PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I probably won't try this because given my experience with technology, when I try to do something I usually do it the exact opposite way! LOL I want to send an email to the cremation service I have contracted with but I know they'll get the email immediately even if I thought I did it right, or the system might not work as planned. What system are you using? What is your level of confidence?

My likely plan is sending a letter to them and CTB while the letter is in the mail, trying to balance having enough time to fully die while not lying dead in my apartment for too long.

Reactions: Captive of Mind
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If anything, I may use LetterMeLater since I don't trust Boomerang's (one of Google's) features in Gmail. Mainly because I don't want 3rd parties or even the company to be reading potentially sensitive and incriminating information, especially if I have a CTB note (which could be used against me if I fail or before I attempt).

Reactions: profoundexperience and Captive of Mind
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
What about delayed text messages? Does anyone know anything about those?

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
I wanted to send a delayed text from my iPhone but, unlike Android that I had before, apparently they don't do it

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Steve jobs you SOB.. ya screwed us again, Lol

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Haven't even thought it this yet, ugh so much planning

Reactions: Deleted member 18655
Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
Does anyone know if Hotmail/ Outlook scans emails for trigger words?

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 18655
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
There is an app for gmail called Boomerang that does delayed email sending.

Edit: Don't use gmail or boomerang for sensitive messages involving suicide - apparently both services scan content for certain key words and phrases. I have just been informed of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexit and profoundexperience
Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
Both Gmail and Boomerang scan messages for their content including key words and phrases.

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Both Gmail and Boomerang scan messages for their content including key words and phrases.

WHAT?! I had no idea. That's embarrassing - I have a few boomerang messages in queue. Time to delete everything.

Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
I don't really recommend gmail because Boomerang and/or other services may detect potential suicide notes in emails and alert the authorities. And/or sometimes I heard Boomerang is glitchy and could send delayed/scheduled emails out at inappropriate times (before you CTB). Also, do NOT use Timecave as @TiredHorse has made a thread regarding it and how he almost got into trouble with the authorities questioning him.

This is what I've seen...

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I don't want 3rd parties or even the company to be reading potentially sensitive and incriminating information, especially if I have a CTB note (which could be used against me if I fail or before I attempt).
Don't use gmail or boomerang for sensitive messages involving suicide - apparently both services scan content for certain key words and phrases.
My current plan (provided no one here has a better idea or sees a major flaw) is:
  1. I'm going to schedule messages in both LetterMeLater.com and Gmail's "send later" (for redundancy).
  2. My note will be a PDF attachment that is "image only" (contains no text*). The forkers would have to do OCR (optical character recognition) on the "image only" PDF in order to decipher/scan my text. It's possible that they might, but MUCH more unlikely/harder than scanning a simple email. An alternative would be to send image attachments only (no PDF) & that may likely be even better (they're perhaps marginally more likely to OCR a "image only PDF" than just plain images). In either case, they'd have to perform OCR to get the contents.
  3. I will upload & schedule the emails at the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE... maybe 15 minutes before I ctb. I wish those corporate do-gooders "good luck" in finding me and stopping me in time!
  4. I will leave high-quality copies as printouts & on USB for law-enforcement & family (particularly if I have to degrade quality enough to get a reasonable-sized PDF).
* This can be done by taking a regular PDF and "exporting each page as image". I don't know about Acrobat, but this export is available for free in PDF-XChange Editor. Then making a new, "image only" PDF. The disadvantage is the new PDF will be much larger, I will reduce the quality of the images as necessary in IrfanView. UNFORTUNATELY, all this does take some "technical skill"... but maybe someone will understand what I'm getting at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
I don't want 3rd parties or even the company to be reading potentially sensitive and incriminating information, especially if I have a CTB note (which could be used against me
Does anyone know if Hotmail/ Outlook scans emails for trigger words?
services scan content for certain key words and phrases.
I had an additional thought about circumventing any "keyword/trigger scanning"...

I'm going to redact/replace any words that might trigger a response. This will make it much more difficult for my suicide note to be automatically "scan-flagged".
People receiving my suicide note will certainly be able to figure it out from context (or at very least they'll definitely want to know what's going on). AND, prima facie, it is no longer a "suicide note" (explicitly) = so would be pretty difficult for a corporation to justify contacting anyone/authorities (since their "asses would be covered" legally & PR-wise). Again, I'll leave unredacted hard copies and an unredacted soft copy on a USB.

Perhaps something along the lines of....
******* Nnnn of @profoundexperience
Please know that my ******* is not about ... Society often perpetuates a myth that "*********" of ******* should experience negative emotions and have ideas like ... Eeeeee ** own **** — where, when, why, and how — 100% on my own terms — was something I have ... I sincerely wish I wouldn't have had to cause you "loss" and suffering by kkkkkkk ******.
So now, in this moment just before my *****, I consciously relinquish ("let go") all my regrets. (Although, no particular regrets needing "letting go" come to mind.) Please know I am trying to ddd without them... to the best of my ability.

Anyway, an idea for your consideration.... This idea, along with the "image only" idea (no scannable text without the provider company performing OCR first) should reduce any "keyword scanning" risk by 99.9% --- At least, that's what I'd guess.

Last edited:
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020

Edit: Don't use gmail or boomerang for sensitive messages involving suicide - apparently both services scan content for certain key words and phrases. I have just been informed of this.
interesting. good info. Know if IFTT also scans?

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Link- How to send delayed iPhone messages
It is a bit difficult to get used to, but it works! The shortcut app is brilliant
Hey @Caspers, thanks for that. I haven't played-around with Apple's Shortcuts app before... but it seems to me that, since it runs LOCALLY on one's iOS device... this would be one method that would completely circumvent any 3rd-party perhaps "scanning/intercepting" a scheduled message and perhaps reporting a possible ctb.

Do you know that to be true? Would that be your thinking too??

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Hey @Caspers, thanks for that. I haven't played-around with Apple's Shortcuts app before... but it seems to me that, since it runs LOCALLY on one's iOS device... this would be one method that would completely circumvent any 3rd-party perhaps "scanning/intercepting" a scheduled message and perhaps reporting a possible ctb.

Do you know that to be true? Would that be your thinking too??

If you are worried about Apple seeing the message, I am 99.9% certain they keep confidentiality. Confidentiality is one of their great assets, they even protect customers when connected to the police Link.
Also I am pretty certain the downloaded files are not in any way malicious, I've been using them with anti virus running in the background and my phone hasn't changed it's behaviour recently.
Of course this is just word of mouth from an anonymous stranger, so it is understandable you may be sceptical

• Love
Reactions: profoundexperience