ah right , size c isnt very big cant you just lay it down and wrap it in a blanket?

D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Ah right , size c isnt very big cant you just lay it down and wrap it in a blanket?

By lying down, do you mean store it horizontally with it covered between layers of blanket?

Reactions: marcusuk63 and Superfluous
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Using an inert gas cylinder on its side, say lying on the floor beside you, should be fine. Most true gas cylinders should be fine, in fact --consider that scuba divers are using air tanks trapped to their backs, most often in a horizontal position.

The reason some people say, "oh, NEVER use a tank on its side!" is because there are two common types that you must not use horizontally: propane and acetylene. This is because both of those gasses are stored in liquid form; the one as liquefied propane and the other in solution, in acetone. For inert gas, however, it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Superfluous, dyingispeaceful and marcusuk63
D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Using an inert gas cylinder on its side, say lying on the floor beside you, should be fine. Most true gas cylinders should be fine, in fact --consider that scuba divers are using air tanks trapped to their backs, most often in a horizontal position.

The reason some people say, "oh, NEVER use a tank on its side!" is because there are two common types that you must not use horizontally: propane and acetylene. This is because both of those gasses are stored in liquid form; the one as liquefied propane and the other in solution, in acetone. For inert gas, however, it shouldn't be a problem.

That explanation makes a lot of sense. I'll do some more research though. Thanks a lot.