Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020
So I am looking to ctb via partial hanging, and I have done so much research but I can't seem to find the perfect rope for it. It's mainly because I'm an obese person. I weight around 227lb/103kg.

I have thought about using a paracord 550 (it holds 550lb) and don't think it will be right for me since 550lb is not much considering i will be tying 2 knots. 1 Knot usually decrease the weight a rope can handle by around 50%.

I have considered Manila rope/Hemp rope too but just confused.

Help is appreciated with what type of rope I should use for hanging myself.

---------------------------------
Once I find my rope I am looking for locations to tie that to which is something strong. Can't find a single location in my house. Looking at my obese self, I don't know if a doorknob can hold my weight. Thinking about attaching it to a door knob and throwing it over the top of a door and hanging from the other side.

Your inputs, comments, advice, help are all appreciated :)

Reactions: Salt
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
Your rope only has to hold you for the drop, and maybe thirty minutes afterwards, so the 550 lb one should work. You can try to use other kinds if you want to be extremely careful, but it doesn't matter that much. I got two or three partial attempts out of a dollar store jump rope, and I weigh 140 pounds. It only broke when I went for full suspension.

Reactions: Salt