Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I knew this day was coming…my last shred of happiness gone. The one bond, that was like no other gone. It's only been a few hours but I miss her so much. And you'd think it was a person but no, she was a dog. But she was more than a dog to me. She was my best friend, and the closest connection I had with any anyone, even a human.

No human could compare to her. No human cared like she did. Unlike humans who only care about superficial nonsense, where your importance is revoked if you're no longer meeting a certain need, she loved me no matter how weird I was. No matter how gross I looked. At the time we got her, I was coping with a loss of another dog. I was 12 at the time, and though the other kids would tease me and call me disgusting, she loved me.

And I loved her to the very end, even when I had to change her diaper, use baby wipes and ointment so she wouldn't get diaper rash, helping her when she was too weak to eat, having to sacrifice sleep, giving her medicines twice a day, carrying her places, riding her around in her kid carrier so she can be with me. I'd do all those things again in a heartbeat for her, if it meant seeing her face one last time.

But I know I couldn't have her suffering. She's always been a tough girl, but I knew the end stages of cancer were catching up to her. She no longer ate her favorite foods, played with her toy, or got excited over the littlest of things. She was telling me it was time. Yesterday night, she was so restless. Wandering aimlessly even when she was so weak. As if she was trying to find a place to die. I couldn't have her go through that. Luckily with dogs, they are treated better than humans and have access to a very special N of their own. No questions asked.

I wanted to be there for her, to send her off on her bus ride. It was the last thing I could do for her, even though it was so painful. She passed in my arms, and I know she wouldn't have had it any other way.

Graham, I love you. I don't know how I'm supposed to make it in this world without you. You were the only one keeping me here. I will never stop loving you, and I am so thankful to have had a buddy like you in my life. Even at your sickest, you'd muster up the energy to look for me. Keep an eye on me with those big brown eyes of yours. You're the sweetest animal I'll ever come to know, and thank you for blessing me with your presence.

Attachments

• D0A92CEF-FB12-42A1-B651-127ED3818090.jpeg
    D0A92CEF-FB12-42A1-B651-127ED3818090.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lofticries, Venus13, outatime_85 and 18 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Animals are more reliable and loyal than many people.

• Love
Reactions: phantomisgone, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Shivali and 6 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
This sad real sorry losing friend , feel love very much this rare swe human . Animal real friend understand suffer real sorry lose ,hug

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Shivali, makethepainstop and 2 others
Dead Meat

Dead Meat

DOOMED
Oct 10, 2018
I'm so sorry for your loss,I know how much losing a pet hurts and I'm sending you an abundance of love and hugs :hug: :heart::hug::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: outatime_85, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Shivali and 1 other person
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Thank you all that has commented - I don't usually get much interaction (probably my own fault - bad social anxiety) so I appreciate each and every one.🧡

Goes to show maybe there's still some good people in the world.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Per Ardua Ad Astra, outatime_85 and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Sorry for your loss. Your story is very touching. This life is not about permanency, and the fact that you got to experience being loved at that level is a thing of great beauty in its own right. Love is the only thing that matters in the end. Most people don't know that.

Whenever I complain about having never been loved, I think about my cat who used to perch beside me during my darkest days of living with my abusive family, and realise it's not quite true. I hope that I'll be reunited with her soon so we can headbutt again, just like we used to.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, WhatPowerIs, ColorlessTrees and 4 others
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Sorry for your loss. Your story is very touching. This life is not about permanency, and the fact that you got to experience being loved at that level is a thing of great beauty in its own right. Love is the only thing that matters in the end. Most people don't know that.

Whenever I complain about having never been loved, I think about my cat who used to perch beside me during my darkest days of living with my abusive family, and realise it's not quite true. I hope that I'll be reunited with her soon so we can headbutt again, just like we used to.
Thank you...and It's the most beautiful magic there is. It's easy to take their love for granted because they aren't human - but we are all animals here, and I think our furry friends' love is one of the purest forms there is.

I'm sure she will welcome you with open paws... I know I am hoping the same with my Grammy.

It'll be just like old times, a time like no other.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, makethepainstop and Pluto
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I'm so sorry. Such a sweet face on her.... That's wonderful that the two of you had each other. My heart is breaking for you.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, ColorlessTrees, Message In A Bottle and 1 other person
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I'm so sorry. Such a sweet face on her.... That's wonderful that the two of you had each other. My heart is breaking for you.
I loved her little face - her eyes were always big and expressive. If I had jerky, her eyes would get wide with anticipation. It would make me smile - She was my guardian angel.

Thank you always for your continued kindness to others.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, ColorlessTrees and Cathy Ames
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be painful and hard to deal with losing your dog, but at least your dog got to die peacefully.
Rest in peace.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Message In A Bottle and Per Ardua Ad Astra
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how difficult this must be but I'm glad you two had such a strong bond. Rest In Peace.

• Hugs
  • Love
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
All pets are special, but sometimes you'll have one that's just different. An animal soulmate if you will. Having experienced it earlier this year, losing that pet is a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone.

But I'm glad you had such a bond, and I'm glad she had you to keep her safe, loved, and comfortable even in her end-stage suffering. She was beautiful dog and your memories will always keep her cherished. ❤️

• Love