X

Xraydav

Feb 28, 2019
What is the best alternative to a rope? I am doing partial. Scarves and belts are too short for any of my doors and bed sheets and blanket seem hard to tie.

Reactions: maka and Baskol1
S

stiffneckl

Nov 17, 2018
I am going to use the belts from night gowns. They are soft so my neck won't be painful in the short time before I pass out. I had to buy a couple more (at second hand store) night gowns to get enough length. I am doing a partial also.

W

WeekofWonder

Oct 22, 2018
I am planning to use a necktie, and another one to secure it in case the tie breaks or something.

sadsadinfp

sadsadinfp

Aug 18, 2019
I am planning to use a necktie, and another one to secure it in case the tie breaks or something.
I'm thinking necktie as well, do you mean you're going to tie one to the other to lengthen it, or loop two around your neck? Don't quite understand, sorry

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Dollar Tree (US) has nice dog leashes. Fairly long and should be strong enough.

W

WeekofWonder

Oct 22, 2018
I'm thinking necktie as well, do you mean you're going to tie one to the other to lengthen it, or loop two around your neck? Don't quite understand, sorry
I was thinking more like making a ligature with one tie, then attach another tie on the bar and make a hard knot on the ligature with it (near the slipknot). I don't even know if it would be useful at all, maybe it's just a stupid idea lol.

8yy8uiyhbij

Feb 11, 2019
I'm usinga belt from a doorknob (old house so very old hardwood door), scarves are soft and stretchy so don't use them if you can avoid it if you can. Blankets being hard to try aren't really an issue tbh. What are you planning to hang from so we may know the height?

X

Xraydav

Feb 28, 2019
I'm usinga belt from a doorknob (old house so very old hardwood door), scarves are soft and stretchy so don't use them if you can avoid it if you can. Blankets being hard to try aren't really an issue tbh. What are you planning to hang from so we may know the height?
A door

8yy8uiyhbij

Feb 11, 2019

If you're hanging it from the otherside of the door, use a bedsheet, there's a chance a thicker rope may stop the door or it may slip off, I wouldn't rely on two items tied together as the tying knot may slip. Otherwise I'd use some climbers rope from what I've read.

Reactions: Baskol1 and Xraydav
X

Xraydav

Feb 28, 2019
If you're hanging it from the otherside of the door, use a bedsheet, there's a chance a thicker rope may stop the door or it may slip off, I wouldn't rely on two items tied together as the tying knot may slip. Otherwise I'd use some climbers rope from what I've read.
Ok. Any tips or tying the bedsheet? I have practiced and found it a bit difficult

Reactions: Baskol1