F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
I've tested two ropes of the same material, one was 20mm, even just by using my hands to pull the rope tight around my neck it made me start to pass out, the next was was 12mm and no matter how hard I tighten the noose I don't get any dizzyness. I wonder if it would still be possible to use 12mm in full suspension

• Wow
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Or just use padding?

D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
Does it really make a difference as long as it doesn't break? But I also didn't faint as fast as I thought I would

D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
What would happen if I hung myself full suspended with a diameter that was too small? Would it take forever for me to pass out?

F

FallenFromGrace92

Student
Jan 24, 2021
What would happen if I hung myself full suspended with a diameter that was too small? Would it take forever for me to pass out?

It might take forever or you will just suffocate to death

• Wow
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne and Blondi
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I tried that using my hoodie. Didn't work.
Padding is supposed to be relatively hard from what I've heard. Some guy used his socks, tied them into hard knots apparently. Partial without pain is a real fucking hassle to pull off. Now, that sock-guy had taken painkillers and alcohol beforehand so I'm guessing he didn't really get a pure blood choke either. I have never been close to blacking out, whether I'm using hands or a rope. Got kind of close to the exploding head feeling (I think). I push until I start to have breathing problems and wait, nothing happens.

Painless partial is basically the night-night method but using gravity. I'm thinking about jumping over to night-night.

Last edited:
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I think a lot of it depends on the person; perhaps the location of their carotids, amount of body fat % etc. Stereotypically we always see that 'this rope' and 'this thickness' is the best or essentialto succeed, but when I look at coroner reports (search suicide on judiciary.uk, click 'suicide (from 2015)' and there's pages of reports) or news articles, I rarely see that rope was used for these successful attempts. Not to discredit it as a resource at all, but it makes me wonder if it really matters too much. I've seen bedsheets, scarves, vacuum cord, neck tie, dog leash.. but very rarely see rope..

I've cut up some bedsheets and made a secure ligature with them. Failing that I have a scarf or various cables I can pad. I plan to try partial in my closet tonight or tomorrow. I was a little worried whether it'll hold my weight (170lbs) without breaking, so today I cut up some planks of wood and used them to support the frame and hold my weight. It feels very secure and barely moves when I pull down on it

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I think a lot of it depends on the person; perhaps the location of their carotids, amount of body fat % etc. Stereotypically we always see that 'this rope' and 'this thickness' is the best or essentialto succeed, but when I look at coroner reports (search suicide on judiciary.uk, click 'suicide (from 2015)' and there's pages of reports) or news articles, I rarely see that rope was used for these successful attempts. Not to discredit it as a resource at all, but it makes me wonder if it really matters too much. I've seen bedsheets, scarves, vacuum cord, neck tie, dog leash.. but very rarely see rope..

I've cut up some bedsheets and made a secure ligature with them. Failing that I have a scarf or various cables I can pad. I plan to try partial in my closet tonight or tomorrow. I was a little worried whether it'll hold my weight (170lbs) without breaking, so today I cut up some planks of wood and used them to support the frame and hold my weight. It feels very secure and barely moves when I pull down on it
Some of these are really sad just from reading a few, one girl hanging herself in the location where she was raped as a child :aw:

• Aww..
Reactions: Rabitfever and hfdepression30
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Some of these are really sad just from reading a few, one girl hanging herself in the location where she was raped as a child :aw:
Ah yeah.. I saw that one too. Trauma really fucking sucks.. Such a sad situation, but I'm glad she's at peace now. Clearly had an overwhelming impact on her mental health :notsure:

eclipse

eclipse

Apr 14, 2021
Hmm I tried to (suspended) hang myself with natural fiber ropes of 1-2 cm. Of course hoping it would primarily stop the blood stream to the brain. But it only strangled my windpipe which was so painful and excruciating that I aborted every time. Now I have a nylon rope of about 6-8mm (I checked, it's enough for my body weight), and on testing my consciousness immediately started to fade, without the feeling of strangulation, to me that's a pretty clear indication that it does what it's supposed to.

• Wow
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Hmm I tried to (suspended) hang myself with natural fiber ropes of 1-2 cm. Of course hoping it would primarily stop the blood stream to the brain. But it only strangled my windpipe which was so painful and excruciating that I aborted every time. Now I have a nylon rope of about 6-8mm (I checked, it's enough for my body weight), and on testing my consciousness immediately started to fade, without the feeling of strangulation, to me that's a pretty clear indication that it does what it's supposed to.
How did you test it?

eclipse

eclipse

Apr 14, 2021
Essentially by doing it but stopping before fully losing consciousness