W

Willdieby30

recently unbanned
Aug 21, 2018
was hoping to starve myself and jump off of a bridge this year. didnt do either. just seemed like pain with the always present bad probability rate of survival that seems to follow me

• Hugs
Reactions: readtodie96, Deleted member 23885 and neverever
Life is pointless

Life is pointless

Dec 18, 2020
was hoping to starve myself and jump off of a bridge this year. didnt do either. just seemed like pain with the always present bad probability rate of survival that seems to follow me
My recommendation from me to u would be don't try ctb in public cause u will end up being monitored by the police like in my case ...

Last edited:
Reactions: readtodie96, Midnight-rain and Willdieby30
Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Well, starving oneself is not a feasible method. It's brought up on this forum here and there, and everyone, except the person bringing it up, knows that it obviously won't even come close to working. It just won't.

Jumping is "foolproof" in the same way that full suspension hanging is "foolproof" -- if you do it right, it is guaranteed to kill you. And it's easy for any able-bodied, non-institutionalized person to do it right. That's not where the difficulty lies. The difficulty lies precisely in the fact that these two methods offer certain death with no possibility of reversing your decision once you've taken the final step.

There's a lot of talk on the forum about partial suspension hanging. And the extremely high failure rate associated with it. It's a go-to for many here, precisely because it's not a sure thing. It *might* work, but you don't have the absolute certainty of death that you do when you kick a chair out from under yourself. That's just how it is -- most people have fear, uncertainty and doubt about ending their life. Sliding towards it, having the option to abort the attempt midway, is more palatable.

What people lack isn't foolproof methods, it's fear-proof methods. None exist.

• Love
Reactions: sourpink, the_final_countdown, Pookie and 8 others
W

Willdieby30

recently unbanned
Aug 21, 2018
Well, starving oneself is not a feasible method. It's brought up on this forum here and there, and everyone, except the person bringing it up, knows that it obviously won't even come close to working. It just won't.

Jumping is "foolproof" in the same way that full suspension hanging is "foolproof" -- if you do it right, it is guaranteed to kill you. And it's easy for any able-bodied, non-institutionalized person to do it right. That's not where the difficulty lies. The difficulty lies precisely in the fact that these two methods offer certain death with no possibility of reversing your decision once you've taken the final step.

There's a lot of talk on the forum about partial suspension hanging. And the extremely high failure rate associated with it. It's a go-to for many here, precisely because it's not a sure thing. It *might* work, but you don't have the absolute certainty of death that you do when you kick a chair out from under yourself. That's just how it is -- most people have fear, uncertainty and doubt about ending their life. Sliding towards it, having the option to abort the attempt midway, is more palatable.

i put starving in instead of fasting for clarity's sake, it was going to be out of protest in addition to jumping off a bridge. i just read that 200ft was foolproof and i dont have access to that height.
My recommendation from me to u would be don't try ctb in public cause u will end up being monitored by the police like in my case ...
which is another part of why i haven't tried jumping. can i ask, how are you monitored? do they care that you are on this website?

Life is pointless

Life is pointless

Dec 18, 2020
i put starving in instead of fasting for clarity's sake, it was going to be out of protest in addition to jumping off a bridge. i just read that 200ft was foolproof and i dont have access to that height.

which is another part of why i haven't tried jumping. can i ask, how are you monitored? do they care that you are on this website?
By every possible way u can imagine , they only care if i ctb and they would be there i guess since they are getting paid for it and dont wanna fail their only given job , do it privately man so no one would know it cause people usually would stop u and in the worst case they will monitor u like in my case ..

W

Willdieby30

recently unbanned
Aug 21, 2018
By every possible way u can imagine , they only care if i ctb and they would be there i guess since they are getting paid for it and dont wanna fail their only given job , do it privately man so no one would know it cause people usually would stop u and in the worst case they will monitor u like in my case ..
hard to jump off a bridge in private. thats like the only realistic option for me, leaning over and dying. no prep or anything. sorry to hear you have those things watching you

Reactions: Life is pointless
homesick28

homesick28

Oct 26, 2020
S

Spot on

Reactions: gtrfvr
W

Willdieby30

recently unbanned
Aug 21, 2018
not to say i am not weak. i totally am