Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Fast forward

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Simple question. If you got to choose, would you rewind your life to redo it, correct your mistakes, take another path or whatever, or fast forward it directly to your funeral?

For me, as much as I'd like to go, I did take some "medicine" that ruined me physically. It's too tempting to go back. And just not take it. See how it goes.

Reactions: AE2021
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Probably the "OFF" button haha

Reactions: CloseTheBook, Skathon, ExhaustedExistence and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think I would still be suicidal but I'd pick "rewind" so as to change lots of past mistakes and if nothing works, well, I guess ctb will be an option again lol.

Reactions: AE2021 and UseItOrLoseIt
Suicide_1992

Suicide_1992

Apr 25, 2021
I think I would still be suicidal but I'd pick "rewind" so as to change lots of past mistakes and if nothing works, well, I guess ctb will be an option again lol.
That's me on rewind as well, if there was a chance to go back in time I would, though id have to live the same suffering growing up all over again.

Would also depend on who we are going back, I would love to go back as who I am now im smarter and I know more about myself than I did before.

Reactions: AE2021 and UseItOrLoseIt
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Fast forward to my death.

Reactions: FuneralCry, ExhaustedExistence, AE2021 and 2 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Would also depend on who we are going back, I would love to go back as who I am now im smarter and I know more about myself than I did before.
I agree. I would have to know what I know now, otherwise I would probably make the same mistakes all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suicide_1992 and AE2021
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It would literally be impossible to use the rewind button and then do anything differently. Think about it.

Reactions: FuneralCry, ExhaustedExistence, Ame and 1 other person
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
Interesting question. My first thought was rewind. But then if it means growing up in the same situation that I did, it would be fast forward. It was like I was held captive as a young child with no choice but to endure my abusive captors until I could get away. So I think I would go ahead and fast forward instead of risking reliving any of that.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
It would literally be impossible to use the rewind button and then do anything differently. Think about it.
You're right. But I was thinking, when I posted (and answered) the question, that one condition had to be true, and that is: that I remain at this level of awareness.

My mistake I didn't emphasize that.

Reactions: jenepeuxdiremonnom
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You're right. But I was thinking, when I posted (and answered) the question, that one condition had to be true, and that is: that I remain at this level of awareness.

My mistake I didn't emphasize that.
Awareness has nothing to do with it, this is pure physics.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would certainly fast forward straight to the grave. I think in my situation most of my problems are completely out of my control. If I fast forwarded back I would just end up in reliving the same misery over again.

Reactions: almaranthine, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, sadbadpsychogirl and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
None, I want to exit.

Reactions: Skathon
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Rewind to when I was in my dad's ballsack and stay there.

Reactions: hevlalab, almaranthine and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm very likely to screw up a rewind and either not change anything by making the same mistakes or somehow make things even worse. I'd rather go forward because I'm curious as to what the future's gonna be like plus I wouldn't have to wait to find more media to consume.

LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Fast forward 100% (unless there was a way to change things I'd normally have no control over).

J

jenepeuxdiremonnom

Apr 27, 2021
OP probably didn't come to the Offtopic section (which is "[for letting] off steam") for physics, you know, @GenesAndEnvironment? Jeez.

Anyways, @UseItOrLoseIt, I'd probably rewind to the onset of my depression and then kill myself shortly thereafter. Until then, I was beset with challenges but able to overcome them; since then, I cannot overcome anything (as well as all the stuff that comes with depression-suicide, e.g., pain, anhedonia). It would have been nice to die having had a relatively nice, short life.

• Yay!
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
OP probably didn't come to the Offtopic section (which is "[for letting] off steam") for physics, you know, @GenesAndEnvironment? Jeez.
Lol, true. I even made a similar thread myself three months ago, choosing to ignore the "physics" in the process! :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: jenepeuxdiremonnom
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I am the mistake - my parents should have used a condom - so fast-forward would be ideal, lol.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment