N

Note

Aug 6, 2024
Hello. This is my first post to this community.

28M. Living in Europe. I want this thread to function as my diary. I will post here at least once a week. My ambition is to do it daily, but I do not want to give false promises. Public diary will make me more accountable to do something for my recovery. Encouragement is appreciated, but practical advice is even more valuable.

Problem description.
I am living in a home for disable people. I do not work and never completed secondary education. I am living of disability benefits.
My days are bland and mostly identical. I have nothing to go to. I offen feel like my life is some kind of useless suffering.
I am searching for ways to leave the institution,partake in society more effectively, earn money in a way that has less conditions attached then disability benefits and make my life better overall.

So, why post here when there is plenty of forums focused on recovery? I guess because I support forums free speech cause. Suicide is not my current goal, but I do not want someone to freak out and ban me in case I mention some specific suicide method. Free speech matters and I want to thank forum stuff for the opportunity to discuss this topic without judgment.:heart:

Let the fun begin!
Thanks for all comments.

Mood 5/10

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, exitingtothevoid, LoiteringClouds and 6 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome! :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Note and whywere
N

Note

Aug 6, 2024

Story.

Today i have started a big room cleanup.
This will probably take a few days.
Cleaning will help me to take inventory of all my stuff , clean up my mind and prepare it to future life-changing steps.
Also I have to get used to keep living space clean.
Landlords like clean and tidy renters much more.
This is important if I ever want to leave social housing.

Insights.
1.I have so much paper around the house, that I probably need a shredder.
2. I found a phone charger which I never used. Going to give it to a relative , which got a new phone recently.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, derpyderpins, damienlerone03 and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
WELCOME to SaSu my new good friend. I have no family nor friends except everyone here.

This site is a global family to/for me that is filled with loving, caring and ever so wonderful souls, like @Praestat_Mori and so many others. I hope that it is the same for you also.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Note, derpyderpins and Praestat_Mori
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
hey there! :D I wish you the best on your road to recovery! :D I don't know about other forums, but people here are very friendly if you wish to talk to them and stuff~ hehe~ :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Note, derpyderpins, damienlerone03 and 1 other person
N

Note

Aug 6, 2024
Thank all of you for being so welcoming.

Big cleaning continues.
Today I was focused on sorting paper. Reduced six cardboard boxes with paper to only two.
As a side hassle I recycled some plastic bottles and received my new push-up bars, which i am planning to use for training later on.
I want to clean up my electronics from dust, but I have to get special rugs first, so tomorrow I will probably look into information on my computer hard drive. Pretty much useless data even there.

Yesterday I went to bed too early which resulted in me being awake already at 03.00 at night. Not very pleasant experience.

Mood 7/10
Nice to see results of your own work

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere
N

Note

Aug 6, 2024
Hello.

Cleaning is complete.

How we can talk about more difficult problems with no clear path to a solution.

One of those is food. In a disability home we get food everyday.
The problem is this food usually taste terrible. Might seem like a minor thing, but food is something you encounter on a daily basis and me practicaly forcing myself to eat is definitely a major contributing factor for me being unsatisfied with my life.
So why do you not cook something yourself you might ask?
The thing is that nobody ever teached me how to cook food. Futhermore, I was actively discouraged from doing so by my mother.(She is pretty overprotective in general and was just too afraid of me doing something wrong).
Also once again, if I am determined to leave the institution, decent cooking skills is a must.
So, while i am continuing to research this topic myself, I want to ask people who had to learn how to cook by themselves, where did you start?

Mood 6/10

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and whywere
N

Note

Aug 6, 2024
Reading books I took yesterday from the library.
Now it is Matilda by Roald Dahl.
The book itself is pretty funny, but there is a feeling that I should do something more useful. Just don't know what it should be (yet?)

Mood 4/10

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and whywere
N

Note

Aug 6, 2024
I have made rough calculations on how much money I need to move to The Netherlands.
Right now I have concluded that I will need at least 20000 euros per year.
Calculations are not complete by any means, and right now do not include one-time expenses like a security deposit for rent.
The fact that landlords routinely ask for proof of income also temporary disregarded.

Right now I do not know where to find this money, but I can always hope.

Mood 5/10.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere and GuessWhosBack
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I have the thing which I would highly recommend for you. There is this book called "The Artist Way" by Julian Cameron- which a short of study book, that includes material for 12 week course, which is highly enlightening and it gives you the basics and tips fo as a "road map". It teaches you how to go towards your wants and needs, dreams and wishes, and I needs only your own will and energy.

Reactions: Note
N

Note

Aug 6, 2024
I will also explain why The Netherlands.
The thing is I see this as an opportinity to finally get an education and find a job.
First of all The Netherlands has better rules for recognition of foreign qualifications.
I have already requested an evaluation of my incomplete secondary education by Nuffic and received positive decision.
Also they do have something called Colloquium Doctum, which is a possibility for people who do not have required diplomas to eventually enter the University, if they pass an entrance exam. This are possibilities not available in my home country.
This is not easy at all, but it is a chance for me to become a good functioning member of the society, which is stupid to waste.

Also the country is very compact. Everything is in close proximity. I have to admit it is wonderful and opens many possibilities.

Last edited: