P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
A few years back I went to tested for possible disabilities after I bombed my first semester of college (I flunked out anyway). The psychiatrist who did my report wrote that I have "schizophrenic tendencies" or something like that, and that I have a cognitive disorder but never specified which specific disorder it could be. In both cases I was never really told what to do after being given those diagnoses.
Has anyone here experienced something like this and if so could you spread some light on it?

An addendum: they also had me squeeze this handheld machine to measure grip strength, but I have no idea what grip strength has to do with mental or neurological disorders.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I don't have any personal experience but I was wondering if it could be schizoaffective disorder, which doesn't quite meet the criteria for schizophrenia but is similar.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
A few years back I went to tested for possible disabilities after I bombed my first semester of college (I flunked out anyway). The psychiatrist who did my report wrote that I have "schizophrenic tendencies" or something like that, and that I have a cognitive disorder but never specified which specific disorder it could be. In both cases I was never really told what to do after being given those diagnoses.
Has anyone here experienced something like this and if so could you spread some light on it?

An addendum: they also had me squeeze this handheld machine to measure grip strength, but I have no idea what grip strength has to do with mental or neurological disorders.

If they cant tell you what they are, we cant. Its just typical psychiatric bullshit really. If you are introverted and low on energy they will say its negative symptoms of schizophrenia and if your a religious/Spiritual sensitive type they will consider it borderline psychotic tendencies. Psychiatrists are full of bullshit to be honest. Cognitive dusfunction can have myriad of causes.

Reactions: Skathon and esse_est_percipi
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Did you ever look into it yourself and see if you match the symptoms? I personally have hallucinations but I'm still looking into the cause of them. I don't think it's schizo but I also haven't put as much effort into it as I could have

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
Did you ever look into it yourself and see if you match the symptoms? I personally have hallucinations but I'm still looking into the cause of them. I don't think it's schizo but I also haven't put as much effort into it as I could have
I discussed it with a therapist and they said I didn't have it, but that doesn't explain anything.

Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Not having a diagnosis is not necessarily a bad thing...if you feel like you definitely have a mental illness that needs to be addressed and it's affecting your life, seek to speak with another doc. Next time you see your therapist, bring up your concerns about what condition(s) you may have AGAIN. You may be in the midst of getting a real diagnosis and they are "feeling you out".