SanguineShark

SanguineShark

I am the monster you created
Jun 23, 2023
Don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose of this forum, but I can't help just being sad knowing how that people suffer enough to want to ctb.. I really wish I could help them somehow, but I also know how it feels to be desperate for death, and how no one here would be able to help me. I wish people didn't have to go through what I go through.. Life is such a bitch for being so painful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: en-bat-y, R_N, ThanatopicFugue and 32 others
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I get what you're saying. You see people post their goodbyes and you relate heavily, thinking about how much they suffered to get to that point etc. You think about their last moments. It's sad to think about.

Unfortunately, we're all strangers in a strange land and for a lot of us, there's no way back.

I think we're an empathic community at heart, though and for others to suggest otherwise and demonise us, is absolute nonsense.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, en-bat-y, KsmŠøda and 7 others
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
I get what you're saying. You see people post their goodbyes and you relate heavily, thinking about how much they suffered to get to that point etc. You think about their last moments. It's sad to think about.

Unfortunately, we're all strangers in a strange land and for a lot of us, there's no way back.

I think we're an empathic community at heart, though and for others to suggest otherwise and demonise us, is absolute nonsense.
Yeah, I also just wish people didn't have to choose to ctb, like I wish there was another way.. but I know it's kinda foolish thinking, as I mentioned, I don't see a future for myself as I just don't have the energy to try anymore. I suffered so much all my life, I was suicidal for almost 10 years now... If I was about to ctb and say my goodbies, there's nothing a random user could do to help me. So I know there is nothing I can do to help, I bet nobody wants to hear me talk about therapy or psychiatrists, and that's stupid of me to do as well, as the system is not helping me either. I feel like I'm supposed to act, to prevent death you know? Like when you see someone drown, you want to jump into the water. But it's hopeless to even try, as it won't do shit at this point. Suicide is just part of our society, I'm just in a place where I see it happen closely.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: en-bat-y, ThanatopicFugue, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
A

AerialBoundaries

Sep 18, 2022
Yeah, I also just wish people didn't have to choose to cbt, like I wish there was another way.. but I know it's kinda foolish thinking, as I mentioned, I don't see a future for myself as I just don't have the energy to try anymore. I suffered so much all my life, I was suicidal for almost 10 years now... If I was about to ctb and say my goodbies, there's nothing a random user could do to help me. So I know there is nothing I can do to help, I bet nobody wants to hear me talk about therapy or psychiatrists, and that's stupid of me to do as well, as the system is not helping me either. I feel like I'm supposed to act, to prevent death you know? Like when you see someone drown, you want to jump into the water. But it's hopeless to even try, as it won't do shit at this point. Suicide is just part of our society, I'm just in a place where I see it happen closely.
Absolutely. The 'system' wants mentally struggling people to die. There's a reason that mental health services never get invested in, globally.

It's natural to try and interject and stop someone from dying, even if it's inevitable. I do the same, even though I'm in the same position as them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: en-bat-y, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
Absolutely. The 'system' wants mentally struggling people to die. There's a reason that mental health services never get invested in, globally.

It's natural to try and interject and stop someone from dying, even if it's inevitable. I do the same, even though I'm in the same position as them.
I have tried therapy, various types of medication for many years, psychiatrists, even went to a psychiatric hospital... and look where I am. I don't think I got hurt or made feel worse, but I do still struggle the same, I might even say my mental state has just been gradually getting worse over the years. I know there are people who can get better with meds and therapy, but I hate how society forces EVERYONE to just struggle and suffer because "maybe you can recover". Of course I still recommend people to at least try medication and therapy, but if you try again and again, you should just be able to die if you want. I personally do prefer dying without anyone close knowing, I want it to be private and alone. Alternative would be dying by the hands of someone I'd love or just dying together in a double suicide with someone I'd love. Honestly I wish I was in a bad enough mental state to start planning ctb again, but the truth is that I'm in between. Still not feeling good enough to help myself in any way, but also not bad enough to ctb. Sorry for the random rambling, I guess I have a lot on my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: en-bat-y, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
It doesn't help that mental illness isn't taken seriously or understood at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: en-bat-y, Praestat_Mori, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
A

AerialBoundaries

Sep 18, 2022
I have tried therapy, various types of medication for many years, psychiatrists, even went to a psychiatric hospital... and look where I am. I don't think I got hurt or made feel worse, but I do still struggle the same, I might even say my mental state has just been gradually getting worse over the years. I know there are people who can get better with meds and therapy, but I hate how society forces EVERYONE to just struggle and suffer because "maybe you can recover". Of course I still recommend people to at least try medication and therapy, but if you try again and again, you should just be able to die if you want. I personally do prefer dying without anyone close knowing, I want it to be private and alone. Alternative would be dying by the hands of someone I'd love or just dying together in a double suicide with someone I'd love. Honestly I wish I was in a bad enough mental state to start planning ctb again, but the truth is that I'm in between. Still not feeling good enough to help myself in any way, but also not bad enough to ctb. Sorry for the random rambling, I guess I have a lot on my mind.
No need to say sorry. We all can relate.

Society tries to paint a positive picture, but they don't endure the same struggles as people that are perpetually mentally ill. Sometimes, there is just no getting better. They can't fathom that, as they've never experienced it.

The whole "talk to someone" and "try medication" thing, is insulting. They assume you haven't tried that already.

If they could live a day in the life, they wouldn't last 12 hours.

Reactions: en-bat-y, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
It doesn't help that mental illness isn't taken seriously or understood at all.
Yep, I'm very very mentally ill, but most people don't seem to be understanding or empathetic.
No need to say sorry. We all can relate.

Society tries to paint a positive picture, but they don't endure the same struggles as people that are perpetually mentally ill. Sometimes, there is just no getting better. They can't fathom that, as they've never experienced it.

The whole "talk to someone" and "try medication" thing, is insulting. They assume you haven't tried that already.

If they could live a day in the life, they wouldn't last 12 hours.
Yep.. and worst part is how taboo the topic of suicide is. I mentioned it to my friends once, when I was at the psychiatric hospital and wanted to explain that I had a ctb plan, but I decided to seek help instead. It was.. awkward. Basically I said it and one friend was kinda trying to respond? But didn't say much. The other just said she can't continue the conversation and just thanked me for seeking help an healing myself. But you need to understand that the second friend is traumatized after her best friend commited suicide two years ago, she has a hard time handling that topic. Still.. it's like... their reaction didn't really encourage me to tell them about this sort of thing again.. it's not that it was a mistake but rather, what's the point? If they do save me from a try, then it will just make things weird again, maybe even cause them to cut some of the contact with me. It's probably hard for them to see someone just fail again and again to recover, it's like looking at a trainwreck. I feel like there's no benefit in telling non-suicidal people about my feelings, they simply will never ever get it. Only one best friend of mine gets it, and it's because she's also very suicidal and also very mentally ill like I am. Suicide is just something you only understand once you've been suicidal.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: en-bat-y, LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
A

AerialBoundaries

Sep 18, 2022
Yep, I'm very very mentally ill, but most people don't seem to be understanding or empathetic.

Yep.. and worst part is how taboo the topic of suicide is. I mentioned it to my friends once, when I was at the psychiatric hospital and wanted to explain that I had a ctb plan, but I decided to seek help instead. It was.. awkward. Basically I said it and one friend was kinda trying to respond? But didn't say much. The other just said she can't continue the conversation and just thanked me for seeking help an healing myself. But you need to understand that the second friend is traumatized after her best friend commited suicide two years ago, she has a hard time handling that topic. Still.. it's like... their reaction didn't really encourage me to tell them about this sort of thing again.. it's not that it was a mistake but rather, what's the point? If they do save me from a try, then it will just make things weird again, maybe even cause them to cut some of the contact with me. It's probably hard for them to see someone just fail again and again to recover, it's like looking at a trainwreck. I feel like there's no benefit in telling non-suicidal people about my feelings, they simply will never ever get it. Only one best friend of mine gets it, and it's because she's also very suicidal and also very mentally ill like I am. Suicide is just something you only understand once you've been suicidal.
If we were more aware and supportive about people's mental struggles, there'd be less suicides. You're left to deal with it on your own. Having a decent support structure would save a lot of lives. Maybe not a lot of us here, but certainly a lot of people that kill themselves after short term mental illness.

I want people to live a day in the life. My life. See how I feel. Then they'll understand. I'm not ignoring texts and calls because I'm a prick. I would never do that. At the same time, I struggle to relate to people other than those struggling mentally. It's very isolating.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: en-bat-y, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
If we were more aware and supportive about people's mental struggles, there'd be less suicides. You're left to deal with it on your own. Having a decent support structure would save a lot of lives. Maybe not a lot of us here, but certainly a lot of people that kill themselves after short term mental illness.

I want people to live a day in the life. My life. See how I feel. Then they'll understand. I'm not ignoring texts and calls because I'm a prick. I would never do that. At the same time, I struggle to relate to people other than those struggling mentally. It's very isolating.
I think there's like a "socially acceptable level of mental illness" xD
People seem to have more empathy for people who are able to manage their symptoms better, but once you're at your rock bottom, struggling and suicidal, then nobody wants to hear it.

And I understand what you mean, I overreact a lot and I'm always assuming the worst, that annoys the hell out of people. They don't seem to understand that I have a literal personality disorder, and it's hard to control this shit. I'm constantly in fucking emotional hell, they demand me to act "normal", without understanding that I never will be what they consider "normal", and then I'm shunned away, I'm not wanted.

• Hugs
Reactions: en-bat-y, Wehmut, LonelyKitten and 3 others
A

AerialBoundaries

Sep 18, 2022
I think there's like a "socially acceptable level of mental illness" xD
People seem to have more empathy for people who are able to manage their symptoms better, but once you're at your rock bottom, struggling and suicidal, then nobody wants to hear it.

And I understand what you mean, I overreact a lot and I'm always assuming the worst, that annoys the hell out of people. They don't seem to understand that I have a literal personality disorder, and it's hard to control this shit. I'm constantly in fucking emotional hell, they demand me to act "normal", without understanding that I never will be what they consider "normal", and then I'm shunned away, I'm not wanted.
Absolutely. The whole "act normal" shit is just their way of trying to sidestep those struggling mentally. They can't relate and they don't want to hear about it. It's an uncomfortable truth.

You're right, though. The worse you get, the less people want to know of you. You don't burden people at all, yet they see you as a burden.

They're scared to deal with their own demons.

• Love
Reactions: en-bat-y, Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
Absolutely. The whole "act normal" shit is just their way of trying to sidestep those struggling mentally. They can't relate and they don't want to hear about it. It's an uncomfortable truth.

You're right, though. The worse you get, the less people want to know of you. You don't burden people at all, yet they see you as a burden.

They're scared to deal with their own demons.
Yeah, it's sad honestly. People only truly care after you're dead.

Reactions: en-bat-y, LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
honestly I feel little bit of joy for them when I see their method that seem peaceful. at least they get to die in the exact way they want. finally getting a relif. I admit I feel a little bit jealous that they got to do it while I'm still wrestling with my SI. I hope all of their death was as peaceful as possible!

Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action āš°ļøāš°ļøāš°ļø
Oct 13, 2023
It's fucked up watching people literally die on here. I always try to say to them that I don't recommend killing themselves whenever they announce their plan for it. Even if it takes a year or two, I feel like you can eventually find ways to, at the very least, cope with your suffering better by then. Maybe something far better than just coping could work out for you too, maybe you can find a awesome person in your life that'll make you want to stay around by that time. It's not a promise, but it's not impossible either

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: skaro, SanguineShark, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Ī•. Ī—. R.

Ī•. Ī—. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
This night it was hard to read the avaruus thread. I cried. As well as from several farewell topics and stories here.
Although I understand that I need ctb, understand that no one can understand me - I think he could have been helped, he shouldn't have done that.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SanguineShark, Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Yeah i feel that. Knowing people are in enough pain to cbt (even though thats why were all here lol) is sad even if you didnt rlly know them. Seeing avaruus go even though i never spoke to them was sad. I always enjoyed seeing there posts. Im just glad they wont be in so much pain anymore

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
D

Deleted member 65988

It's fucked up watching people literally die on here. I always try to say to them that I don't recommend killing themselves whenever they announce their plan for it. Even if it takes a year or two, I feel like you can eventually find ways to, at the very least, cope with your suffering better by then. Maybe something far better than just coping could work out for you too, maybe you can find a awesome person in your life that'll make you want to stay around by that time. It's not a promise, but it's not impossible either
Dunno, I personally wouldn't stick around just because by some off chance you've found someone awesome, it's best to not get comfortable with the idea of them being around. Although I do agree, maybe if ways can be found to cope then it's an alternative to ctb even though I'm clutching my SN tightly as possible.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It's definitely sad seeing people go . I've chatted with some really nice people on this forum who are no longer here.
I'm happy that they found the courage to finally go and find release from suffering.

Reactions: en-bat-y and Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

It's definitely sad seeing people go . I've chatted with some really nice people on this forum who are no longer here.
I'm happy that they found the courage to finally go and find release from suffering.
Been quite a few people that have been gone lately, Stepz being one of them who came to me for help for their SN regimen and riellending too, I spoke to them as they were taking their sn.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Been quite a few people that have been gone lately, Stepz being one of them who came to me for help for their SN regimen and riellending too, I spoke to them as they were taking their sn.
Yes, I've noticed a lot of people are going lately. I think you are strong for speaking to them as they took sn. I've only done this once as I spoke to cscott as she was close to completing her sn regimen, it's Incredibly sad, yet I guess you just have to keep your emotions at bay and be happy that they will soon be free from suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: en-bat-y and Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes, I've noticed a lot of people are going lately. I think you are strong for speaking to them as they took sn. I've only done this once as I spoke to cscott as she was close to completing her sn regimen, it's Incredibly sad, yet I guess you just have to keep your emotions at bay and be happy that they will soon be free from suffering.
Oh you spoke to Cscott, that's interesting and she left not too long after Toofargone did. The last thing Riellending said to me was how they could understand why people do vomit after he drank SN and that was Saturday, October 14th at 8pm. It was hard to sit through and even I didn't know what to make of it since.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I'd only ever wish for nothingness, I don't wish for another way. I don't have any interest in suffering in this existence and I'd prefer to be at peace, I see death as a relief. At least those gone now are free from having the ability to suffer in this harmful and cruel existence, they are peacefully unaware of everything, I envy them.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
but once you're at your rock bottom, struggling and suicidal, then nobody wants to hear it.
This exactly.
Once you reach down below a certain level of broken, no matter how close you were to someone, they will drop you.

I think it can be a combination of factors - their own tolerance to stress (especially if they genuinely care about you, it'd hurt to see you hurt), whether they feel they can actually help, or what is generally most common, wanting to have nothing to do with such a reality.
Using any means to deny it, as to not crack the healthier person's own, more positive, worldview in any way.
I think consciously and/or subconsciously, all humans have some degree of survival instinct and existential dread, even the most "functional" and "happy" of people, so it rattles some part of the majority inside, and they don't like it.

On the subject, I've just been thinking about this.
I see so many threads in such a short burst.
There seems this gloomy vibe to life rn, it feels almost as if something bad is around the corner - maybe others can feel it too.
It hurts to see them go, but I salute (and envy, too) their finding of peace.

What a paradox - the core element of this forum.
It is among the most accepting, least judgmental spaces, but like a severely sped-up version of life itself, you see everyone you become familiar with die before you, bit by bit.

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and en-bat-y
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
This exactly.
Once you reach down below a certain level of broken, no matter how close you were to someone, they will drop you.

I think it can be a combination of factors - their own tolerance to stress (especially if they genuinely care about you, it'd hurt to see you hurt), whether they feel they can actually help, or what is generally most common, wanting to have nothing to do with such a reality.
For my closest best friends it's 100% just painful for them to see me like this as they care a lot about me, and I put them under a lot of stress sometimes.
On the subject, I've just been thinking about this.
I see so many threads in such a short burst.
There seems this gloomy vibe to life rn, it feels almost as if something bad is around the corner - maybe others can feel it too.
It hurts to see them go, but I salute (and envy, too) their finding of peace.
I think this autumn might have hit a lot of people with seasonal depression, at least I feel very low and I'm dissociated every day past few days. I also isolated a bit from friends, I don't ask to hang out neither irl nor in vc. I only came to one halloween party last week, but that's about it. I wish I had some weed so I could make this depression burst easier for myself.
Though, I do not envy anyone who ctb here, I'm sad for them that it has had come to this. I myself wish I could have a normal, happy life, I wish everyone could, but I'm struggling enough to be suicidal for years, it's truly sad how bad we have it.
What a paradox - the core element of this forum.
It is among the most accepting, least judgmental spaces, but like a severely sped-up version of life itself, you see everyone you become familiar with die before you, bit by bit.
I always found depressed and struggling people to be the nicest ones around, they truly know what existential pain feels like, and know how it's like to be at war with yourself. Depressed and suicidal people always managed to cheer me up the most when times are hard, but sadly, the more caring and empathetic you are on this planet, the worse you have it. Life rewards ignorant, stupid assholes only.

• Love
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
It's not what I want but my body is literally torturing me. I'm totally alone. I can barely get out of bed because of pain and extreme sleep deprivation. I'll be homeless soon. I wish more than anything I had a loving family that wouldn't let me fall off the cliff but unfortunately that's not the case. Oftentimes I'm in such despair I live minute to minute. I'm sick of fighting a losing battle. Ctb is the last thing I want and I really wish things were different. No amount of therapy or happy pills can fix my physical problems. I'm a lost cause, and I'm terrified but I'm out of options.

• Hugs
  • Love
SanguineShark

SanguineShark

Jun 23, 2023
It's not what I want but my body is literally torturing me. I'm totally alone. I can barely get out of bed because of pain and extreme sleep deprivation. I'll be homeless soon. I wish more than anything I had a loving family that wouldn't let me fall off the cliff but unfortunately that's not the case. Oftentimes I'm in such despair I live minute to minute. I'm sick of fighting a losing battle. Ctb is the last thing I want and I really wish things were different. No amount of therapy or happy pills can fix my physical problems. I'm a lost cause, and I'm terrified but I'm out of options.
I'm very sorry to hear that, I wish you peace, no matter in what form.

Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I think this place makes me feel me the opposite. Everyone who ctb would have been suffering so much anyway, and knowing what that's like, I'm happy to think that they're getting the peace I wish I could get myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose of this forum, but I can't help just being sad knowing how that people suffer enough to want to ctb.. I really wish I could help them somehow, but I also know how it feels to be desperate for death, and how no one here would be able to help me. I wish people didn't have to go through what I go through.. Life is such a bitch for being so painful.
I 100% agree but we r all mortal. So overall it doesn't matter.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah... Life really must suck when beings suffer so much they want out sooner.

We can't even play this dumb game till the end because of how ridiculous it can get.

• Hugs