zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
im trying to recover but my life feels like a psyop sometimes. everything goes wrong in ways that intuitively seem like they could never have been coincidences. what can i do? i have kidney problems and a predisposition to diabetes so medication will be challenging to figure out. i don't want to give up i don't want to die i want the pain to leave me alone

i started rehab for my alcoholism but i don't know how to do this without numbing myself

i'm afraid that i'm going to turn to harder drugs in a moment of weakness

i don't know how much more i can take

practicing gratitude is hard

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Azagorod, LSDXMT, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 4 others
E

existence_is

Jul 25, 2023
I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with these symptoms, but I'm also sure you're strong enough to stick through them. You're worth an incredible amount and are absolutely amazing.
It'll get better, people do learn to live with psychotic symptoms and lead awesome lives, I'm sure you can too.

awesome K-ON pfp btw :)

Reactions: zurukunai
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I have it too but hope is becoming higher since they are releasing better medications overtime

• Hugs
Reactions: zurukunai and Per Ardua Ad Astra
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Research low dose naltrexone and flush niacin for alcoholism. Eat low carb for 5hrs after taking flush niacin and start at a low dose. The AA founder championed niacin, iirc its what cured him. Research magnesium supplements, they soothe the same GABA receptors. Too much mag can lower glutamate and dopamine though. 80% dont have enough mag.

This book has a chapter on treating schizophrenia subtypes with nutrients/addressing impaired detox. Theres alot of research like this out there, hopefully itll lead you down some rabbit holes to answers. Im not sure if Walsh has all the answers, like I couldnt quite fix my mental illness self medicating based on what i read.

I think i was reading that intermittent fasting can restore kidney function. Autophagy is very restorative in general.

Low carb or keto diet is known to trea schizophrenia in some cases. Theres an infamous study where a lady was schizo for 50yrs, had a home caretaker and everything. Keto diet caused immediate full remission. I think its overhyped in general for health and theres more of a learning curve than is obvious.

Finally you might mine r/nootopics and the nootopics discord for treating schizophrenia, its a pretty advanced knowledge base.

here is just a random thread that came up there, even mentions niacin. I recommend trying/researching the neboglamine too.

And i also recommend researching kynurenine pathway dysfunction that is mentioned, thats a big deal especially in covid era, or so ive read elsewhere. Thats probably mentioned in the Walsh book.

Lastly i recommend circadian health/sunbathing and earthing to everyone. Theyre massively antinflammatory and great for mental health. Mid morning sunbathing optimizes your neurotransmitter levels, seeing every sun rise /sunset and wearing blue light blockers at night is huge. Our bodies arent geared to live in artificially lit caves staring at led screens.

Please let know what does/doesnt work if you try it or if you have questions.

Uss the pharma stuff as a last resort its a scam.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: zurukunai and Per Ardua Ad Astra
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Research low dose naltrexone and flush niacin for alcoholism. Eat low carb for 5hrs after taking flush niacin and start at a low dose. The AA founder championed niacin, iirc its what cured him. Research magnesium supplements, they soothe the same GABA receptors. Too much mag can lower glutamate and dopamine though. 80% dont have enough mag.

This book has a chapter on treating schizophrenia subtypes with nutrients/addressing impaired detox. Theres alot of research like this out there, hopefully itll lead you down some rabbit holes to answers. Im not sure if Walsh has all the answers, like I couldnt quite fix my mental illness self medicating based on what i read.

I think i was reading that intermittent fasting can restore kidney function. Autophagy is very restorative in general.

Low carb or keto diet is known to trea schizophrenia in some cases. Theres an infamous study where a lady was schizo for 50yrs, had a home caretaker and everything. Keto diet caused immediate full remission. I think its overhyped in general for health and theres more of a learning curve than is obvious.

Finally you might mine r/nootopics and the nootopics discord for treating schizophrenia, its a pretty advanced knowledge base.
The AA founder was also helped greatly by using magic mushrooms. Theres a lot of evidence suggesting that psychedelics can help treat addiction.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and todienomore
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
There is actually a modern protocol combining niacin with magic mushrooms and i think lions mane. Lions mane can have weird but predictable side effects i dont recommend it.
The AA founder was also helped greatly by using magic mushrooms. Theres a lot of evidence suggesting that psychedelics can help treat addiction.
Psychedelic use could be counter productive if the underlying inflammatory dynamics are not addressed in this persons case. Many subtypes of schizophrenia are basically neurotoxicity from impaired detox, so taking things that stress the system further is not ideal. As I understand it they also wont benefit from neurogenesis if there are certain types of impairment present. Its a complex process that can fail at different steps. The naltexone can actually stop autoimmune activation that prevents neurogenesis for example.

Alcohol and the metabolites are also broadly neurotoxic, would almost certainly negate a lasting benefit.

There is a big agenda behind hyping weed and psychedelics as medicines when they should be used with care.

Activated charcoal and bioavailable glutathione might be relevant for healing/detoxing from alcohol. Just would keep drinking far away from any glutathione, i know a similar supplement nac (which i dont recommend) is very harmful when taken the day after drinking.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
There is actually a modern protocol combining niacin with magic mushrooms and i think lions mane. Lions mane can have weird but predictable side effects i dont recommend it.

Psychedelic use could be counter productive if the underlying inflammatory dynamics are not addressed in this persons case. Many subtypes of schizophrenia are basically neurotoxicity from impaired detox, so taking things that stress the system further is not ideal. As I understand it they also wont benefit from neurogenesis if there are certain types of impairment present. Its a complex process that can fail at different steps. The naltexone can actually stop autoimmune activation that prevents neurogenesis for example.
Ima keep it real witchu i dont know what any of that means but you sound like you know what youre talking about lol

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and todienomore
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Ima keep it real witchu i dont know what any of that means but you sound like you know what youre talking about lol
A general principle with fixing the brain/body is to make sure the cleaning/exhaust system works first. Surprisingly often its just rotting in its own filth. I did a few yrs of research before i believed it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022

here is just a random thread that came up there, even mentions niacin. I recommend trying/researching the neboglamine too.

And i also recommend researching kynurenine pathway dysfunction that is mentioned, thats a big deal especially in covid era, or so ive read elsewhere. Thats probably mentioned in the Walsh book.

Lastly i recommend circadian health/sunbathing and earthing to everyone. Theyre massively antinflammatory and great for mental health. Mid morning sunbathing optimizes your neurotransmitter levels, seeing every sun rise /sunset and wearing blue light blockers at night is huge. Our bodies arent geared to live in artificially lit caves staring at led screens.

Please let know what does/doesnt work if you try it or if you have questions.

Uss the pharma stuff as a last resort its a scam.
thank you so much.

my current lifestyle is already very fasting-focused, mediterranean lower carb, lots of LISS cardio and calisthenics. i live in Florida so i get a lot of sun. have had a lot of experience w nootropics, they're great for me.

I'll definitely start looking into the niacin and naltrexone.
sorry for double post—any thoughts on Phenibut?

U

Under Pressure

Aug 8, 2023
If I had schizophrenia, my first priority would be to travel to this place from this Washington Post article

Center for precision psychiatry and mental health at Columbia. Much of what is diagnosed as schizophrenia is due to inflammation from other disease processes that can be diagnosed and treated directly. And their goal there is to rule those out. I had a loved one with schizophrenia who passed but given the chance would love to have had the chance to take her there. Who knows what different outcome there may have been…

LSDXMT

LSDXMT

Aug 17, 2023
the medications which are effective for schizophrenia are all mostly d2 receptor antagonists and/or mixed d2/5-ht2a receptor antagonists or very weak partial agonists. Although they are effective, they do have many adverse effects, although this is lessened with newer atypical anti psychotics such as risperidone and aripiprazole. But sadly they are, from what ive read, very numbing. And also considering you said you are predisposed to diabetes, antipsychotics do sometimes induce metabolic syndrome and not very good in that regard. Ive always hated psychosis meds, but maybe thats because they are the opposite of my drug of choice, dextroamphetamine. They dont sound very fun, but im not one to deny science/empirical data, which antipsychotics do have to back their use in many cases. But anyways, i wish you good luck with this.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I'll definitely start looking into the niacin and naltrexone.
sorry for double post—any thoughts on Phenibut?
Thats really great to hear youre already on the right track. I envy you living in Florida.

I think phenibut is dangerous, very high addiction potential similar to conventional benzos. I've seen stuff like that destroy/harm a lot of people. I think anyone selling that stuff should be in jail tbh.

Check out this subreddit if you dont believe me https://www.reddit.com/r/quittingphenibut/

Might be some good supplement advice in there, along with r/quittingbenzos and r/stopdrinking i think its called.
also www.reddit.com/r/gabagoodness might be of interest.

picamilon too, just came across it, its niacin stuck to gaba for brain bioavailability which is clever.

Last edited:
zurukunai

zurukunai

Sep 23, 2022
my experience on antipsychotics was that they were complete physical sedatives for me but did nothing for the thought processes. i never had many hallucinations but i just became delusional in ways that were extremely clear to other people but so plausible to my stress-fried brain that i could convince myself i was the only one who understood. this seems like something not treatable by antipsychotics. I really felt like I was capable of egregiously harming somebody and feeling nothing afterward when I was taking seroquel. i do not normally feel that way, for the record. seroquel did absolutely nothing for the torturous racing thoughts and just made me feel like i existed outside of my body

i took Phenibut in a while in HS in the way that people would take beta blockers for panic attacks—for interviews and auditions and such. they were very effective and i would only use them very short term to avoid the addiction. i never experienced a withdrawal but yeah using them more consistently I'm sure I would get addicted.

picamilon seems promising