Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Mental health, does it run through the family do you think?
I learnt today a great aunt was in a mental hospital in the 1940's, when she was released she walked out and within weeks committed suicide.
My mother herself I have recently learnt isn't mentally well, but she refuses to admit anything is wrong with her, (potential schizo, as well as BPD)
My brother has severe depression,
I am fucked, but I won't admit it!!
I am seeing traits in one of my children that is seriously concerning..>

Could this sort of thing run through genes? Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I believe it does I'm afraid. It's why I'd never have kids.

Reactions: SoupSnakes and Xaphous
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
My nephews are all showing signs.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
My nephews are all showing signs.

My son recently murdered our hamster, recently he's been saying voices tell him to do stuff, he has good voices and bad voices, apparently he has to listen to the bad voices though... he's 7!! its fucking scary! He described in school how he was going to cut his brothers throat in detail, I am fucking scared!!!
Yes, also epigenetically too.

gonna be honest and be thick and say I have never heard of that word....!!!

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
My son recently murdered our hamster, recently he's been saying voices tell him to do stuff, he has good voices and bad voices, apparently he has to listen to the bad voices though... he's 7!! its fucking scary! He described in school how he was going to cut his brothers throat in detail, I am fucking scared!!!

gonna be honest and be thick and say I have never heard of that word....!!!
Okay that does sound a bit odd...

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm not big on shrinks (who here is?) but maybe some professional advice? Maybe someone else on here has some insight. Schizophrenia maybe? I dunno, not really my area.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I'm not big on shrinks (who here is?) but maybe some professional advice? Maybe someone else on here has some insight. Schizophrenia maybe? I dunno, not really my area.
'
Have referrred him to CAAMHS but its a 2 yr waiting list, its bullshit!!

I can't beleive the great aunt who I never knew but one of my children is named after spent most of her adult life in a mental hospital! it's so weird, I am trying to find more info, but my mother is too far out of it to be able to remember anything fully

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I think it runs in my ex partner's family, mother's side. I mean their grandfather raped his own daughter...

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
I think some mental disorders do for sure as far as genetics, but I think the social environment and the patterns in it have a bigger impact.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
You mean is it an inherited trait? Absolutely. My grandma had a nervous breakdown. My aunt has anxiety....not serious....and my mother has anxiety.....as well as my aunt's son. So absolutely. I can tell my grandfather has some form of OCD.