N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This site relies on section 230 as far as I know. I am not an American and don't know the full jurisdiction but I think the servers of this site are in the USA. I think vice told that. Both Republicans as Democrats want to change this law. It is not unlikely that there will be a reform. The prolifer groups want a passage in the law that self-harm/suicide websites should be more regulated. We have no lobby. It is not unlikely that the reform will more regulate the internet. As far as I know suicide websites are not that big of a deal on high level politics. I don't know many politicians who talk about it. Tbh I think if there was a reform of this law this would be the end of this forum. Many topics would be prohibited. I think the admins would not have the money to take servers in other countries.
We would have to hope for another suicide forum with servers in another country. I disliked the atmosphere in my last suicide forum. I would miss SS a lot.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Fragile, BlankUser, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Would never happen. A lot of big-tech would be affected and could be sued for billions of dollars because some jackass decided to spout off nonsense and someone took offense to it. It also infringes on free speech as well. Another clause that pro-lifers want is to make every online user use their real names instead of nicknames which exposes everyone in the US to hackers outside the US that would love that information.

Reactions: omoidarui
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I think the vice thing was before the site change (although i could be wrong that was a bit ago although if i wasnt on mobile and about to cook supper i could find out). Anyway this site seems to be using something that makes it more difficult to be removed from the internet so i think its safe for a while. Plus even if it is taken down in one place you can just bring it up in another, you dont actually have to be in that country.

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
From what I've read, this forum was on the deep web before it went public to clearnet. If the government tried to ban this forum, I hope that this forum is still online somewhere in the internet.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
From what I've read, this forum was on the deep web before it went public to clearnet. If the government tried to ban this forum, I hope that this forum is still online somewhere in the internet.
I thought it was a subbredit?