• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

trouble

trouble

Jan 5, 2020
Hey guys, today I've found out about a quite old case and after hearing the details, I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

I will be sharing the information I found on the internet.

As her username states, she was born in 1999. She used to do livestreams on a popular Japanese site named Niconicodouga. You can find a few videos of her streams on YouTube if you search up "rorochan_1999" — I have only seen one of them, but from what I've read there would be some diversity in her streams. She would sing, play the piano or talk but she would also run across roads with cars going at high speeds or stand on the edge of high places.
While some people say that she didn't get bullied or have family issues, others say that she did. Her Twitter account is still up, it's also "rorochan_1999" so look for yourself if you'd like.
Roro-chan said in a stream that she wanted to be a legend by jumping off a building. Many people encouraged her to do so - some told her not to. On November 24th, 2013 - at 14 years old - she jumped off a 13th-floor balcony while on livestream.
What's left of the stream is only a gif, it's not gory, doesn't show any blood or her body on the floor.

"From the gif I found online, it shows her walking a few steps on her balcony, stepping on what appears to be a box or container, then showing the camera what is down below. It is clearly high up. She then shows her feet stepping onto the box, her pants are shown as a bright pink, then the camera looks forward as I assume she steps onto the balcony ledge support. From there it's a world of spinning lights, then lands with a shake and a roll. The camera is facing upwards towards the night sky I believe."
(Copy&pasted this part - credits to feather chaser)

Viewers stated that they heard a scream when she fell - other people have also stated that it looks like she slipped instead of jumping. You can find the gif online if you look up her username on google images and click on "gif". There is no video with sound. Most traces have been erased.

Her case recently got much more attention due to a japanese song called "Ruru's Suicide Show on a Livestream".

Eyewitnesses have also stated that when she was found 3 hours later, she was still alive, cradling her face. Her face was still in tact, her body wasn't. She passed away in the hospital.
May she rest in peace.

(Also, please take the information with a grain of salt, I have found them on the internet and on a subreddit regarding her.)

What do you think about this?

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Forveleth, _AllCatsAreGrey_, Pen>Sword and 3 others
harkovv

harkovv

Everybody's different. Everybody's special. TCS.
Jul 14, 2020
I read a lot about her story. her videos on niconico were terribly strange, she sounds like she wanted to cry in every one video.
her fav character was Milky Momo, she has her as profile pic. Momo died in the end of her anime, i guess Roro was inspired by it.
Also I think she become a legend, literally everyone posts about it. On ig, twitter, fb, yt. A song about her helped a lot i guess.

Reactions: Fthis, trouble and superkai64
X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
Hey guys, today I've found out about a quite old case and after hearing the details, I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

I will be sharing the information I found on the internet.

As her username states, she was born in 1999. She used to do livestreams on a popular Japanese site named Niconicodouga. You can find a few videos of her streams on YouTube if you search up "rorochan_1999" — I have only seen one of them, but from what I've read there would be some diversity in her streams. She would sing, play the piano or talk but she would also run across roads with cars going at high speeds or stand on the edge of high places.
While some people say that she didn't get bullied or have family issues, others say that she did. Her Twitter account is still up, it's also "rorochan_1999" so look for yourself if you'd like.
Roro-chan said in a stream that she wanted to be a legend by jumping off a building. Many people encouraged her to do so - some told her not to. On November 24th, 2013 - at 14 years old - she jumped off a 13th-floor balcony while on livestream.
What's left of the stream is only a gif, it's not gory, doesn't show any blood or her body on the floor.

"From the gif I found online, it shows her walking a few steps on her balcony, stepping on what appears to be a box or container, then showing the camera what is down below. It is clearly high up. She then shows her feet stepping onto the box, her pants are shown as a bright pink, then the camera looks forward as I assume she steps onto the balcony ledge support. From there it's a world of spinning lights, then lands with a shake and a roll. The camera is facing upwards towards the night sky I believe."
(Copy&pasted this part - credits to feather chaser)

Viewers stated that they heard a scream when she fell - other people have also stated that it looks like she slipped instead of jumping. You can find the gif online if you look up her username on google images and click on "gif". There is no video with sound. Most traces have been erased.

Her case recently got much more attention due to a japanese song called "Ruru's Suicide Show on a Livestream".

Eyewitnesses have also stated that when she was found 3 hours later, she was still alive, cradling her face. Her face was still in tact, her body wasn't. She passed away in the hospital.
May she rest in peace.

(Also, please take the information with a grain of salt, I have found them on the internet and on a subreddit regarding her.)

What do you think about this?
She jumped off the 13th floor and still survived over 3 hours???

That just sounds terrible. Rest in peace Roro.

Reactions: bussy, Fthis, sadghost and 1 other person
trouble

trouble

Jan 5, 2020
I read a lot about her story. her videos on niconico were terribly strange, she sounds like she wanted to cry in every one video.
her fav character was Milky Momo, she has her as profile pic. Momo died in the end of her anime, i guess Roro was inspired by it.
Also I think she become a legend, literally everyone posts about it. On ig, twitter, fb, yt. A song about her helped a lot i guess.
Yeah, I guess she did become a legend after all. She also clearly had mental health issues, I just hope she's in a better place now and doesn't have to suffer anymore.

She jumped off the 13th floor and still survived over 3 hours???

That just sounds terrible. Rest in peace Roro.
One of my worst fears - I can't imagine the pain she must've been in. Knowing that she didn't pass quickly and with such a huge amount of pain makes it much worse.

Reactions: Fthis, ERASED and Imustbefree
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I just recently learned about Rorochan from this YT video:

I've been thinking about her a lot lately. She truly did become legend. Even though I know it's not the most ideal, jumping has become the method I think about most.

L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
My God that sounds horrible though. Lived through it only to die later in the hospital? Laying there all broken for three hours? I hope she was not conscious all that time. That's beyond brutal.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This thread is sort of a time capsule. Many years ago when I joined the community some users used the term "legends" for famous suicide cases. I think I have argumented against doing that. The newspapers quoted this a couple of times but also in distorted ways. It has been such a long ride SaSu. And maybe I am approaching my own end.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
This thread is sort of a time capsule. Many years ago when I joined the community some users used the term "legends" for famous suicide cases. I think I have argumented against doing that. The newspapers quoted this a couple of times but also in distorted ways. It has been such a long ride SaSu. And maybe I am approaching my own end.
I suppose I can understand the inclination to not use the term. Apologies that this rehashes old discussions, but are you inclined to elaborate on your feelings around this?

To elaborate on my use of it. I do so because it's my understanding that she brought it up. The linked video quoted her as saying, "I wonder what it will be like after I become legend." (Paraphrasing from memory.) It's my feeling that my thinking of her years after the fact is the result of being legend.

I however have issue with the presentation that some give that she did the livestream ctb just to become legend. That feels reductive to me.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I suppose I can understand the inclination to not use the term. Apologies that this rehashes old discussions, but are you inclined to elaborate on your feelings around this?
It was fueling the death cult narrative. It is a long time since and maybe I am not remembering all the details. But I think livestreaming one's suicide was one aspect which contributed to the "legend" status. Since the term legend positive connotated it incentivized to livestream one's suicide. In general a legend is someone who is cool and to admire. And committing suicide should not be seen that way in my opinion.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
It was fueling the death cult narrative. It is a long time since and maybe I am not remembering all the details. But I think livestreaming one's suicide was one aspect which contributed to the "legend" status. Since the term legend positive connotated it incentivized to livestream one's suicide. In general a legend is someone who is cool and to admire. And committing suicide should not be seen that way in my opinion.
I can understand that pov. An aspect of framing someone as legendary romanticizes them. I have heard about the trend of the roro challenge, where often young people would do dangerous things like she did. I can see how the negative impact of this.

I don't feel that naming a case of ctb as legendary necessarily means it's positive or desirable. It simply is one that is remembered and left a cultural impact imo.

As a 47 year old person who is considering jumping, I find her story to be special. I know jumping is difficult and unpredictable. Many have a hard time with SI to make the jump. Remembering her gives me some courage.

The end of Minky Momo is so intense. It def seems like Rorochan mirrored this hard contrast of cute girl and brutal end.

It's so intense to see after the fact how she was signalling her end with such a cute picture.

Artworks VIzZMBVoyideINAm EmJ7Yg t500x500

Last edited: