N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I feel very sad and depressed today. I really feel pretty shitty. I ruminate a lot. It is absurd at the last clinic stay the staff told me I felt too good for being in a clinic. Other patients were shocked about my pain when I talked about it. Other therapists gave me up prior to that and thought there is no way for recovery for me. It happened a lot since then. But I am very sensitive and when the clinic boss told me I would feel too good this discentives me to search for help now. I feel trapped in my situation. I hate my life. I am suicidal since a decade and I have so many mental health conditions. My life quality is so poor.

Here some facts on life which resemble my current mood and relation to life: Warning if this makes you sad you might should stop reading it:

-In most cases the survivors of abuse suffer way more than the culprits when they receive their punishment, many don't even receive any for their actions

-Globally, an estimated 736 million women—almost one in three—have been subjected to physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence, non-partner sexual violence, or both at least once in their life (30 per cent of women aged 15 and older)

-In the meantime, approximately 793 million people are starving around the world, according to the U.N. That makes up about 11 percent of the population. Of the 793 million, more than 100 million suffer from severe malnutrition and risk starving to death.

-There were an estimated 18.1 million cancer cases around the world in 2020.

-Approximately 280 million people in the world have depression

Fast facts: Global poverty
  • 719 million people — 9.2% of the world's population — are living on less than $2.15 a day.
  • Children and youth account for two-thirds of the world's poor, and women represent a majority in most regions.
  • Extreme poverty is largely concentrated in sub-Saharan Africa.
  • 24% of the world's population, which equates to 1.9 billion people, live in fragile contexts, characterized by impoverished conditions and dire circumstances.
  • By 2030, more than half of the world's poor will live in fragile contexts.
  • About 63% of people older than 15 who live in extreme poverty have no schooling or only some basic education.
  • 1.2 billion people in 111 developing countries live in multidimensional poverty, accounting for 19% of the world's population.
  • 593 million children are experiencing multidimensional poverty.
  • Over 37 million people were living in poverty in the U.S. in 2021. Children account for 11.1 million of those.
    (interestingly the next thing the website says is the following: Learn what the Bible says about poverty)

-Last year a record number, 68.5 million people, were displaced due to violence and conflict. 120 million people worldwide depend on some sort of humanitarian assistance.

-More than 700 000 people die due to suicide every year. That is approximately 1 person every 40 seconds.

There are probably also a lot of positive facts on life. Maybe I will do one in recovery in the future but today I feel pretty fucked up. Sorry for the negatvity. However maybe some facts are comforting that one is not the only one on this planet who is going through hell.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: canyouseeme, redeyepiranha, Unending and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This world is undeniably such a hellish place, anyone who has awareness can recognise this, I really doubt that there is anything positive about enduring this futile struggle. I wish that nobody decided to procreate in the first place as it would have prevented all of this, people should just leave the nonexistent alone, it's cruel to bring life into this harmful world. And it's all just so unnecessary as well, life certainly never needed to exist. Pointing out facts about life isn't being too negative, it's just being realistic.

Reactions: TooConscious
Shinobu

Shinobu

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 5, 2023
holy shit 1 every 40 seconds jesus

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
There is also the fact that more animals than I could fill a stadium with have been killed violently in the time it took me to type this. That's a pretty depressing one.