• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Yog Sothoth

Yog Sothoth

Oct 24, 2023
Hello,
A little while ago I have heard about some young genius girl who figured out something common in the biologie of suicidal people.
I wanted to ask here if someone does know about it because I was not able to find it back (because it is hard to find anything about suicide :p)
And I am open to any kind of other scientifical article on the matter so feel free to share your intelligence! c:

• Hugs
Reactions: Gonnerr, sserafim and DeadHead
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
Reactions: sserafim, reclaimedbynature, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Hello,

Natasha Kulviwat?
This article is insanely interesting. I wonder if, by extension, this means that suicidal people age 'faster', because of chronic inflammation being heavily associated with the development of cancer/neurological disorders?

Not that it really matters, given suicidal people are probably the first party you would think to not reach old age...

• Yay!
Reactions: noname478, FutureHanger, sserafim and 3 others
Yog Sothoth

Yog Sothoth

Oct 24, 2023
This article is insanely interesting. I wonder if, by extension, this means that suicidal people age 'faster', because of chronic inflammation being heavily associated with the development of cancer/neurological disorders?

Not that it really matters, given suicidal people are probably the first party you would think to not reach old age...
Well we know for sure that stress make you age faster from a lot of perspective, so I guess it is enough evidence to assume suicidal people to age faster.
But I am not sure if you are talking about physical age or mental age.. But I think that suicidal people are more likely to age faster in both. 'x)

Reactions: sserafim and reclaimedbynature
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Sample size of 10... But fascinating nonetheless.

Tho it's always a bit frightening what they'll do once all the brain-research is complete. Mind-control anyone? Though from the (VERY) little amount of research I've done it seemed like many things may cause proliferation of claudin-5.

Tho I kinda wonder what ppl would think of a "detector" device that can read ppl's mind and give a y/n to if their suicidal. I think it'll only cause problems as people draw conclusions, place restrictions, cast judgement, try to "help", etc, with even less of a choice for the person.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, LoiteringClouds, reclaimedbynature and 3 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Holy shit, for a tiny study done by a high schooler, this has the potential to hit mainstream psychiatry like a wrecking ball. And who wouldn't love to see that?

Chronic inflammation and the resulting breakdown of integrity in the blood-brain barrier is a well-attested phenomenon. We know it can happen to people with illnesses as diverse as cancer, diabetes, lupus, and dementia. There's even been some exploration of whether chronic inflammation plays a role in depression as well.

As far as I know, though, this is the first time anyone has tried to find a link between chronic inflammation and suicide, however. Properly speaking, suicide is a behavior and not a condition, and we don't usually look for biological components to specific behaviors. It tends to make people uncomfortable to think that their actions can be driven by physical brain changes. As a culture, we are deeply invested in our belief in free will (myself as much as anyone), even though the scientific argument for its existence isn't terribly good. I'd be perfectly happy to kiss my pretensions to free will goodbye, however, if it meant finding a new paradigm for dealing with the year in, year out grinding mental anguish that makes death look like such a sweet release. Let's face it: affirmations stuck to the bathroom mirror and pills to correct our "chemical imbalances" aren't cutting it.

Reactions: cryone, AdamOndiAhman, sserafim and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Let's face it: affirmations stuck to the bathroom mirror and pills to correct our "chemical imbalances" aren't cutting it.
Now we'll get pills to correct our inflammation and all the other factors will continue to be left by the wayside.

So says the cynic in me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Fractal, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
@LaVieEnRose — Fair. I just thought it would be nice to be fobbed off with pills for a problem I actually have for a change, lol.

Speaking of inflammation, I've had multiple doctors tell me I can reduce mine by avoiding all sugar, everything made from grains or starchy vegetables, most fruit, and most dairy products. I guess certain nuts are okay. I'm allowed plain meat, but I've had a food phobia of all meats since childhood. So that's a problem.

I'm toying with the idea of working to develop MORE inflammation, in hopes of having a massive heart attack drop me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sserafim and LoiteringClouds
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
Hello,
A little while ago I have heard about some young genius girl who figured out something common in the biologie of suicidal people.
I wanted to ask here if someone does know about it because I was not able to find it back (because it is hard to find anything about suicide :p)
And I am open to any kind of other scientifical article on the matter so feel free to share your intelligence! c:

Cytokines are a natural response to all harms - and suicidal people have been harmed much more than others so of course they have more cytokines ! I found research finding that suicidal people have more "mirror neurons " - like whales do . Whales survived the last mass extinction and are higher species than humans.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and LoiteringClouds
thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
Hello,

Natasha Kulviwat?
Just the idea of there being a future possibility having to take some kind of brain test and being informed after that the results say I'm suicidal and will be taken to a mental institution horrifies me to a very high degree. Idk if there is any real "innovation" that can be done with their research though.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LoiteringClouds and reclaimedbynature
F

Fractal

May 22, 2023
The issue is that if this is true, will stopping the inflammation be enough. If you had this inflammation for your whole life, and it led you to make decisions that led to your life being so bad that you want to CTB. Will your life be salvageable even after correcting this. For me I'm thinking it's too little too late, but I have to get on a diet that fixes this even though my severe inflammation makes it extremely difficult to control myself.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That's very interesting. I quote this from the article: "But your body can also release them when there is no threat — during chronic stress, for example — and that can cause excessive inflammation."

In most cases "stress" - any kind of stress that becomes too much for us over time - can lead to depression and suicidal thoughts. Interesting that it could be a kind of inflammation.

Reactions: sserafim and FutureHanger
I

ihavenothingleft

Jul 30, 2023
@LaVieEnRose — Fair. I just thought it would be nice to be fobbed off with pills for a problem I actually have for a change, lol.

Speaking of inflammation, I've had multiple doctors tell me I can reduce mine by avoiding all sugar, everything made from grains or starchy vegetables, most fruit, and most dairy products. I guess certain nuts are okay. I'm allowed plain meat, but I've had a food phobia of all meats since childhood. So that's a problem.

I'm toying with the idea of working to develop MORE inflammation, in hopes of having a massive heart attack drop me.
Haha same

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I have just had a look at the article in Business Insider. Her sample size was far too small to conclude anything reliably.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Just another case where I'm an anomaly/outlier I guess because I still look like I did when I was 15 years old and I'm almost 30 so I don't think my suicidality has contributed at all to physical aging. :meh: