NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
The basement/garage area in this apartment is shared with the upstairs neighbors, and they love using the most obnoxiously scented laundry detergent and dryer sheets for some reason. There are like 20 people living there so they need to do 50,000 loads per day like it is a full time job. It is a nice autumn day and I have a fan going in my window but instead of smelling fresh air I'm getting fucking blasted with these chemical weapons. Why the fuck does laundry need to be scented anyway. The same goes for air fresheners, excessive cologne/perfume, incense, and any other ridiculous overpowering artificial smells. Fucking insane.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Expected a jocular thread. I have some "scented paper" for them in my basement, it's yours if you want it.

Reactions: NumbItAll
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Expected a jocular thread. I have some "scented paper" for them in my basement, it's yours if you want it.
Oh it is, laugh reax welcome despite recent controversies. If I wanted to make a serious thread it would be about the terrors imposed by candy corn.

• Yay!
Reactions: rainysummer and freedompass
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really awful. I've always hated those strong artificial smells. It's understandable why that would make you want to leave this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Sounds about as bad as my neighbour tearing up the flat next door and burning wood in an oil drum. I swear, some people should be fucking put on a firing squad lol

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
You could try talking to them about it. Tell them you're allergic, even if you're not. Confrontation sucks, but it's better than smelling nasty scented laundry crap.

Reactions: Nolan96 and lofticries
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I can understand that, coz I have some weird olfactory disorder that makes me find 95% of perfumes/colognes COMPLETELY REPULSIVE.

I think it was caused by an accident I had as a kid where I broke my nose, which then caused nasal blockage and rhinosinusitis. Looks like it affected the development of my olfactory system.

Reactions: waitingforrest
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
At home I always argue about odors (detergents, creams, colognes, fried food, soap, candies, coffee...), I can't even imagine what I would do if I were in your situation. If I know, I would have gone to live in the street waiting to be offered a social housing because with the issue of odors my life is literally unviable if I expose myself for a long time (tummy aches, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, anger, sadness ...).

//

A casa sempre discuteixo pel tema de les olors (detergents, cremes, colónies, fregits, sabóns, caramels, café...), no em puc ni imaginar que faría si em trobés en la teva situació. Si ho se, m'hagués anat a viure al mig del carrer a l'espera que m'oferessin un allotjament social perquè amb el tema de les olors la meva vida és literalment inviable si m'hi exposo força estona (mals de panxa, nàusees, marejos, ansietat, ira, tristesa...).

• Hugs
Reactions: Nolan96 and OpheliasFlowers
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Have you tried scooping up some dogshit from outdoors and popping it in with their laundry when they're not looking? Silly question, of course you have.

You know you're welcome to crash at mine for a weekend. Pizza is free.

• Love
Reactions: NumbItAll
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
You could try talking to them about it. Tell them you're allergic, even if you're not. Confrontation sucks, but it's better than smelling nasty scented laundry crap.
Fair suggestion, but they don't even speak English. :pfff: I would feel guilty asking someone to change their laundry products based on what is a relatively minor nuisance. I was just feeling especially shitty from continued Prozac withdrawal and had to rant about this bizarre obsession with artificial fragrances.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Fair suggestion, but they don't even speak English. :pfff: I would feel guilty asking someone to change their laundry products based on what is a relatively minor nuisance. I was just feeling especially shitty from continued Prozac withdrawal and had to rant about this bizarre obsession with artificial fragrances.
Strongly scented stuff gives me migraines. I'd have to throw eggs at them and hiss like a cat to dominate the communal space.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Damn foreigners, smelling so good. Pretty much goes against all the xenophobia I've learned in the south.