K

karel1987

Student
Dec 29, 2020
I have a anxiety disorder with panic attacks. Im scared that i call 911 when i take my SN. Even if i use xanax. Any tips?

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Meditation guide, sadworld and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My best advice would be to think things thoroughly before calling 911. You know they might "save you" and send you to a psych ward right?
Anyway, it's your decision but personally, I would avoid 911.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fehler, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, sadworld and 3 others
K

karel1987

Student
Dec 29, 2020
But when your SI kicks in your are in trouble

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
My best advice would be to think things thoroughly before calling 911. You know they might "save you" and send you to a psych ward right?
Anyway, it's your decision but personally, I would avoid 911.
i think this is the best advice. make sure you think it through as it is your own choice as whether you want to or not in the first place.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, sadworld, foxdie and 1 other person
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Why do you think you'll call 911? I think you should examine that first before attempting anything. Just my opinion tho, because ultimately killing yourself is a deeply serious and difficult decision.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Helpneedtips, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ghost2211 and 5 others
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
I think @foxdie's response makes a lot of sense. If there is the likelihood of calling 911 it may be that this is something you don't feel entirely at peace with yet. It's a choice that nobody should have to force themselves to make, and if you feel that that is what's happening I think it might be a worthwhile thing to spend some time reflecting over.
I have anxiety too, I know how horrible it is. Hugs :hug:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Helpneedtips, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ghost2211 and 3 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yeah, you should really think things thoroughly before drinking your SN. Is this really what you want? and so on. If you're still scared and you know that this is really what you want to do then maybe you could put your phone somewhere you won't be able to reach it or something like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Ghost2211, Wrennie and 2 others
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
I disagree with everyone's advice here.

You can feel resentful towards life. I think wanting to die is an EXCEPTION among people like us and not the rule. Of course I don't want to die. How dearly I wish to live. But life itself doesn't want me to live, apparently. Because every time you think it can't get worse, it will do just that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: emgrl, GoingSoonish, NeverSatisfied and 4 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I disagree with everyone's advice here.

You can feel resentful towards life. I think wanting to die is an EXCEPTION among people like us and not the rule. Of course I don't want to die. How dearly I wish to live. But life itself doesn't want me to live, apparently. Because every time you think it can't get worse, it will do just that.

I don't think anyone was implying you can't be resentful towards life. My life sucks too and I wish it wasn't, I so feel you on that. I think we only said think it through because they mentioned being afraid of calling 911 which implies some doubt. You also didn't offer any alternative advice yourself, did you read everything written here or just react based on your own feelings? People should give suicide deep thought, regardless of how bad their lives are or how resentful to the world they are. It's no small matter.

• Love
Reactions: shadowchaser, Helpneedtips, Deleted member 25174 and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I don't think anyone was implying you can't be resentful towards life. My life sucks too and I wish it wasn't, I so feel you on that. I think we only said think it through because they mentioned being afraid of calling 911 which implies some doubt. You also didn't offer any alternative advice yourself, did you read everything written here or just react based on your own feelings? People should give suicide deep thought, regardless of how bad their lives are or how resentful to the world they are. It's no small matter.
yeah, basically what i was getting from that is "i disagree that you should think it through" because we were saying "think it through" and they said " i disagree" and this doesnt make much sense to me

• Love
Reactions: foxdie

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Agreeing with most other people here: please make sure you are sure about leaving before you do anything. It will be your final and most permanent decision, and you have time to iron out the doubts/uncertainties you may have before you go through with it to make the process as peaceful as possible.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Anxiety sucks. :heart:

• Hugs
S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
You could run the battery down on your phone so it will not turn on and throw away your charger. Or just turn off your phone and if you go to turn it on you will have 30 seconds to think about it.

lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020

I didn't give advice, because there is none. You just have to eat the xanax and that makes the decision easier.

What I was trying to say is that, I would never want to (more like need to) make that decision to end my life. Therefore, there will always be your mind stopping you and playing tricks on you. Especially during that process of suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and foxdie
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
run the battery down on your phone and take batteries out.

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Turn off your phone and put it somewhere far away before you do the deed. That's what I'm gonna do because I have strong SI.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I didn't give advice, because there is none. You just have to eat the xanax and that makes the decision easier.

What I was trying to say is that, I would never want to (more like need to) make that decision to end my life. Therefore, there will always be your mind stopping you and playing tricks on you. Especially during that process of suicide.

Fair enough. I feel somewhat the same myself, although personally, having made attempts in the past, I don't think I'd ever call 911. But that just might be me. I'm sorry you're struggling so much, I feel ya :hug:

I hope you're doing okay @karel1987 :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: shadowchaser and lunargreenx
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Some of us me included have sudden panic attacks and adrenalin kicks in and at that point it's impossible to control calling for help. I know from the past things I've done I would probably do this. I would need to be very tranquilized.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 25174, foxdie and lunargreenx
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
Some of us me included have sudden panic attacks and adrenalin kicks in and at that point it's impossible to control calling for help. I know from the past things I've done I would probably do this. I would need to be very tranquilized.

Exactly..

But letting the phone die is actually quite a good idea, now that I think about it.

• Hugs
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Exactly..

But letting the phone die is actually quite a good idea, now that I think about it.
I can scream loud enough to wake the dead though.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
I took an od and apparently called the nhs crisis line who called an ambulance for me. I didn't know I'd done it until after I left the hospital and the community team assured me it was definitely me who made the call. I took more medication after the call too, according to them your instinct to live kicks in when you're on your way. I seriously wondered for ages how I'd got the hospital, days of my memory went

• Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser and foxdie
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
I can scream loud enough to wake the dead though.

There was one person from here that did SN in the woods. He died. It was this summer.

I don't know where you live, but If you have woods nearby, that can be option for you.

Not for me though, I don't like nature. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, Meditation guide and foxdie
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Not much advice for this one, if you think that you may try to stop yourself from dying even with drugs to calm you down I don't think there's much you can do to prevent that.

Reactions: Deleted member 25174
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
Not much advice for this one, if you think that you may try to stop yourself from dying even with drugs to calm you down I don't think there's much you can do to prevent that.
It wasn't even something I'd considered and I still somehow managed it. You brain will fight you all the way. Putting your phone somewhere you can't access it would make the end terrifying if you panicked and wanted it. You'd be all alone. If you're thinking you might want to call you might need to keep your phone with you

• Love
Reactions: shadowchaser
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
There was one person from here that did SN in the woods. He died. It was this summer.
I live in a very densely populated area unfortunately. No woods and no place outside to be alone.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I have anxiety and panic attacks too, I think that when the day comes you should feel calm and ready to do it. If you have strong feelings of SI maybe you're not ready yet. But if you think it might be in your way you could always get rid of your phone

O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
do it away from your phone. leave your phone somewhere else