D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
I'm intending to secure a cylinder to a wall and then catching the bus as I don't have access to a chair or a table with a straight leg.
What do you all think about this? Is it safe? I intend on using some tape to attach it to the wall. What kind of tape do you think would work best?

A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
Maybe duct tape or Gorilla tape. It might be better to place heavy objects surrounding the cylinder so that it has nowhere to fall. Is there no furniture at all in the room?

Reactions: dyingispeaceful
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Depending on what sort of flowmeter you're using, I suppose there's also the option of just lying it down so that it can't fall over. Brace it with a pillow or a wadded up towel. So long as your tubing reaches, why not?

I'm embarassed I am only now thinking of this.

• Yay!
Reactions: Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Please also check this thread:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/securing-cylinders-to-wall.15043/

Oh, it's your thread.

Edit: If you posted your question in the original thread you created, then others would have more information (cylinder size for example).

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusuk63 and ArtVandelay
D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Maybe duct tape or Gorilla tape. It might be better to place heavy objects surrounding the cylinder so that it has nowhere to fall. Is there no furniture at all in the room?
Heavy object nearby seems to be a good idea. I have a cupboard and I'll be placing the cylinder on it's side. So now, one side is leaned against the cupboard while the other is leaned against the wall.
About gorilla or duct tape, say in case I need to move the cylinder to a new location, can I remove any one of these tapes easily?

And do you think I should use a strap around a cylinder and stick the strap to the wall on both its sides with a tape or just directly use the tape around the cylinder?

Last edited:
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
About gorilla or duct tape, say in case I need to move the cylinder to a new location, can I remove any one of these tapes easily?

Easily enough, but the wall will need a new coat of paint after that.

Can you just get a rope or strap long enough to tie around the whole cupboard, and secure the cylinder with that? Duct tape is very messy to remove and I'd only recommend it as a last resort.

D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
Can you just get a rope or strap long enough to tie around the whole cupboard, and secure the cylinder with that? Duct tape is very messy to remove and I'd only recommend it as a last resort.
That would have been perfect if I never had to use the cupboard again. But unfortunately, I have to use it daily.

What do you think about using some strong removable tape to secure cylinder to the wall?

A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
That would have been perfect if I never had to use the cupboard again. But unfortunately, I have to use it daily.

What do you think about using some strong removable tape to secure cylinder to the wall?

I don't know of any strong tape that can be removed from a wall without damaging the paint. But removing the tape won't be very difficult. If you don't care about the paint, it should work fine.

D

dyingispeaceful

Aug 10, 2018
I don't know of any strong tape that can be removed from a wall without damaging the paint. But removing the tape won't be very difficult. If you don't care about the paint, it should work fine.
Oh Alright, Thank you for your advice. I assembled a table and intend to secure the cylinder onto that :)

Reactions: ArtVandelay