G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Seams a lot of suicides around here are by bodies found in rivers or canals. How would this kill you unless you can't swim. I'm sure survival instinct would make you swim out.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I don't know - but I did hear of a gentleman in the early stages of Alzheimers who jumped in a canal in London and managed to CTB. Good for him! He didn't want to live with the disease and I think that is entirely understandable.

flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
there have been a ton of stories where I live of people walking home drunk along the river, falling in and dying. probably different if you're expecting to jump in though.

BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
People can die from "cold shock response" and can do so very quickly if they jump / fall into cold water. A sudden fall into cold water makes one gasp underwater and the aspiration of water leads to choking, panicking and sinking further, rendering frantic movements arms ineffective. People in this situation often die without ever surfacing. ETA a link to an article on the matter >

Reactions: flower
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
The people round here aren't drunk they have mental illness. I just can't see how its possible too die.