chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
This might sound complicated, but maybe it's possible. Just doing some research.

Don't have a fixed address (travelling). Do you think it's possible to get the required equipment?

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yes, Scuba equipment is very easy to buy because of the availability of it and the fact that it is completely legal. The inert gas that you intend to use may be hard to come across online but there are many places that sell them so that won't be much of a problem either.

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Thank you for the reply, most appreciated.

I want to leave this world myself alone in a peaceful way.

From the megathread I can see 4 things are required:

1. The 5 litre gas (helium or nitrogen)
  2. Cylinder adapter (to connect to regulator)
  3. Regulator
  4. Full face diving mask
Because im travelling around I was thinking of buying the adapter, regulator and diving mask first.

Do you think it's okay to check those into a luggage on domestic flights? because I'm going between cities.

You're right the gas is last item, because harder to find and can't put it on a flight. So last step?

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
The adpater depends on the gas cylinder and on the inert gas (helium or nitrogen) you want to use.
The threaded connections are different in many countries and also the pressure. This makes it difficult to get the right adapter in the country where you want to buy the gas cylinder. Find out now what connections the cylinders have in the countries you will be in and if the dealers sell to private individuales. But of course you can buy the mask and regulator (with DIN connection) now and you can check those into a luggage on any flights.

If you are in Europe, buy the mask and regulator in Europe, because they cost a lot more in other countries. Also the adapter is easy to get in Europe.
Do you want to use the rubber mask or the OceanReef equipment ?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead
chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Thank you @befree! I really appreciate all your research on the megathread

You are right. I need to understand first about the tanks.

The bad news is that I've spent hours searching for both helium and nitrogen tanks on google (Philippines suppliers).

I'm sure it must exist here, just maybe it's not something easily advertised online.

I feel like crying so bad right now.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I will be so grateful.

Reactions: DeadHead
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Ok you live there. I thought you want to travel to the Ph.

Don´t use only google.com. Use also other websites such as startpage.com or duckduckgo.com and use the yellowpages.
I know it´s difficult in some countries. If you would live in Europe, everything is easy to get. Especially the EU is a shopping paradise for everything you need to CTB.

Maybe you should post a question where to get inert gas in philippines in the SCUBA megathread or exit bag and inert gas megathread,
because more people read it.

Last edited:
chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Actually I'm just on holiday now. So in UK it's easier? Maybe I need to wait until the holiday is over?

Thank you so much for all your research knowledge.
I will add to megathread about Uk thank you.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
It´s not much easier in the UK, since the UK is not a EU country anymore. But you should ask this question in the other threads.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Actually I'm just on holiday now. So in UK it's easier? Maybe I need to wait until the holiday is over?

Thank you so much for all your research knowledge.
I will add to megathread about Uk thank you.
No it's not easy to get gas in UK. Most vendors will only sell to trade addresses. I found 1 that would ship to a residential address and then just as I was about to order, I read the small print and it said they would start legal proceedings against you if you didn't return the tank within a certain period of time ( as opposed to just keeping it indefinitely and losing your deposit). Many also don't state purity on the website and you have to email them and they generally don't respond.

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Thanks for the information. So my next thinking is to visit a country in Europe for some time and try to organise everything there, hopefully all within 30 days. Any suggestions for best country?