• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hans0solo

hans0solo

Dec 10, 2021
So a parent of a child who died by this stuff wants to sue Amazon and wonders why its allowed to be sold at all or why its not restricted. what do you think should be done: nothing, remove the item off Amazon, make Amazon pay, make a law restricting its sale, or what? Do you think talking about these substances and their possible antidotes, warning signs, etc. would be useful for suicide prevention? Should this information be restricted?

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
So a parent of a child who died by this stuff wants to sue Amazon and wonders why its allowed to be sold at all or why its not restricted. what do you think should be done: nothing, remove the item off Amazon, make Amazon pay, make a law restricting its sale, or what? Do you think talking about these substances and their possible antidotes, warning signs, etc. would be useful for suicide prevention? Should this information be restricted?
Apparently there was an article about this somewhere, which was shared in a thread here a few days ago.

Shikamaru

Shikamaru

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ˚⁎⁺˳⋆ Misslilly 𓆩 ♡ 𓆪
Jun 13, 2022
I think it's more about the fact that they (Amazon) were 'suggesting' products to be sold together than can participate in taking someone's life 'eg. scales, the chemical product, a "how to handbook". I can completely understand how that is not something that should be suggested to anyone online , and I also think the 'chemical' should be age restricted so that vunruable
youth can't purchase it

Reactions: nixxeekes
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Amazon's algorithm is what suggests other products to go along with what you're buying or looking at. It does this for ANY product Amazon sells. There's nothing nefarious about this. It's really no different than the new car salesman who sells you a car and then tries to sell you floor mats afterwards.

Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
I was buying lube on Amazon and they suggested I also purchase 300 foam darts. I admit that gave me pause. 97B6049A 1F6A 488E A982 33FD7F0A796D

• Yay!
Reactions: lachrymost, Finding Sirius, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 4 others
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
Amazon's algorithm is what suggests other products to go along with what you're buying or looking at. It does this for ANY product Amazon sells. There's nothing nefarious about this. It's really no different than the new car salesman who sells you a car and then tries to sell you floor mats afterwards.

they just need someone blame

Reactions: Finding Sirius, hush hush, StolenLife and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If they removed the option of SN all this would lead to is people attempting more risky and unreliable methods potentially causing them to end up with damage from a failed attempt. It wouldn't stop suicide at all. There is no way to prevent suicide in a life like this, people will find ways no matter what and why should suicide be something to be prevented anyway. What is the purpose to suffering for decades on end. I see none. If someone wants to leave then they should be able to exit in a reliable way, suicide should be viewed as a personal choice, if people want to live then that's fine for them but it doesn't mean that they should try to force others to, it's unfair.

• Informative
Reactions: oddplague, Finding Sirius, Minibosterita and 5 others
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
It's a curing salt it does not need to be removed. Further restrictions will probably make it harder to buy by targeting individuals. IE: looking into their data as they purchase a product and determining what they will use it for.

Reactions: StateofStasis
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
I think the way some media outlets are reporting on suicides is a much bigger problem compared to Amazon selling a pickling salt.

European news agencies follow specific (mostly self-imposed) reporting standards. They do not name methods as directly as US or UK media does. Especially when it is a celebrity who died and it can garner attention/clicks.

If the US actually wanted to limit suicides, especially those by easily influenced people who are actively in a crisis, they could regulate how media reports on suicides in the first place.

But they don't.

I mean, hell, they don't even regulate guns to prevent school shootings.

Because it really isn't about suicide prevention.
Or about children being killed at school.

It's all about "Freedom for me, for not for thee".
And clicks.
And making big $$$ by suing someone.
And blaming anyone but themselves.

Reactions: Made4TV and DetachedDreamer97
J

just_wanna_die

Jun 2, 2021
All the more reason for anyone on here to get a hold of SN now (or anything else as inexpensive/accessible/reliable as SN that may be discovered in the future) while the window of opportunity is wide open. We all know that window will eventually be closed as the information spreads.

• Informative
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and blue_muse
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Personally it just feels like they're trying to "solve" suicide by making it inaccessible which. Doesn't actually solve anything. It's just forcing people to live against their will. If they care about suicide then I wish they'd at least redirect their energies towards improving our screwed up systems and making real help more accessible. I get not wanting people to die, but the way they're going about it is more likely to cause harm than anything.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Personally it just feels like they're trying to "solve" suicide by making it inaccessible which. Doesn't actually solve anything. It's just forcing people to live against their will. If they care about suicide then I wish they'd at least redirect their energies towards improving our screwed up systems and making real help more accessible. I get not wanting people to die, but the way they're going about it is more likely to cause harm than anything.
They're never going to change... that's why at this point, I decided I'm gonna help suicidals or depressed people regain their will to live through suicide. Help give them a voice. And fight back.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine and makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
So a parent of a child who died by this stuff wants to sue Amazon and wonders why its allowed to be sold at all or why its not restricted. what do you think should be done: nothing, remove the item off Amazon, make Amazon pay, make a law restricting its sale, or what? Do you think talking about these substances and their possible antidotes, warning signs, etc. would be useful for suicide prevention? Should this information be restricted? The whole point of the internet is to be able to find information.