Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I'm currently watching "Wrath of man" and I'm seriously rooting for the "bad " guys in that movie. Society has hurt them they have a point. This happens alot of times to me when I watch movies. Is it just me and my anger or does anybody else feel like the world is portrayed upside down in movies alot? :hihi:

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, heretogethelp, Makko and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I genuinely wish Thanos was real and wiped out half of all life, me included. If only those meddlesome Avengers hadn't intervened.

• Yay!
Reactions: 4am, Symbiote, I'm scared and 6 others
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Yes and I usually end up disappointed, cause most movies and shows have "good endings" - even when it doesn't make any sense.
I'm still triggered by the GoT ending, I was team White Walkers since the first episode ;_;

• Yay!
Reactions: 4am, Élégie, LastFlowers and 1 other person
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Actually that movie was really good. I recommend it.

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I usually like villains or anti-heros in movies too. Because they are more complex characters, unpredictable and bring intrigue to the movie.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, netrezven, demuic and 5 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Yes, me too definitely. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Reactions: FuneralCry and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Oh absolutely, and I think more people are leaning into the idea, with all the love for antiheroes going around.

Not a movie, but part of my separation with religion solidified when excerpts of the Bible were being read to my class, I realized that Satan's point of view made a hell-no pun intended-of a lot more sense than God's, and that the "good guy" was just a tyrant, while the "bad guy" was just telling him as much and rightfully wondering why one being should be a god, while the others his servants.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, LakatosDiogenesz, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
I do this all the time too. I feel like some villians are more relatable than the heros.

Reactions: Largeletters
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I do this all the time too. I feel like some villians are more relatable than the heros.
and they're more human too. heroes are most of the time blissfully ignorant idiots with no real life experience. a perfect reflection of how society wants us to be lmao. Act like carefree potatoes while literally everything is on burning.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, pthnrdnojvsc, demuic and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find many villians interesting, in particular their backstories, what caused them to be the way they are.

Reactions: 4am, demuic, Largeletters and 2 others
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Depends, but for example, The Joker, some villains are not so evil as people previously thought.

Victoria

Victoria

Jun 15, 2021
I ALWAYS rooted for the guy who was the mummy in The Mummy! Firstly he was sort of hot and second he just loved his dead gf and I thought the whole thing was a completely misunderstood love story.

• Yay!
Reactions: Symbiote and lofticries
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Bad guys tend to have some form of personality. Films where the hero has more a more complex thought process than "society thinks X=good so they wrote me to think exactly that" are really damn rare.
Also ending the entire world has some pretty strong arguments.

Reactions: demuic
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
If super villians did not exist then heroes would be out of a job.

Reactions: lofticries
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I genuinely wish Thanos was real and wiped out half of all life, me included. If only those meddlesome Avengers hadn't intervened.
Yeah I also immediately thought of Thanos. The problem is he only wanted to eliminate 50% of all life instead of 100%.

Also
Zeke Yeager
from Attack on Titan, and Obito Uchiha from Naruto.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I always tend to root for the villains as well. Or characters in the morally gray side who will work with anyone so long as it benefits them.

Its really hard for me to like the heros cuz often times they come off as either too perfect or too emo for my taste.

My fav types of villains are the ones who have manners, ruthless but not mindlessly so, funny, and always in a good mood even when shit hits the fan. Bonus points if they call the hero out on their bullshit or lead them to a breakdown by just a simple convo. Extra bonus points if they're the way they are because they simply choose to be. Extra Extra bonus points if they're a woman.:ahhha:

Last edited:
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
The fact that bad guys never win in movies is a major reason why I stopped watching them about 15 years ago. Can't relate at all. Movies are just a feel-good ego stroke for normies. I was never the intended audience.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, rotten, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 5 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I always do, society collectively decides whats right and wrong on account of "morals" not logic. Taking life for the greater good is not evil if the reason for doing so has a purpose worthy of the life lost.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Largeletters
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
it's all so messed up. Good people do good things with bad results out of good intentions all the time. Some bad people do good things with good results out of bad intentions. I'm more into results, not intentions. And i would be very very careful with people who say that they are "good" people.
Good or bad is mostly subjective. But getting good results out of bad intentions is at least not that boring.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Largeletters and Panna
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Law Abiding Citizen would've been so much better if Butler's character had won at the end, he wasn't even really a villain though I suppose but I usually prefer the baddies.

Reactions: Largeletters
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I used to be such an arselicker as a kid due to improper teaching that people were ibheritently good... As soon as you realize they aren't good or bad they are just pathetic greedy selfish weak pieces of shit you tend to look at anyone who uses their life to send a message as a 'good' guy
If you're just killing people out of losing your temper or some stupid shit then I'm not a fan and I hate those groups of apoiled kids who beat old or disabled people to death. But usually peoplewho tried to bring order to this sick hellhole are opposed because regular sheeple dont have the guts they don't even understand what courage is they think it's their football team making a risky signing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters and Boochky
I

I'm scared

Feb 16, 2021
When my daughter was age 4-7 we used to go to holiday parks and there would be character shows for the children with a bad guy that you was meant to "hiss" at but my daughter always liked the bad guy..

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I always thought that the bad guys deserved the win since they put in more effort, didn't fuck around, planned everything out and were more bad-ass in general. The last few years I somehow started to move away from it a bit, probably has to do with me getting weaker and weaker. I have no drive or opportunities left.

The essence of "bad guys" is usually more or less using power to achieve goals at the expense of others. Now that I realize that I will never have power I guess I can't relate to them, and that I am in the "pathetic person getting saved by strong hero" category. (As much as I hate to admit it).

• Love
Reactions: 4am, WrongPlaceWrongTime, UseItOrLoseIt and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
The Mist was pretty good movie where the good guy lost. Any of Rob Zombie's movies fit that category as well.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I only enjoy video games if I get to play a villain.

Reactions: Insomniac, WrongPlaceWrongTime and GenesAndEnvironment
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Not a movie, but Killzone franchise is pretty good with this. Aside from Helghast just looking fucking badass, they are given much more of a backstory and personality than the ISA.

• Love
Reactions: Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
If you can ignore his chain smoking granny voice and the massive plot whole he created then I always rooted for Frieza in Dragon ball z. Lovely mix of power and derangement.