selfeater

selfeater

Jan 11, 2024
Reactions: greatgooglymoogly, ummagumma, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 2 others
slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Experienced
Dec 27, 2023
honestly i dont hate this. it reminds me that doing positive things and loving ppl should never be a negative. Be your true self. I am someone who loves strongly and i feel discouraged when ppl dont give the same energy back. but its a reflection of their soul and personality. No matter how many times humans will disappoint me, ignore my screams for help, not appreciate my actions...i will stay true to myself. yes its draining sometimes and I'm definitely suicidal and would love to die. if my chronic severe depression wins and makes me ctb then i want to at least die true to myself. as someone who loves her friends and family unconditionally.
idk if this makes sense lmao!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, selfeater and Princess_Kitty
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It makes sense if it's directed at people who naturally have, or have been raised to have these qualities. In which case- it's like the phrase: 'Know thyself.' If you have been raised to be polite and let others go first- it's going to feel rude to push ahead. If on the other hand, you haven't been taught manners and courtesy and to respect others- you quite likely won't feel bad about shoving everyone else out the way!

It depends on who we are but yeah- going against the grain- as it were for personal protection or gain doesn't always sit well. On the other hand- you can get sick of going through life as a mug. So, it's plain stupidity to say- always be the one to do extra for work or other people if it is just becoming expected of you and/or not appreciated. Sometimes I think you need to be a bit cynical to spot that everyone is exploiting you because they think you're nice/weak. If a cat bites you and you give it food- it will keep biting you! Learned behaviour. Humans are the same. If you work overtime to get your more than reasonable workload done, your workload will continue to be unreasonable!

I agree with some of those statements but certainly not all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Slow_Farewell
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
So many words just to say Leadership is an exercise in contradiction. Agree with @Forever Sleep, agree with some but not all.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
theRetroHawk

theRetroHawk

Jun 18, 2023
I actively hate this so much I'd much rather we live in a facade that being a good person helps and blah blah blah, as someone who used to live as honest as I could yeah I'm 20 and I'm burned the fuck out and here I am on a fucking suicide forum. Life sucks, I got raised "right" while I know a guy who got fired for stealing from his job (slap on the wrist and not on his record) didn't do any of his collage work until the end of the year and half assed it all for a pass and is in a very questionable relationship (I'll leave it at that) and he's living his best life and just happy and oblivious and I think man I'd rather be happy but a dick then depressed as I am and a "kind hearted person" or whatever the fuck I might get told once a year just to keep me going by people who pity me

amaluuk

amaluuk

Jan 11, 2024
It's a good way to live life and something I've been adhering to even now but ultimately the issue is that unless your life has good things happening to keep you going or you have the patience and endurance of a saint then you'll get burnt out eventually and be a prick.

Janine

Janine

"The man who hunts two bunnies will catch neither"
Mar 18, 2023
This is a concept that would apply to a variety of other things. If everyone made a real effort despite not gaining anything following it, this world could be a better place. Too bad people can truly be illogical, unreasonable and self-centered..