Emilia

Emilia

Jun 19, 2018
I'm Emilia.I'm 13,I ran away from home 1 month ago.I used to live with my mother,sister,and brother.I ran away they dont know where i stay now,and they dont care,thats ok i dont care about them either.I live with my friend and her dad now.They care about me,my family does not.I visit my family sometimes but they dont care,they dont even ask where i live now or if im ok.
I will never live with my family again.

Have one of you run away from home ?

Reactions: becca, Chloe, thickwing and 6 others
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Yea didnt have the same luck as you

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, FTL.Wanderer, Caerula and 2 others
T

Tiburcio

Nope I'm trapped.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, FTL.Wanderer, Final Escape and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If u are trapped u must try to get untrapped or u risk missed opportunities. Even if u gotta hitchhike your ass out lol! Especially if ure a guy it's easier to hitchhike your way to a better place with more opportunity. If you let doubt and fear of the unknown get to you, you will never get out. I remember being trapped b4 in living situations and I would always worry too much about things going wrong or I'm not prepared enough. I found that you just gotta do it and then things will fall into place as you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anarchy, Emilia, Caerula and 1 other person
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
If u are trapped u must try to get untapped or u risk missed opportunities. Even if u gotta hitchhike your ass out lol! Especially if ure a guy it's easier to hitchhike your way better opportunity.
It can still go wrong if your a guy

Reactions: Emilia, Caerula, FTL.Wanderer and 2 others
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
But i agree you should try and get out
If u are trapped u must try to get untapped or u risk missed opportunities. Even if u gotta hitchhike your ass out lol! Especially if ure a guy it's easier to hitchhike your way better opportunity.

Reactions: Emilia and Caerula
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It can still go wrong if your a guy
Yes it can but I've learned sometimes in life you must take risk, hopefully a somewhat calculated risk to escape shitty situations. Eventually you find something that works or people who are cool. This is especially true for younger people because you don't have lots of shit tying you down yet and you have the energy. It does get harder the more anchors you have.

Reactions: Emilia, Caerula and Tomasnil
T

Tiburcio

people who are cool. This is especially true for younger people because you don't have lots of shit tying you down yet and you have the energy
Not every young person has the energy. And at that age finding cool people is a feat.

Reactions: Emilia, Caerula and skitliv
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Yes it can but I've learned sometimes in life you must take risk, hopefully a somewhat calculated risk to escape shitty situations. Eventually you find something that works or people who are cool. This is especially true for younger people because you don't have lots of shit tying you down yet and you have the energy. It does get harder the more anchors you have.
That is tru
I was just answering out of personal experience most dont get what i got

Reactions: Emilia, Caerula and Final Escape
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I was miserable in college, so the day I graduated, instead of waiting around for our graduation ceremony, I left for another continent. In 20 years, I moved nearly every single year, searching in vain for a place to belong, people I could trust, make a "family" or collective with. I recently finally returned to the US to die. For some of us, there's no sanctuary anywhere else but in the final moment of our last heartbeat.

Reactions: Emilia, Caerula, Tiburcio and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
T
I was miserable in college, so the day I graduated, instead of waiting around for our graduation ceremony, I left for another continent. In 20 years, I moved nearly every single year, searching in vain for a place to belong, people I could trust, make a "family" or collective with. I recently finally returned to the US to die. For some of us, there's no sanctuary anywhere else but in the final moment of our last heartbeat.
That really sucks, I'm sorry. Why do you think it was hard to meet the right people? I have struggled as well with relationships especially before I realized I came from a narcissistic family dynamic. I was attracting or seeing people with these disorders as normal because that's how I grew up. That was the sick model for relationships I had.

Reactions: Emilia
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Thanks for the kindness. I can appreciate what you're saying--how upbringing affects even who we're attracted to, reach out for. I'm sure that's true for me, too. But I think my own failure is largely due to being a very strange person others just don't want to be around and to being too sensitive (for the world). I know so-so-so many people from really bad childhoods. It's always come out that they suffered as adults for this. But they generally can forge friendships and intimate partnerships--even just for a while. And then there are other people who, regardless what we do, just can't.

How have you coped?

Reactions: Emilia and thickwing
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the kindness. I can appreciate what you're saying--how upbringing affects even who we're attracted to, reach out for. I'm sure that's true for me, too. But I think my own failure is largely due to being a very strange person others just don't want to be around and to being too sensitive (for the world). I know so-so-so many people from really bad childhoods. It's always come out that they suffered as adults for this. But they generally can forge friendships and intimate partnerships--even just for a while. And then there are other people who, regardless what we do, just can't.

How have you coped?
I try to avoid toxic people and I'm also not so hard on myself when I fail in relationships or someone dumps, rejects, or ghosts me. I mean I've just tried to accept my brokenness in this department. I have started to embrace being alone more even though it gets to me at times. I do have some friends but not in Colorado yet because I haven't made much effort. I go to the gym, that helps keep me sane. I try to focus on taking care of myself and doing things that make me happy to deal with the shitty aspects of my life. I also try very hard to assert my boundaries and stand up for myself more than I used to. This is what is tough sometimes, telling people exactly what u want and how u feel. Because you worry they will react badly or something lol! That's some of the ways I cope.

Reactions: Emilia and FTL.Wanderer
Chloe

Chloe

Jun 24, 2018
I'm Emilia.I'm 13,I ran away from home 1 month ago.I used to live with my mother,sister,and brother.I ran away they dont know where i stay now,and they dont care,thats ok i dont care about them either.I live with my friend and her dad now.They care about me,my family does not.I visit my family sometimes but they dont care,they dont even ask where i live now or if im ok.
I will never live with my family again.

Have one of you run away from home ?
No.I want to.

Reactions: becca, Emilia and Final Escape
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I try to avoid toxic people and I'm also not so hard on myself when I fail in relationships or someone dumps, rejects, or ghosts me. I mean I've just tried to accept my brokenness in this department. I have started to embrace being alone more even though it gets to me at times. I do have some friends but not in Colorado yet because I haven't made much effort. I go to the gym, that helps keep me sane. I try to focus on taking care of myself and doing things that make me happy to deal with the shitty aspects of my life. I also try very hard to assert my boundaries and stand up for myself more than I used to. This is what is tough sometimes, telling people exactly what u want and how u feel. Because you worry they will react badly or something lol! That's some of the ways I cope.

You sound like you're managing well--at least much better than me. I hope it pays off in some happiness for you. A lot of happiness. Here's to a bright future for you.

Reactions: Final Escape, Kira and Emilia