Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Possibly provoking a reaction from the moderation team, per:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/site-is-too-much-like-social-media.11391/

'This thread has been closed. This discussion has become an extremely repetitive argument which has become very hurtful and bothersome to many.'

Does anyone need a 'safe space' ?

Reactions: Sixfeetunder, Deafsn0w, littlelady774 and 2 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Hm, I'm split on this one. I don't want to censor anyone or their opinions but at the same time, I don't want anyone to end up upset

Reactions: littlelady774, 21Neberg, CFLoser and 6 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Not gonna lie I didn't really read the thread but it seemed explosive. If I see something I don't like on here I typically just dont open the thread anymore and unwatch the thread. Also if someone is rude I block them

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, WayOut, littlelady774 and 8 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
It made me a bit sad tbh - I think the mods work hard and it seemed like someone was saying you need to do xyz but when the site has just been attacked and admin has been working it's socks off to keep it here for us, the timing to be all ferocious and want changes seems all wrong. And in feedback they do say they are working on new changes to make things a new experience for us all.

I guess we all have good days and bad days :-(

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, wiIIow, WayOut and 14 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
It made me a bit sad tbh - I think the mods work hard and it seemed like someone was saying you need to do xyz but when the site has just been attacked and admin has been working it's socks off to keep it here for us, the timing to be all ferocious and want changes seems all wrong. And in feedback they do say they are working on new changes to make things a new experience for us all.

I guess we all have good days and bad days :-(
I think the site is great tbh. With all these users it's impossible to make everyone happy

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, agreement, littlelady774 and 5 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I kind of treat this site like a safe space and tend to avoid the drama/arguments because: 1) I don't come here to get stressed out and 2) I don't want to upset anyone because of the nature of this website.

That said, I have to admit that thread was pretty entertaining. I also think the mods do a great job in general. :)

Reactions: Circles, VoloFataliDoce, WayOut and 9 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
I kind of treat this site like a safe space and tend to avoid the drama/arguments because: 1) I don't come here to get stressed out and 2) I don't want to upset anyone because of the nature of this website.

That said, I have to admit that thread was pretty entertaining. I also think the mods do a great job in general. :)
Same, unfortunately, I got carried away and posted something in That thread.

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, WayOut, About_to_Go and 5 others
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
Not gonna lie I didn't really read the thread but it seemed explosive. If I see something I don't like on here I typically just dont open the thread anymore and unwatch the thread. Also if someone is rude I block them

I think this the best way to be safe on this site. And it applies to other media sites as well. Disengaging from toxic people or people whom you feel uncomfortable sharing with is a necessity. Of course, it's not always easy to identify who might be problematic. I took a vacation from here because I was feeling better and I was overwhelmed by trying to fit in..Now I really don't worry about fitting in. I also want to avoid inadvertently hurting others. I know perfectly well I can take things personally and lash out with the best of them. I did read the thread. I think the decision to halt it was prudent.

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, About_to_Go, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it's silly to get worked up over the like system in any form or way. It has no real bearing on post quality because we are getting more users over time, so the number of likes per post will inevitably go up. That may skew a person's perception of an older user in that they may appear to have posted not so great stuff. It could also make older users who care about likes feel hard done by. But beyond that it's really not a thing. It's just part of the forum software. I think most people realize that.

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, wiIIow, WayOut and 8 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I think the safe space is built into the site. It is your choice to engage in a thread or not. There are many I read over or look at without responding. It is NOT that I'm being disrespectful, but the content or the state of my mind is not up for that discussion. It's not a slam on other users, nor is it personal. Like I've said many times before, if I disagree with what you have said, I am not attacking you personally, simply disagreeing with your statement. The site is fine, everyone just needs to understand that this is group of all walks of life, circumstances, and very unique difficulties.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, VoloFataliDoce, WayOut and 6 others
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Per @faex42 'I think this the best way to be safe on this site. And it applies to other media sites as well.'

When I registered here, I did not see this forum as 'media' (medium?). I guess the word is intended as in 'social media', but that's my interpretation.

Per @ReadyasEver , 'I think the safe space is built into the site.'

I don't know if anyone noticed some irony/sarcasm/twist on what happened/ on my part. I'm not so young, and I don't think I ever heard the phrase 'safe space' prior to the 21st century.

As in #1, maybe a special feature/section for those who are sensitive. Or maybe people should be expected to deal with unpleasant criticism ...
Or maybe the best way to put this: whatever happened to the old fashioned 'deal with it' ?

I've been on the receiving end of unpleasant comments, derailment of threads. Per the latter, as a rule I could not get any other action from the mods than closing a thread !

Maybe my post is too early, but #1 was intended as something to think about.

Reactions: VoloFataliDoce, littlelady774 and lemmeeleev
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I'm on a college campus right now so I'm surrounded by "safe spaces".

Reactions: Arak and lemmeeleev
iHeartRockArt

iHeartRockArt

Wizard
Sep 21, 2018
The last thread was closed for a reason. That does not mean to post a link to it and get the userbase upset and involved in this particular subject again. Please stop creating new threads on this matter. You're welcome to PM me if you have an issue with the way I moderate the forum.

Reactions: About_to_Go, WayOut, stellabelle and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.