killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
Okay so I'm stupid and I was desperate on January to find N, so I mailed "A" to ask him about the cost of N using my normal gmail account. Later on I discovered it was a scammer so I didn't replied.

Today I got a mail from protonmail saying I got a new message in my account *****. to my Gmail account. The thing is, I don't have a protonmail account and now I'm so scared. Someone used my gmail to create a protonmail. I'm beyond scared guy beyond scared.
Please someone help :mmm:

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: UninformedLover, GenesAndEnvironment, Sensei and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm not an expert but is your password still working? It's strange this person hasn't changed it.
Try to log in into your account and change the pass. Also, check the phone number and alternative e-mails. He might've changed them too.

What's more, maybe this person only typed your gmail e-mail address. Check the lower part of the protonmail e-mails and click unsubscribe so that you stop receive their e-mails.

If you manage to change your gmail pass, phone and alternative e-mail, you'll be safe.

Reactions: Fragile and Sensei
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I'm not an expert but is your password still working? It's strange this person hasn't changed it.
Try to log in into your account and change the pass. Also, check the phone number and alternative e-mails. He might've changed them too.

What's more, maybe this person only typed your gmail e-mail address. Check the lower part of the protonmail e-mails and click unsubscribe so that you stop receive their e-mails.

If you manage to change your gmail pass, phone and alternative e-mail, you'll be safe.

Thanks for your reply really, I'm shaking. I got scared so I just delete my gmail account. I do have access to it. They didn't change the password and the recovery mail was still the one I have. As well as phone number. But I delete, I don't know if I should undelete. I'm so scared.
After the things I read about the dark net now I'm shaking

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Thanks for your reply really, I'm shaking. I got scared so I just delete my gmail account. I do have access to it. They didn't change the password and the recovery mail was still the one I have. As well as phone number. But I delete, I don't know if I should undelete. I'm so scared.
After the things I read about the dark net now I'm shaking

No problem. I was almost hacked once so I know how you're feeling.

Well, these people generally change your passwords or threaten you by telling you things such as "I know your password is 123456. If you don't give me XXXX bit coins I will share your private information with everyone".
I think this person only typed your e-mail on protonmail when he/she signed up and that's why you're receiving those e-mails.
If you change your pass, you'll be okay and be able to use your account without worries.
Just be more careful next time! I think you're safe!

• Hugs
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Please change your gmail password as fast as possible. Keep in mind that you should ALWAYS have different password in every account. I know it's difficult but that's the best way to protect yourself from scammers. Most people use the same password everywhere and it is a very irresponsible habit, which makes them vulnerable to various attacks. Write to protonmail administrators and explain that you hadn't created an account there. I am sure they will help you. Preventively, scan your computer with good antivirus software (I recommend Malwarebytes). If you have some time, make a scan with FRST program and ask someone on tech support forum to analyze output logs. Please google FRST for more information.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
But I don't understand, why would they need to use your gmail account to create a proton mail account?...
I think I've created five proton mail accounts or something like that, with different emails or numbers
Everyone could create a proton mail account with your name if they knew it actually

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You still have your phone number as a backup, right? Then it should be fine, you'll be able to change the gmail password as much as you want. Didn't even sound like they cracked your email but just used it for a proton, or am I missing something? About them knowing who you are, shouldn't be a problem in the long term, idk.

Last edited:
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
Please change your gmail password as fast as possible. Keep in mind that you should ALWAYS have different password in every account. I know it's difficult but that's the best way to protect yourself from scammers. Most people use the same password everywhere and it is a very irresponsible habit, which makes them vulnerable to various attacks. Write to protonmail administrators and explain that you hadn't created an account there. I am sure they will help you. Preventively, scan your computer with good antivirus software (I recommend Malwarebytes). If you have some time, make a scan with FRST program and ask someone on tech support forum to analyze output logs. Please google FRST for more information.
Thank you so much!! I changed the password immediately and sent a report in protonmail, I'll check out FRST, thank you so much for the help.
But I don't understand, why would they need to use your gmail account to create a proton mail account?...
I think I've created five proton mail accounts or something like that, with different emails or numbers
Everyone could create a proton mail account with your name if they knew it actually
I also didn't understand that's why I'm scared
You still have your phone number as a backup, right? Then it should be fine, you'll be able to change the gmail password as much as you want. Didn't even sound like they cracked your email but just used it for a proton, or am I missing something? About them knowing who you are, shouldn't be a problem in the long term, idk.
Thank you, yes they didn't changed the my phone or back up email and I still had access to my email. I'm just a scared about them getting info or something. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: grungeCat