allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I'd like to put it out there. I'm am extremely suicidal and I won't stop at anything until I succeed, however I've noticed that whenever I think of suicide or planning it I'm never sad. I don't seem to cry or get upset, it just feels normal. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a passionate crying session. When I get deeply hurt I find rather than crying I feel a super sharp pain in my chest and I just sit there. Maybe I'm just weird I don't know. It's almost like I'm suicidal yet I'm not fully "depressed"? I still manage to take care of myself daily but I obsessively think about suicide and I know I was born to die. The thought about living is the only thing that seems to really stress me out and make me want to cry which is odd as it should be the other way around for any normal person. 8 days left though... I'm not gonna fail again. I'm promising myself that I won't fail.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amnesty, Brackenshire and Alec
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I am in the midst of depression and I don't cry. More just tired of life.

Reactions: strand and allym101
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I don't cry either. And I don't know why, I'm in so much pain and in so much sadness yet I can't cry. I used to cry a lot and hard but now I don't know it's as if it feels pointless to cry so I can't bring myself to cry because what's the point of it, what's it gonna solve. No matter how much pain I'm in I can't make myself cry, I also, just sit there, feeling it.

Reactions: Élégie and allym101
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I don't cry either. And I don't know why, I'm in so much pain and in so much sadness yet I can't cry. I used to cry a lot and hard but now I don't know it's as if it feels pointless to cry so I can't bring myself to cry because what's the point of it, what's it gonna solve. No matter how much pain I'm in I can't make myself cry, I also, just sit there, feeling it.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
For the most part a numbness has overtaken me. I know most of it has to be related to my medication. I'm just in survival mode. It's weird because I might tell one of my cats I love them, but I'll add, "as much as I can in my current condition".

Last edited:
Reactions: allym101
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
I don't know what causes it, but not crying is a symptom of depression as well. It's pretty confusing- but try not to invalidate your feelings just because of that.

Reactions: allym101
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
I can't cry. I try to. But I simply can't. That being said, I don't really feel sad either. I feel nothing. I don't feel passionate about anything. I don't feel upset. I don't care. It's quite surreal, and awful as well.

Reactions: Élégie, allym101 and FriendofDeath
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
I don't cry when I think about ctb, I don't feel sad thinking about ctb. I cry when I think about my mum, that's the only thought that makes me cry, otherwise I'm dead inside

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath
Velia

Velia

Mar 1, 2019
I can't cry either anymore, ctb only seems like a relief so there's nothing to cry about. It seems like i've shed so many tears already for years that there's nothing left.

• Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath