toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
I did some research on running away as a young adult to see if it's something I can practically do if I don't want to ctb because of SI and I got a couple of plans and one of them is even decent tbh. Yet I'm still on the fence about what I would do if I reached that point. At best, what I could do is live away from my family and work some min. Wage job which is fine because I'm not looking for anything in particular in life, that's the problem. I have nowhere to go or anything I'd want, I'd just be shit on and feel bad or be forced to cope because I'm not participating and got left behind by the hypergamy nature of the world, of the rat race on who is the most successful and whatnot. So either I ctb or this, not looking good tbh. But maybe I'm missing something, that one day I can be "fixed" and I'll find what it is I wanna do in life or something idk... yeah I'm not so sure unfortunately...

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
When you speak of hypergamy do you mean in terms of romantic relationships?

Reactions: toseeyousmile
toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
When you speak of hypergamy do you mean in terms of romantic relationships?
Yeah and also just being on the grind, climbing the social ladder. The expectation that you gotta have your life together in terms of career and social life is just impossible with my mental, I wouldn't fit in let alone be able to grind life ig. I don't have the motivation to change myself either because my mental is doomed in a lot of ways.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The social ladder isn't for everyone. Some people find their fulfilment through arts, sports, charity or some sort of simple life. The problem with being young is that you've had the same narrative shoved down your throat for a lifetime without having had an opportunity to explore the alternatives.

In saying that, if the family is abusive and you have options to leave them and find employment, it is a course of action that I always recommend.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, No Entertainment and toseeyousmile
toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
The social ladder isn't for everyone. Some people find their fulfilment through arts, sports, charity or some sort of simple life. The problem with being young is that you've had the same narrative shoved down your throat for a lifetime without having had an opportunity to explore the alternatives.

In saying that, if the family is abusive and you have options to leave them and find employment, it is a course of action that I always recommend.
You're right, I believe in this narrative even now, even after seeing that a lot of people don't necessarily have their lives together by like 30 or something and are happy. Yet even so I don't have much else to believe in, idk what to look for or what to look at. And as for my family, I would like to leave hell I'd wanna be disowned and kicked out so that I can figure something out but if I try to run away they're gonna come looking and drag me back and try and set me on "the right path." Eventhough I clearly see that at least this path is not the one for me.

No Entertainment

No Entertainment

Life is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
Apr 25, 2022
Whatever your decision I just want to say goodluck

Reactions: toseeyousmile
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like a difficult situation to be in, and I can imagine that it must be stressful. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja