thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Does anyone have experience with scar removal?

I have hundreds of small self-harm scars. I'd like to remove at least some of them.

What are the options? Laser/surgery? Does it work? Is it worth it?

RolfZuckowski

RolfZuckowski

May 29, 2023
Hej, I haven't tried any heavy hitters like laser/surgery so far but I made some progress in the last months regarding some bigger scarred areas from skinpicking and other sh with supplements, retinoids, and micro needling. Glycine, vitamin C, astaxanthin, MSM, tremella mushroom helped quite a bit. If I'll have some more money to spare, i would probably look also into gotu kola, astralagus, egf creams and healing peptides.

Reactions: Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
If they are small you can try caring for them so that they continue to heal as best as possible :)
There are scar-gels with rollers, like the one from 'bepanthen' (I personally really liked just the feeling of it, haha) or just rollers for scars in general. They are called 'Derma rollers' and work by micro needling your skin. They break down the skin tissue and leave micro wounds in your skin that help the skin
,,This type of rolling stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, breaks down scar tissue, and enhances the absorption of topically-applied nutrients.''

Other stuff is onion extract, aloe vera, honey, plant oils, vitamin E and Vitamin C.

I am not saying that medical procedures are a bad idea, since I have looked into those too when I was younger but this is just stuff you might want to try first and maybe it will a lot :)

Wish you the best!

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023

I have hundreds of small self-harm scars. I'd like to remove at least some of them.

Cover it with tattoos

Reactions: Adriana
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021

No. The current options are pretty poor. I have loads of scars so I can understand your situation.
The most helpful tool you have is youth. If you can commit to not making more, they will fade and become less prominent.
I do know people who have gotten tattoos to cover them. It can be quite effective but not if you're going to keep doing it.
I started going swimming with my dad. He is the most important person in my life and I know how much my SH hurts him. But in doing this, at least he can see that there are no fresh wounds.
It's making myself accountable.

lastday6116

lastday6116

Gone home
May 31, 2023
Maybe you can try a laser but it won't remove it completely
You can use a green concealer, then a concealer of the same color as you, with a little setting powder that will last 24 hours (makeup tips)

lastday6116

lastday6116

Gone home
May 31, 2023
Or maybe you can just put a cute tattoo

Reactions: Adriana
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I have a few scars that I'm got tired of explaining, if scar removal works, I'll be totally down for it.