gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Anyone ever heard of or tried to obtain Seconal (secobarbital) instead of N (nembutal)? Why or why not? It is at least as strong as N, if not more so, and is apparently still prescribed for human use in the US and the UK, albeit rarely. Ok, more fair to say I don't know if it's prescribed at all, but it is still theoretically available for prescription use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, woxihuanni and TiredOfLife95
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
The only time I've ever heard of a seconal death, it was on one of those investigation discovery murder shows involving doctors. So I'm guessing it's pretty hard to obtain for normal people.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and DeathImminent
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
The only time I've ever heard of a seconal death, it was on one of those investigation discovery murder shows involving doctors. So I'm guessing it's pretty hard to obtain for normal people.
Well, sure, I'm just wondering if it's even possibly any easier to obtain than N, seeing as how N is limited only to veterinary use. I was thinking about putting out some feelers on India Mart... anyone else with any thoughts, please chime in!

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and woxihuanni
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
I am not totally sure but I do remember the concoctions of the final exit (1980) were already made using pentobarbital; there was one using secobarbital, but I guess nowadays seconal might be nothing used for.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and gingerplum
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Well, sure, I'm just wondering if it's even possibly any easier to obtain than N, seeing as how N is limited only to veterinary use. I was thinking about putting out some feelers on India Mart... anyone else with any thoughts, please chime in!

Well if you come across anything, it'd be a huge help to many of us. I don't have anything useful to add right now, though.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and gingerplum
JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
Looks like it is easy to obtain, don't know what the lethal dosage is, I had a quick google but could not find anything about the dosage.

Reactions: gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Looks like it is easy to obtain, don't know what the lethal dosage is, I had a quick google but could not find anything about the dosage.
Thank you. What gives you the impression that it's easy to obtain? Were you lucky enough to find a source?

Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
Both are expensive as hell and very difficult to obtain.

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I think it's a very similar, nearly identical situation. As a barbiturate it will work but will still be difficult to obtain. Both are banned (for human use) in Australia but Secobarbital is most commonly used in physician assisted suicide and euthanasia world wide. I think it'll be challenging to find, but certainly not impossible... My research suggests it is still prescribed for human use, but rarely. I imagine it would still be 'easier' to obtain the vet equivalent Somulose. I think the major issue with human S (Seconal) is the cost since it's owned by Valeant.

https: (remove this here for link) //mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-20/assisted-dying-what-is-need-from-drugs-for-voluntary-euthanasia/9069896

JimFord99

JimFord99

Enlightened
Aug 18, 2019
I just googled a bit, found several posts of people obtaining it without the help of DW, no customs issues. How genuine the post are is debatable, but still worth looking into it. Thanks for opening this thread. :hug:

Reactions: gingerplum
Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
I think it's a very similar, nearly identical situation. As a barbiturate it will work but will still be difficult to obtain. Both are banned (for human use) in Australia but Secobarbital is most commonly used in physician assisted suicide and euthanasia world wide. I think it'll be challenging to find, but certainly not impossible... My research suggests it is still prescribed for human use, but rarely. I imagine it would still be 'easier' to obtain the vet equivalent Somulose. I think the major issue with human S (Seconal) is the cost since it's owned by Valeant.

https: (remove this here for link) //mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-20/assisted-dying-what-is-need-from-drugs-for-voluntary-euthanasia/9069896

This is why I am hoping to expand the SN method. SN is very accessible and potentially very lethal. It could revolutionize the Right to Die movement. I think we should focus on accessible method than on dreams of obtaining substances we cannot reach.

Reactions: cctt00318
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
This is why I am hoping to expand the SN method. SN is very accessible and potentially very lethal. It could revolutionize the Right to Die movement. I think we should focus on accessible method than on dreams of obtaining substances we cannot reach.

It's really an individual choice, there are lots of ways to die... Every method will appeal to an individual for different reasons. Difficult does not mean impossible.

Reactions: JimFord99