• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
What are the risks of the tourniqiet method or other carotid compression methods?

'Five Last Acts' has a fairly comprehensive section giving instructions on these types of method. It doesn't mention anything about risks of brain damage or anything like that if you do it wrong. But I have seen people on this forum suggesting that there are risks of things like brain damage or a stroke?

Also, if I did it wrong and just passed out without dying, how long would it likely take me to wake up? So that I would have time to make everything look normal again before anyone entered the room! I don't wanna like pass out and sleep for 8 hours.

EDIT: I reread it, and it does say there's a risk of brain damage if you get interrupted before you're dead. Doesn't seem to suggest any other risks though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Walilamdzii and Soul
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
I believe there is a risk of brain damage; it is similar to partial hanging as in: you must suppress blood flow to brain and if enough time without blood to brain you can become a vergtable/brain dead if you are found or somehow fail. i believe you die in about 30 or so mins without blood flow but i may be wrong about that.

Reactions: Soul
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
If you choose tourniquet make sure that you sit down and that you won't fall over. Like Ivenocare said, 30 mins min. are required I would recommend at least 60 mins. If the tourniquet doesn't come off and nobody finds you in time there's no way you'll end up with brain damage. However, there's a chance that the tourniquet comes off during convulsions. This depends on how intense the convulsions are, which apparently differs from person to person.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, NoOneKnows and Soul
F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
If you choose tourniquet make sure that you sit down and that you won't fall over. Like Ivenocare said, 30 mins min. are required I would recommend at least 60 mins. If the tourniquet doesn't come off and nobody finds you in time there's no way you'll end up with brain damage. However, there's a chance that the tourniquet comes off during convulsions. This depends on how intense the convulsions are, which apparently differs from person to person.

Why sit down? Would lying down be fine?

ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Why sit down? Would lying down be fine?
I guess it would be fine, as long as you don't do this lying on your bed or something since you could fall out of it during the convulsions and the tourniquet could come off

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, Soul and Fuzzy94
F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
I guess it would be fine, as long as you don't do this lying on your bed or something since you could fall out of it during the convulsions and the tourniquet could come off

Thanks. Where is this thing about convulsions coming from? None of the stuff that ive read about the method (Five Last Acts and peaceful pill handbook) has mentioned convulsions.

ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Thanks. Where is this thing about convulsions coming from? None of the stuff that ive read about the method (Five Last Acts and peaceful pill handbook) has mentioned convulsions.
Convulsions always occur when the flow of oxygen to the brain is interrupted (Hypoxia). It's just the body trying everything it can to prevent the carotid arteries from being occluded.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and Soul
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Yeah I convulse when trying to hang myself

Reactions: Ivenocare
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
and they really hinder us =\

Rite? What if the rope snaps / the tourniquet gets loose from all the trashing going on. Since I jerk around pretty bad even when semi blacked out. I made myself blac out on purpose in front of a friend once and she told me it looked like I was having a seizure so yeah, sucks if something goes wrong

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Rite? What if the rope snaps / the tourniquet gets loose from all the trashing going on. Since I jerk around pretty bad even when semi blacked out. I made myself blac out on purpose in front of a friend once and she told me it looked like I was having a seizure so yeah, sucks if something goes wrong
know about the rather interesting topic of "games with asphyxia" ? I think researching this can help us :P

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
know about the rather interesting topic of "games with asphyxia" ? I think researching this can help us :P

You mean the choking game? I practice it hella often.
Well in any case Ill def look into it

• Wow
Reactions: SomebodyBroken
D

dyingtodie

Student
Nov 29, 2018
I've envisioned tightening a D ring belt to compress carotids and then partially hang. That way it can't come loose.

I wonder if lying down in such a way that the weight of the body is pushing the tourniquet lever down would be helpful.

With the addition of the plastic bag I don't see how failure is possible. Except, I fear that the bag might cause an SI reaction faster than the compression would and this could get really uncomfortable or scary.

Any thoughts? I'm grateful for this post as I too have been wondering about the risks of this method.

Reactions: ZomGuy and Ivenocare
F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
Convulsions always occur when the flow of oxygen to the brain is interrupted (Hypoxia). It's just the body trying everything it can to prevent the carotid arteries from being occluded.

Ugh, I'm so confused. 'Five Last Acts' makes it sound so simple - they make it sound like anyone can do it in a hospital bed (at night, beneath the covers) without being noticed. They do say if you're interrupted there's a risk of brain damage, and they say make sure to tie it properly etc - but they don't say anything about convulsions potentially making it come loose, or the risk of convulsions making a noise and alerting people. I don't know what to believe about this method!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Walilamdzii, AbsoluteNothingness, Soul and 3 others
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
I've envisioned tightening a D ring belt to compress carotids and then partially hang. That way it can't come loose.

I wonder if lying down in such a way that the weight of the body is pushing the tourniquet lever down would be helpful.

With the addition of the plastic bag I don't see how failure is possible. Except, I fear that the bag might cause an SI reaction faster than the compression would and this could get really uncomfortable or scary.

Any thoughts? I'm grateful for this post as I too have been wondering about the risks of this method.
I'm going to do it sitting down but pushing the lever down with the weight of the body is an interesting consideration.
Ugh, I'm so confused. 'Five Last Acts' makes it sound so simple - they make it sound like anyone can do it in a hospital bed (at night, beneath the covers) without being noticed. They do say if you're interrupted there's a risk of brain damage, and they say make sure to tie it properly etc - but they don't say anything about convulsions potentially making it come loose, or the risk of convulsions making a noise and alerting people. I don't know what to believe about this method!
I think I'm maybe too paranoid and I'm just overthinking this whole thing about convulsions. They probably don't mention it because maybe it isn't a huge risk regarding the tourniquet method. Sadly there aren't many tourniquet case reports on the internet but there's one where an old man was found dead still holding the walking stick he had used to tighten the tourniquet. This implies there were little to no convulsions. And also as you said, many people succeeded using this method while lying in bed. I think lying beneath the covers should be a safe way to do it since the convulsions have to be pretty intense to throw you out of bed. I also think convulsions aren't that intense compared to the hanging method because less pressure is applied to the neck. But that's only my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Walilamdzii, dyingtodie and Ivenocare
F

Fuzzy94

Apr 12, 2019
I'm going to do it sitting down but pushing the lever down with the weight of the body is an interesting consideration.

I think I'm maybe too paranoid and I'm just overthinking this whole thing about convulsions. They probably don't mention it because maybe it isn't a huge risk regarding the tourniquet method. Sadly there aren't many tourniquet case reports on the internet but there's one where an old man was found dead still holding the walking stick he had used to tighten the tourniquet. This implies there were little to no convulsions. And also as you said, many people succeeded using this method while lying in bed. I think lying beneath the covers should be a safe way to do it since the convulsions have to be pretty intense to throw you out of bed. I also think convulsions aren't that intense compared to the hanging method because less pressure is applied to the neck. But that's only my opinion.

Thanks. How are you planning to guard against convulsions when/if you do it? What are you using for the tourniquet?

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
I wonder how bad convulsions are for this as well; partial hanging mine was intense; or are convulsions just vary to person to person even for this?

• Hugs
Reactions: ZomGuy
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Thanks. How are you planning to guard against convulsions when/if you do it? What are you using for the tourniquet?
I'm going to use a wooden spoon and a fabric belt. So far, I've used a scarf, last time I tried it I almost passed out. I wasn't able to rotate the spoon anymore, I think this was because of the scarf. I just needed one more turn to pass out. Tomorrow I'm going to try it using a fabric belt because then I will probably get enough rotations to succeed. About the convulsions, I'm not sure if there's something you can do. If you decide to do this sitting down, I would recommend to rotate the stick in such a way that it catches on the back, not on the collarbone. According to "five last acts" this doesn't matter but imo the tourniquet can come loose more likely if the stick catches on the collarbone, because of the body tilting forward.
I wonder how bad convulsions are for this as well; partial hanging mine was intense; or are convulsions just vary to person to person even for this?
Yeah I think it differs from person to person. The only thing I'm going to research before I try it again tomorrow is after how many minutes brain damage can occur. This is something I'm really not sure about

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and Ivenocare
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
I'm going to use a wooden spoon and a fabric belt. So far, I've used a scarf, last time I tried it I almost passed out. I wasn't able to rotate the spoon anymore, I think this was because of the scarf. I just needed one more turn to pass out. Tomorrow I'm going to try it using a fabric belt because then I will probably get enough rotations to succeed. About the convulsions, I'm not sure if there's something you can do. If you decide to do this sitting down, I would recommend to rotate the stick in such a way that it catches on the back, not on the collarbone. According to "five last acts" this doesn't matter but imo the tourniquet can come loose more likely if the stick catches on the collarbone, because of the body tilting forward.

Yeah I think it differs from person to person. The only thing I'm going to research before I try it again tomorrow is after how many minutes brain damage can occur. This is something I'm really not sure about
Did you feel convulsions by any chance? My chair is to loud if convulsion are as bad as hanging, so i feel i would need to lay on bed but dont want to wake anyone; regardless, I wish you the best of luck, friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: Walilamdzii and Soul
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Did you feel convulsions by any chance? My chair is to loud if convulsion are as bad as hanging, so i feel i would need to lay on bed but dont want to wake anyone; regardless, I wish you the best of luck, friend.
Nope, haven't experienced convulsions so far. I have the same problem. Maybe I should wait a few days until there's enough time to do it, so I won't be found in time. But on the other hand, I need to ctb as soon as possible. I'm not too sure if I really wanna do this sitting down. I think I have to do it lying in bed so that nobody will be alerted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivenocare
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Nope, haven't experienced convulsions so far. I have the same problem. Maybe I should wait a few days until there's enough time to do, so I won't be found in time. But on the other hand, I need to ctb as soon as possible. I'm not too sure if I really wanna do this sitting down. I thinkk I have to d it lying in bed so that nobody will be alerted.
Do you have any gimick for not falling off bed if you do convulse? I'd say pillows for me but that would just fall i assume, and if i put my wooden desk near it will be loud when i hit it. that is if i even convulse like hanging.

Reactions: ZomGuy
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Do you have any gimick for not falling off bed if you do convulse? I'd say pillows for me but that would just fall i assume, and if i put my wooden desk near it will be loud when i hit it. that is if i even convulse like hanging.
hmm, well, I almost did it today with a t-shirt and a stick (small) .. I experienced an adrenaline rush three times (or what could it be when my mind suddenly clears up when I lose it?) and now I feel terrible. I want to lie on the bed and do nothing ... but, we must overcome this terrible SI..
convulsions did not notice. in any case, it is cruel. maybe can quit trying it and go to sea (hyperventilation works for me, as it turned out). there will be a "sea misadventure", huh.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Ivenocare
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
hmm, well, I almost did it today with a t-shirt and a stick (small) .. I experienced an adrenaline rush three times (or what could it be when my mind suddenly clears up when I lose it?) and now I feel terrible. I want to lie on the bed and do nothing ... but, we must overcome this terrible SI..
convulsions did not notice. in any case, it is cruel. maybe can quit trying it and go to sea (hyperventilation works for me, as it turned out). there will be a "sea misadventure", huh.
When you say "adrenaline rush" do you mean you get warm fuzzy feeling or something else or misture or both? I get fuzzy and fearful of convulsions and that is all, I am glad hyperventilation works for you (twisted glad... xD).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Soul and SomebodyBroken
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
When you say "adrenaline rush" do you mean you get warm fuzzy feeling or something else or misture or both? I get fuzzy and fearful of convulsions and that is all, I am glad hyperventilation works for you (twisted glad... xD).
I honestly do not know how to describe it normally...
beginning to lose consciousness, the pressure on the neck is stable, but suddenly the consciousness returns to normal (without losing it). 99% is adrenaline. I can't fall asleep afterwards (I just lie down and beat my heart wildly, well, I want to move)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
No I'm not sure but if I really decide to this lying in bed then I will have to come up with an idea, so that I don't fall out of bed. I think I'm going to rely on the blanket and hope for the best. Btw I forgot to say thank you, I also wish you the best

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021

I've found a few other reports for tourniquet/self ligature, so there is a bit more reading material.

Since this thread is old, is anyone still here and had any progress with this method?

Last edited: