N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
If people sacrifice their life to save another life or protest against social disgrace it is seen as altruistic and honorable. But if you protest against your own misery. How unfair life has treated you, you are seen as selfish and a coward. It is so absurd to call people who ctb cowards. It can be a rational choice and in some cases i really don't get why people don't want to ctb. As I mentioned before. Every depressed person has suicidal thoughts (one experienced psychologist told me that) but many deny that because they feel ashamed. Suicide is so stigmatized.

• Hugs
Reactions: Obliviate, markimobzzdeasui, lanax09 and 16 others
A

Alamonocuricu

Apr 23, 2021
I don't see why people who suicide is considered a coward. It takes a lot of bravery to actually ctb.

Reactions: leavingsoon99, zenn7, fly away and 12 others
S

Susan472

Mar 13, 2021
I see it as a brave act as it's so hard to do

It shows the person has ultimate agency over their own life

How dare people who are often the very ones making life so unbearable make out it's a cowardly act

As opposed to murdering those making life so oppressive it's a noble act in my opinion

The irony is that those who want to die are those most needed on the planet to dilute the absolute wankers who make life so s**t
with their decency!

Stay and fight if you can but it's a personal choice that I totally respect

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, ConfusedAndWeird, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree, In this society there needs to be more acceptance towards suicide as an option. All the people who stigmatise those who commit suicide just haven't suffered enough themselves to understand it or are looking at it from an selfish viewpoint. It is absurd how we (at least in my country) have the choice of suffering or attempting methods that could go wrong and require secrecy to be able to be succsesful. Death is better than never ending suffering and wanting to die in many cases is certainly rational. Society needs to understand that.

Reactions: leavingsoon99, markimobzzdeasui, ConfusedAndWeird and 7 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
We just need to LARP and slap some important-sounding mission to our suicides then. I am personally very concerned about water usage so when I die I'll be known as the hero who sacrificed himself to leave water for others to drink. Valhalla awaits me.

• Yay!
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, noname223, Merlay and 4 others
One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
I don't see why people who suicide is considered a coward. It takes a lot of bravery to actually ctb.
For real, people be thinking it's easy to take your own life.

Reactions: whywere and Susan472
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
In US it's seen as honorable to die in a desert for some distant oil company profits , and dishonorable to drive a fuel efficient vehicle as opposed to a souped up SUV

Reactions: ConfusedAndWeird, Susan472, TicoDK and 2 others
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Yeah, a lot of average people are actually very eager to sacrifice themselves for a cause (country/family/honor/justice) because it's the only way to willingly die without being seen as weak.

Reactions: ConfusedAndWeird, Susan472 and Sunset Limited
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I lost some weight and that made me more of an angery boi. I have a pretty big reserve tank of frustrated, impotent rage that I can activate when I want to.

Reactions: Susan472
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Coward. No way. Takes a lot of strength to kill yourself. I'd like to see people who say it's cowardly cope if they ever got the illness. Ignorant pricks.

Reactions: noname223 and Susan472
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You're totally right.

What a nonsense world lol.

Reactions: Susan472
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I do not believe that cowardice or bravery exist - in my opinion. They are both words that are used to pressure people into doing what you want them to do; such as when a kid at school pressures their peers into trying drugs, and if they refuse they will be called a "chicken". For the sake of argument, though, I will imagine that I do believe these 2 concepts exist for a moment:

Cowardice (by the definition) is fueled by fear; humans have a fear of death which is part of our survival mechanism. To commit suicide requires a person to pass through that fear, and not to avoid it. Even if human beings did not have a natural fear of death this point would still stand; since not everybody who has taken their own life does so because they were frightened to live - they were just tired, or in pain, or for any number of other reasons.

If anything it is "cowardly" to be against suicide. People oppose it because they are afraid to confront the harsh reality that life can be unimaginably horrible for certain individuals, so much to the point that no amount of generic platitudes will improve the sufferers state. Every time a person witnesses or hears about another human taking their lives it reminds them of just how fragile their own bodies are, and that at any point they could be rendered crippled beyond repair too; in turn this threatens to shatter the illusion that life is always worth living no matter what, and it makes them very, very uncomfortable.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, FuneralCry, Susan472 and 1 other person
landojustwannactb

landojustwannactb

Apr 29, 2021
If people sacrifice their life to save another life or protest against social disgrace it is seen as altruistic and honorable. But if you protest against your own misery. How unfair life has treated you, you are seen as selfish and a coward. It is so absurd to call people who ctb cowards. It can be a rational choice and in some cases i really don't get why people don't want to ctb. As I mentioned before. Every depressed person has suicidal thoughts (one experienced psychologist told me that) but many deny that because they feel ashamed. Suicide is so stigmatized.
People who say suicide is cowardly obv hasnt tried killing themselves. I can tell u for a fact that it takes serious balls to exit life

Reactions: Zebedee, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Merlay and 1 other person