• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

(in)sane

Jun 9, 2024
I had a discussion about this to my bf. He said that suicide seems like a selfish thing to do. It's not the first time I've heard that, so here's my take: How is wanting someone to continue living in unbearable pain for your own peace of mind any less selfish?

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, vadim, rebelnow111 and 7 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I agree. Forcing others to live for your own sake is just as, if not even more selfish in comparisons to suicide.

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, kunikuzushi, thebelljarrr and 1 other person
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
To say that someone who is suffering terribly, should continue suffering just because other people like them suffering, is selfish.
The more I think about the concept of being selfish, the more I wonder: who cares about being selfish? Suicide is selfish, forcing other people to live and suffer is also selfish, what does it matter?

Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, thebelljarrr, (in)sane and 1 other person
bianbianbianbian

bianbianbianbian

“Wilt and die. Only time will try to remember you”
Jun 10, 2022
I mean, basically everything humans do is selfish no matter if the intention is "good" or "bad" or not. No matter if it's while we're living or choosing to end our own life or not. I'm not sure why the word "selfish" is generally used in a negative way because I think being selfish is only actually bad when it's abusive/intentionally meant to hurt or disregard other people because you put yourself on a pedestal or something like that. But, I don't know, that's really just my two cents on this and how I view it.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, vadim, kunikuzushi and 3 others
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I mean, basically everything humans do is selfish no matter if the intention is "good" or "bad" or not. No matter if it's while we're living or choosing to end our own life or not. I'm not sure why the word "selfish" is generally used in a negative way because I think being selfish is only actually bad when it's abusive/intentionally meant to hurt or disregard other people because you put yourself on pedestal or something like that. But, I don't know, that's really just my two cents on this and how I view it.
THIS
THIS

Reactions: (in)sane
A

avalonisburning

Womp womp womp
May 12, 2024
The language around suicide prevention always bothers me too. "Don't take your life." Why would you need to take something that already belongs to you? I'm not a father. I don't have any pets, or plants that rely on me to survive. Who's hands am I ripping my life out of and running off with like a mugger in the night?

• Love
Reactions: (in)sane, vadim, Mateira and 1 other person
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
Well, it is selfish. What else would you want to be if you're suffering beyond your breaking point? Aren't you allowed to think of yourself in that moment? Is it a necessity to live for others while they have only their own problems to tend to? Are you obligated to suffer through pain they dismiss and ignore? I'd say fuck them. You have all the right to be selfish.

Reactions: vadim and divinemistress36
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Suicide is selfish camp may often live very selfishly without thinking of others. Just...something I've noticed with people I know who absolutely hate suicidal people as if they are scum but unironically are..yeah. Anecdotal, yadda yadda whatever.