Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Has anyone seen the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams? What did you think?

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- I probably have a biased opinion to be honest. So *Spoiler Alert!*...

When his wife kills herself to be with him and ends up on the outskirts of hell (purgatory,) all lost, frightened and confused- that's what a relative of mine ACTUALLY thinks happens to suicides... Yeah- that wasn't the best family film to watch together... šŸ˜¬

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Yes- I probably have a biased opinion to be honest. So *Spoiler Alert!*...

When his wife kills herself to be with him and ends up on the outskirts of hell (purgatory,) all lost, frightened and confused- that's what a relative of mine ACTUALLY thinks happens to suicides... Yeah- that wasn't the best family film to watch together... šŸ˜¬
I find it interesting that Robin williams starred in so many movies with someone committing suicide. I agree about the purgatory crap - I don't believe that Thanks for your input!

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Forever Sleep
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's a fine piece of cinema and I understand that there is some truth to it. It was referenced in a by theologian Neale Donald Walsch. However, the same source dismisses the notion of hell, particularly eternal hell. In fact, he defines hell as 'your life gone wrong', which is by definition an impermanent state.

Other aspects depicted, like the tunnel, light, reunions, etc. are consistent with NDE studies. It is better to use this research directly than to focus on Hollywood dramatisations of it.

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
It's a fine piece of cinema and I understand that there is some truth to it. It was referenced in a by theologian Neale Donald Walsch. However, the same source dismisses the notion of hell, particularly eternal hell. In fact, he defines hell as 'your life gone wrong', which is by definition an impermanent state.

Other aspects depicted, like the tunnel, light, reunions, etc. are consistent with NDE studies. It is better to use this research directly than to focus on Hollywood dramatisations of it.
Agree 100% but as far as movies go this is pretty good.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Pluto
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I find it interesting that Robin williams starred in so many movies with someone committing suicide. I agree about the purgatory crap - I don't believe that Thanks for your input!
Hmm yeah- that is interesting. I wonder if he had anything to do with writing any of them. It was a great shock to me when he took his own life. I suppose I do believe it was to avoid what his illness would do to him. Still- you never really know with people. Especially comedians sometimes- almost like they're overcompensating. It was so sad. I hate it that we can get these illnesses that just slowly eat away at the person. It's just sick.

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Hmm yeah- that is interesting. I wonder if he had anything to do with writing any of them. It was a great shock to me when he took his own life. I suppose I do believe it was to avoid what his illness would do to him. Still- you never really know with people. Especially comedians sometimes- almost like they're overcompensating. It was so sad. I hate it that we can get these illnesses that just slowly eat away at the person. It's just sick.
So true. We walk around with smiles hiding the pain. Robin Williams was a shock

• Hugs
Reactions: ARW3N, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Forever Sleep