• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Hi guys. So I'm going to travel in about 2 days. A place with lots of beaches, sand open water etc. Problem is, I've got heavy and very noticeable scarring on my upper arm and I'm utterly terrified of what people may think. I've got tattoos covering the rest of my scars but these while not brand new are still noticeable. (Dm me if you'd like to see them for reference)
For those that have scars like me, do you have any tips for finding confidence to wear them where people can see. Nobody except you and my tattoo artist knows about them and it scares me to think about the reactions I'll get.

Reactions: Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Upper arm scarring isn't what the general public thinks of as self harm. I also have tattoos over my wrist scars though several others are quite visible. I don't really care what people think. And over the years with a few exceptions, people have stared but don't ask because they figure it is rude. I totally get your anxiety about it but what we think is a big deal isn't always the same for others. You could make up an awesome story about an accident white water rafting or something, lol. If you get to the beach and feel super self conscious, could just wear a thin shirt and say your skin burns really easily, too.

Reactions: Superfluous
JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
I have very bad deep self harm scars on my left lower arm. I don't try to hide them, and quite frankly, no one seems to give a shit.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I have very bad deep self harm scars on my left lower arm. I don't try to hide them, and quite frankly, no one seems to give a shit.
No extra looks no questions?
Sorry btw, I fell asleep almost immediately after I posted this

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Hi guys. So I'm going to travel in about 2 days. A place with lots of beaches, sand open water etc. Problem is, I've got heavy and very noticeable scarring on my upper arm and I'm utterly terrified of what people may think. I've got tattoos covering the rest of my scars but these while not brand new are still noticeable. (Dm me if you'd like to see them for reference)
For those that have scars like me, do you have any tips for finding confidence to wear them where people can see. Nobody except you and my tattoo artist knows about them and it scares me to think about the reactions I'll get.
I have some deep scars on my forearms, there's not a lot because it was only one incident with glass. But I've had to get my blood drawn a lot and always try to contort my arm while they take it. I'm sure it doesn't go unnoticed. Especially the deeper vertical one that looks like a centipede because of the stitch scars.
I've never been worried about what other people think per say, only that the implication would be proof for someone to use against me if they wanted to put me away or stop me from fixing my face. Its not embarrassment that gets me, it's straight fear.

I don't know how noticeable yours are in person but I usually can't see people's self-harm scars unless I'm pretty close to them. Some people might think things silently to themselves but unless it's very crowded I don't think you'll get commentary.
To me they are wounds and scars of suffering and how one has experienced things most people haven't. In that way, it's no different or less cool than having some badass cover story about them. Your eyes are more open than anyone who will comment negatively on your scars.

Reactions: DepressionsAHo and Halo13
JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
No extra looks no questions?
Sorry btw, I fell asleep almost immediately after I posted this

I never even noticed anyone looking at them.

I've been to Disney world and the beach with them recently and no response.
People don't really care, or pay any attention to other people.

Not that it would bother me. I don't care what other people think of me. They have no concept of the hell I'm in, which caused the scars in the first place.

Reactions: LastFlowers
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I have some deep scars on my forearms, there's not a lot because it was only one incident with glass. But I've had to get my blood drawn a lot and always try to contort my arm while they take it. I'm sure it doesn't go unnoticed. Especially the deeper vertical one that looks like a centipede because of the stitch scars.
I've never been worried about what other people think per say, only that the implication would be proof for someone to use against me if they wanted to put me away or stop me from fixing my face. Its not embarrassment that gets me, it's straight fear.

I don't know how noticeable yours are in person but I usually can't see people's self-harm scars unless I'm pretty close to them. Some people might think things silently to themselves but unless it's very crowded I don't think you'll get commentary.
To me they are wounds and scars of suffering and how one has experienced things most people haven't. In that way, it's no different or less cool than having some badass cover story about them. Your eyes are more open than anyone who will comment negatively on your scars.
Thank you so much man. I'll try to keep my fear down a bit. Some of them are red and have keloided. I also have a stiches scar as well lol. That's not purposeful though. Total accident. I essentially made myself a human fillet

Reactions: Halo13 and LastFlowers