• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Magical Princess of Death
Aug 31, 2022
My original plan for attempting to CTB was I wanted an apartment all to myself and using an exit bag there. That way if I failed due to SI or whatever other reason I wouldn't be hospitalized and I could always just try again another time, plus I wouldn't burden any roommates with my corpse. Being incredibly poor and having mental health issues that interrupt working have made living without the support of roommates impossible for a while.

While I think I could eventually after a lot of hard work and more failures have that apartment as a goal, I'm considering just using the small amount of funds I have now to use my exit bag set-up in a hotel room. My fear is if I fail or if room service ignores my "do not disturb sign" as they sometimes do, not only would I experience the misery of a hospital again, but I'd have no resources to try again, and would be kept a closer eye on.

Maybe I'm worrying too much, but the possibility of being sent to the hospital again is a crippling fear of mine. I know it's advised not to be impulsive, but after a recent really bad episode of mental health and being sexually assaulted again I feel like I'm being pushed to act fast before more suffering happens. I feel fairly confident I can set the exit bag up correctly, but I can be pretty clumsy and stupid when it comes down to assembling things, especially when it's high pressure like this.

How risky is CTBing in a hotel really? Are there better hotel chains to pick than others? (I live in the USA) Could I please be pointed in the direction of hotel CTB success/failure stories or resources?

Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, AnonymousS and Euthanza
Anzhe

Anzhe

Chaotic chaOS
Jan 8, 2023
It is better to rent an apartment for a month. in a hotel maids can enter the room whenever they want.

Reactions: Euthanza and ArchmagePrincess
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Would getting a tent and setting up camp in the middle of nowhere be an option for you or is that not possible?

If you have the money, I think most holiday homes the staff running the place usually don't disturb you with room service and only come round to clean up between customers coming and leaving. Admittedly I live in the UK and not the US, so I dunno how differently holidays homes are run in the US compared to the UK.

Reactions: ArchmagePrincess
almostoutofhere

almostoutofhere

Living in the past
Dec 27, 2022
It is better to rent an apartment for a month. in a hotel maids can enter the room whenever they want.
Just put a do not disturb sign on the door

Reactions: Shu
Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
I can assure you that the staff of the hotel will not enter your room as long as you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door. Maids are thankful when they see that because that means less work for them on that day. It only becomes mandatory for them to enter you room and clean it if you stay there for a long time.

Make sure to select a hotel that does not offer turndown service. That means they would knock on your door each evening and if you don't answer they will just enter to prepare your room for the night. But that only happens in high end hotels, as far as I am aware.

Still, if you feel too unsafe to do it at a hotel, get yourself an Airbnb. Or go camping.

• Informative
Reactions: almostoutofhere, ArchmagePrincess and LastFlowers
ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Aug 31, 2022
I can assure you that the staff of the hotel will not enter your room as long as you put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door. Maids are thankful when they see that because that means less work for them on that day. It only becomes mandatory for them to enter you room and clean it if you stay there for a long time.

Make sure to select a hotel that does not offer turndown service. That means they would knock on your door each evening and if you don't answer they will just enter to prepare your room for the night. But that only happens in high end hotels, as far as I am aware.

Still, if you feel too unsafe to do it at a hotel, get yourself an Airbnb. Or go camping.
Thanks I hadn't considered an Airbnb or camping they seem like good options to think about. Will a hotel's website advertise that they do or don't do turndown service?

Reactions: LastFlowers
T

Teardrop2021

Aug 14, 2021
Also, you can put up the deadbolt/chain thing up so that no one from the outside can enter. The best they can do it open the door a crack.

Reactions: TapeMachine and Euthanza
Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
Thanks I hadn't considered an Airbnb or camping they seem like good options to think about. Will a hotel's website advertise that they do or don't do turndown service?
That really depends on the hotel. The hotels I worked at didn't advertise it, we just did it and guests welcomed it. But we've had a bunch of people strictly say that they don't want anyone to enter the room after 7.00PM so they wouldn't receive the turndown service.

I think it'd be wise to ask about it and then turn down the offer, they will inform housekeeping and nobody will enter your room.

ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Aug 31, 2022
That really depends on the hotel. The hotels I worked at didn't advertise it, we just did it and guests welcomed it. But we've had a bunch of people strictly say that they don't want anyone to enter the room after 7.00PM so they wouldn't receive the turndown service.

I think it'd be wise to ask about it and then turn down the offer, they will inform housekeeping and nobody will enter your room.
That seems like a smart move. I'm relieved I have a few options to think about now. I felt so stuck before. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: dopaminedeath and Fulminare
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
AirBNB or such serviced apartments, they won't give you daily service unless you ask.Though 1 place may have different rules, e.g. minimum stay 8 days

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I am also doing it in a hotel. Everytime I have gone to a hotel, no one disturbs me. I dont even put signs and no one enters. I used to work as a housekeeper too and I know how it works. They start cleaning the rooms around 8-9 am in the morning. They only clean the rooms if you don't have the sign. If you have the sign, they do not enter at all. As long as you do your stuff during the nighttime to give it time to work, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: アホペンギン and almostoutofhere
almostoutofhere

almostoutofhere

Living in the past
Dec 27, 2022
Although I feel like like the owners of the Airbnb might be more traumatized, I think the hotel staff are more trained to deal with those kinds of situations

• Hugs
Reactions: ArchmagePrincess
ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Aug 31, 2022
Although I feel like like the owners of the Airbnb might be more traumatized, I think the hotel staff are more trained to deal with those kinds of situations
That's a good point I don't wanna hurt anyone. I think the camping option is looking appealing for that reason.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Doing it in an Airbnb would be wrong. A hotel is a business but that's someone's private home you're choosing to die in. Not cool.

Reactions: Papilio_polyxenes
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Hotel is not good, why put someone through that.

They are just doing their job, walking into a hanging or SN death would be horrendous. Both turn the body a horrible colour and pop the eyes.

P

pipapo

Dec 15, 2022
Doing it in an Airbnb would be wrong. A hotel is a business but that's someone's private home you're choosing to die in. Not cool.
there also lots of professionals housings at airbnb not only private homes

• Informative
Reactions: Fulminare