Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
"I want to tell you not to, I want to say please don't."

this is part of a message i got from a friend. is it just me or does having someone say that almost seal it? idk, i just get this kind of feeling like "i have to"

Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
To be fair they are saying "please don't"

why does it trigger you in that way ?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
why does it trigger you in that way ?
i wish i knew. my chest and my arms feel heavy.....almost sinking.......my best explanation is because im suicidal. i cant shake the feeling of suicide so i have to

Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I think I can relate. When family or friends say this kind of stuff I can appreciate the loving way in which it's meant but there is also a cloying quality about it

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You get the feeling because there's no argument behind the request. It's just "don't do it because I forbid it".

Reactions: Fin
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I think I can relate. When family or friends say this kind of stuff I can appreciate the loving way in which it's meant but there is also a cloying quality about it
You get the feeling because there's no argument behind the request. It's just "don't do it because I forbid it".
no its not even that. (its not always just about them) they do mean well. and they know i dont actually want to die. its just like i said
i cant shake the feeling of suicide so i have to

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
no its not even that. (its not always just about them) they do mean well. and they know i dont actually want to die. its just like i said
I'm not saying they don't mean well. I'm saying that you're not shaking the feeling of suicide because there's no argument or change being made against it. Why would it go away?

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
is it just me or does having someone say that almost seal it?
Could be acting like reverse psychology, though not intended. I know if someone tells me not to do something I'm more likely to do it. Comes from problems with knowing what and who to trust.

lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
If I did it, nobody would miss me and there is noone I would miss. And maybe that's the saddest things of all. Hell, I don't even have anyone that would write me this.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I'm not saying they don't mean well. I'm saying that you're not shaking the feeling of suicide because there's no argument or change being made against it. Why would it go away?
not even that...i dont think?? i try. and there are reasons for me to not die, even reasons for myself. i just cant shake it. the only thing that will help is an antidepressant and i cant seem to take any because im sensitive to medication and the one im on now interacts with them (antianxiety). i have plans coming up with a therapist and my psychiatrist to increase my dose. im literally doing everything i can. i even have dreams for the future.........i just have to though.....

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think the message is clear and this person is asking you not to ctb.
It reminds me of those days I got messages like that too. Those texts can really break your heart.