TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024
I know that most people advice against it, and I wouldn't if I had another option, but the thing is– I don't. I'm unable to get SN, can't compress my carotid arteries, don't have a gun, too much of a coward to jump from a building, same with jumping in front of a train. Tried plastic bag around my head, always end up taking it off no matter how much I tell myself I should pass out soon.

So, that leaves me with either a water overdose or a (table) salt overdose. And I'll go with salt. Mostly because I don't think I'll be able to drink +10L of water, lmao. I've read a lot about it, and the hypernatremia symptoms scare the shit out of me (especially the seizures and brain swelling), but either that or risking whatever may come from getting hit by a train, which is a big no.

I won't do it right now, probably not even today, since I want to be sure I have at least almost the whole day alone. But once I get the chance, I'll ingest around 200-300g of salt, which should in theory be lethal. Mix it with water, drink. Then, go to sleep. Hopefully, next time I open my eyes I'm not here. And if I am, as long as I die soon after, it's fine. If it doesn't work, then I don't really know what else.

Reactions: davidtorez
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
I just genuinely don't think this will work, and you'll more than likely just wind up being super sick or something. Especially because the human body is pretty good at keeping itself alive and you'll probably just be in a crazy amount of pain while your body tries to kick out as much of it as possible.

shrug, I'm no expert, just my thoughts.

Reactions: davidtorez and kilowatt
tauntisha

tauntisha

i found solace in my own solitude.
Aug 11, 2024
i really don't mean to sound rude, but this is just plain dumb.

you're more likely to puke a ton & then be super sick

nevertheless, i wish you luck, friend

Reactions: davidtorez
TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024
i really don't mean to sound rude, but this is just plain dumb.

you're more likely to puke a ton & then be super sick

nevertheless, i wish you luck, friend
Yikes. I guess I'm just extremely desperate at this point. I've read about cases where people (healthy adults my age) died from lower or similar amounts of salt, so I thought I could give it a try. I still think I'll do it, since I don't have anything else.

Reactions: davidtorez and Aprilfarewell4
tauntisha

tauntisha

i found solace in my own solitude.
Aug 11, 2024
Yikes. I guess I'm just extremely desperate at this point. I've read about cases where people (healthy adults my age) died from lower or similar amounts of salt, so I thought I could give it a try. I still think I'll do it, since I don't have anything else.
Yeah, this seems like an impulse decision.
i suggest you take the time to research other ctb methods
perhaps read the megathread!

best wishes, stranger

Reactions: davidtorez and 3/4Dead
A

Aprilfarewell4

Mage
Apr 9, 2024
Some people have done it using soy sauce. I'm sorry I don't know more about it. I don't like my method either but few of us are afforded a peaceful exit. I'm sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2
waningmoth

waningmoth

Aug 29, 2023
Table salt is an emetic. It used to be given mixed in high doses with water to cause vomiting, for example in accidental poisonings.

I cant imagine much will happen besides extreme nausea and prolonged vomiting as your body wont absorb the salt

Reactions: davidtorez and 3/4Dead
Old

Old

Apr 25, 2024
Please don't do it. Table salt could lead to stroke which wouldn't feel good.

You mentioned a plastic bag around your head. By hyperventilating for a couple minutes, then inhaling deodorant spray through a towel you can lower your oxygen levels and you won't feel the pain of suffocation. I'm not recommendign it because it is against the rules, but you mentioned that method. Investigate more about the deodorant method and it can be combined with drowning or plastic bag (drowning is better).

Please do not use table salt or water overdose. I would only do those if I had literally no other choice and I wanted to ctb desperately. Again, I beg you not to use table salt.

Reactions: mistymoo, davidtorez and alltoomuch2
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I've done both water and salt overdoses as forms of self harm. With the salt, I intentionally restricted my fluid for days to dehydrate myself first, and the chose a food that was INCREDIBLY high in sodium, as straight salt will make you vomit immediately. I ate it and was incredibly nauseous, had a horrific headache, was thirsty beyond belief, dizzy, and just overall felt like shit. Next thing you know I was guzzling water like there was no tomorrow. If you have a healthy heart and healthy kidneys, your body will compensate and before you know it SI kicks in and you're drinking. It's the same deal with water overdose. If you have good, hearty kidneys, your body will flush it all out before anything major happens. People who die from this have underlying conditions such as electrolyte abnormalities, poor kidney function, poor heart function, etc that override their body's ability to compensate. The human body is resilient beyond belief.

• Hugs
Reactions: alltoomuch2 and CatLvr
TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024
Please don't do it. Table salt could lead to stroke which wouldn't feel good.

You mentioned a plastic bag around your head. By hyperventilating for a couple minutes, then inhaling deodorant spray through a towel you can lower your oxygen levels and you won't feel the pain of suffocation. I'm not recommendign it because it is against the rules, but you mentioned that method. Investigate more about the deodorant method and it can be combined with drowning or plastic bag (drowning is better).

Please do not use table salt or water overdose. I would only do those if I had literally no other choice and I wanted to ctb desperately. Again, I beg you not to use table salt.
Thank you for your reply. I'll try the deodorant thing first, but sadly I don't have many hopes for it. I read that huffing deodorant could lead to sudden cardiac arrest, so I did it as much as I could, and it does absolutely nothing to me. Then again, I'll give it a try because maybe hyperventilating helps.

Sadly, as you said, I have literally nothing else to ctb other than salt. The seizures and strokes part scares me a lot, but if I die (which in theory, I should) then it's good. There are many things far more painless.
There are many things far more painless.
I meant painful, lol.

Reactions: Old
maniac116

maniac116

Aug 10, 2024
I know that most people advice against it, and I wouldn't if I had another option, but the thing is– I don't. I'm unable to get SN, can't compress my carotid arteries, don't have a gun, too much of a coward to jump from a building, same with jumping in front of a train. Tried plastic bag around my head, always end up taking it off no matter how much I tell myself I should pass out soon.

So, that leaves me with either a water overdose or a (table) salt overdose. And I'll go with salt. Mostly because I don't think I'll be able to drink +10L of water, lmao. I've read a lot about it, and the hypernatremia symptoms scare the shit out of me (especially the seizures and brain swelling), but either that or risking whatever may come from getting hit by a train, which is a big no.

I won't do it right now, probably not even today, since I want to be sure I have at least almost the whole day alone. But once I get the chance, I'll ingest around 200-300g of salt, which should in theory be lethal. Mix it with water, drink. Then, go to sleep. Hopefully, next time I open my eyes I'm not here. And if I am, as long as I die soon after, it's fine. If it doesn't work, then I don't really know what else.
That's not a great idea!
Water intoxication will be slow, and just a shot in the dark as to whether it would work at all. Terrible cramping as you lose electrolytes etc.
Salt poisoning is a worse idea, sorry.
That amount of table salt would be hard to inject let alone keep down. You may wind up with heart & kidney damage making your life even more challenging & depressing.
I just would hate to see you making yourself ill...
Just my 2 cents...